Wendy Davis joins Greg Abbott in supporting ‘open carry’ gun law

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
This is going to be fun.

The Wild West tradition of openly carrying your six-shooter on the street has long been banned in Texas under state law. But the next governor could change that.Rising Democratic star and gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has joined her top Republican rival in supporting a proposed “open carry” law. It would allow people with concealed handgun licenses to wear a pistol on their hip, in full view, while in public.
Davis has said she supports expanding gun rights in Texas. In a statement to The Associated Press, she said that includes open-carry — a position that puts her at odds with her own party but could keep her from alienating gun rights advocates in a deeply conservative state where the Second Amendment is sacrosanct.

Wendy Davis joins Greg Abbott in supporting ?open carry? gun law | Dallas Morning News

I predict that Abortion Barbie's left wing funding is about to evaporate.

She's already been exposed as a liar. Why should we believe her now? Sounds like a dishonest ploy to sway unsuspecting conservative voters, but that's what liars do. A liberal supporting open carry doesn't pass the smell test.

Yeah, her "career" is over. She's still trying to explain how she spent over $120,000 on several apartments with no income…..Looks as though she used campaign finances (but I don't know).

Frankly, I believe that she and Bill Clinton would have gotten along marvelously…….In the West Wing……..:eusa_whistle:

This is going to be fun.

The Wild West tradition of openly carrying your six-shooter on the street has long been banned in Texas under state law. But the next governor could change that.Rising Democratic star and gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has joined her top Republican rival in supporting a proposed “open carry” law. It would allow people with concealed handgun licenses to wear a pistol on their hip, in full view, while in public.
Davis has said she supports expanding gun rights in Texas. In a statement to The Associated Press, she said that includes open-carry — a position that puts her at odds with her own party but could keep her from alienating gun rights advocates in a deeply conservative state where the Second Amendment is sacrosanct.

Wendy Davis joins Greg Abbott in supporting ?open carry? gun law | Dallas Morning News

--LOL

who knew

--LOL

This is going to be fun.

abortion barbie??

i think the rightwing should continue to say stupid things like that. you know, just to emphasize the disdain you all have for women.

i figure that should protect her funding.

so keep up the good work.

This is going to be fun.

abortion barbie??

i think the rightwing should continue to say stupid things like that. you know, just to emphasize the disdain you all have for women.

i figure that should protect her funding.

so keep up the good work.

No problem, I actually have a sense of humor, even if it offends the poor progressives.

This is going to be fun.

While I support abortion . Open carry is far more important. See my signature.

I was under the impression that Texas allowed open carry? I recall Arizona definitely allowed open carry. This is very convenient, even for holders of CCW permits. In the summer, temperatures in Arizona can get very uncomfortable, especially with the dry heat. Wearing light clothing, makes it easier to open carry versus concealed carry.

This stupid bimbo will say anything at this point to remain a viable candidate.

She has JUST ONE political accomplishment, and that is a half assed 12 hour rant in favor of infanticide.

She's no more qualified to govern this state than a bus boy is to own a restaurant chain.

I'm all for open carry in my beloved state BTW, but I'll believe a moonbat will advance that agenda right after I join the remnants of Jim Jones commie cult.

She's desperate, and it's funny.

My only concern is that we get Patterson out of the primary. No matter who the primary victory is, the democrooks have no chance and that's why they tossed out this useless whore.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Greg will take between 55 to 58% of the vote unless there is a massive turnout of Hispanic voters.

if so, he will have 52 to 54% of the vote.

This is going to be fun.

Men with small penis's will not have to buy big mud tires or corvettes anymore.

This is going to be fun.

Men with small penis's will not have to buy big mud tires or corvettes anymore.

That should save you quite a bit of money then.

The Left smears Sarah Palin for stepping down as Governor yet celebrates Wendy Davis for quitting being a Mother. This might resonate in Elizabeth Warren Circles but will fall way short in Texas.

Forum List

Back