Wendy Davis joins Greg Abbott in supporting ‘open carry’ gun law

This is going to be fun.

The Wild West tradition of openly carrying your six-shooter on the street has long been banned in Texas under state law. But the next governor could change that.Rising Democratic star and gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has joined her top Republican rival in supporting a proposed “open carry” law. It would allow people with concealed handgun licenses to wear a pistol on their hip, in full view, while in public.
Davis has said she supports expanding gun rights in Texas. In a statement to The Associated Press, she said that includes open-carry — a position that puts her at odds with her own party but could keep her from alienating gun rights advocates in a deeply conservative state where the Second Amendment is sacrosanct.
Wendy Davis joins Greg Abbott in supporting ?open carry? gun law | Dallas Morning News

I predict that Abortion Barbie's left wing funding is about to evaporate.

I think you're forgetting something: This is Texas we're talking about. Texas Democrats are not like Democrats in the rest of the country. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many Democrats in Texas who have a problem with this.

I didn't miss anything, most of her money is coming from out of state.

What may not be known is until a few years ago Davis was a republican but switched parties when the Obama wave hit in 2008 like most politicians her views depend on which way the wind is blowing.

I doubt her position on abortion is like that.

Can't say but the more I learn about her the more I wonder just what her core beliefs are.

Just put up a flag and see which way the wind is blowing.

This is going to be fun.

The Wild West tradition of openly carrying your six-shooter on the street has long been banned in Texas under state law. But the next governor could change that.Rising Democratic star and gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has joined her top Republican rival in supporting a proposed “open carry” law. It would allow people with concealed handgun licenses to wear a pistol on their hip, in full view, while in public.
Davis has said she supports expanding gun rights in Texas. In a statement to The Associated Press, she said that includes open-carry — a position that puts her at odds with her own party but could keep her from alienating gun rights advocates in a deeply conservative state where the Second Amendment is sacrosanct.

Wendy Davis joins Greg Abbott in supporting ?open carry? gun law | Dallas Morning News

abortion barbie??

i think the rightwing should continue to say stupid things like that. you know, just to emphasize the disdain you all have for women.

i figure that should protect her funding.

so keep up the good work.

What was said about Sarah Palin and Susan Rice by the Left? Yeah, tell us about disdain.
Wendy Davis is rightly called Abortion Barbie. That's what she stands for.

I was under the impression that Texas allowed open carry? I recall Arizona definitely allowed open carry. This is very convenient, even for holders of CCW permits. In the summer, temperatures in Arizona can get very uncomfortable, especially with the dry heat. Wearing light clothing, makes it easier to open carry versus concealed carry.

You can open carry long guns here, and you can have a hand gun in your glove box. But for some dumb ass reason, Texas has been anti-hand gun since the civil war.

I was under the impression that Texas allowed open carry? I recall Arizona definitely allowed open carry. This is very convenient, even for holders of CCW permits. In the summer, temperatures in Arizona can get very uncomfortable, especially with the dry heat. Wearing light clothing, makes it easier to open carry versus concealed carry.

You can open carry long guns here, and you can have a hand gun in your glove box. But for some dumb ass reason, Texas has been anti-hand gun since the civil war.

that is weird

i would have guessed that they had open carry

that is weird

The police open carry, and I open carry on my ranch. But alas I have to put the gun in the glove box ( or saddle bags ) when I ride off the ranch. It's nutz.

That said, it's real easy to get a cc in TX. Just a 1 day class and your done.

that is weird

The police open carry, and I open carry on my ranch. But alas I have to put the gun in the glove box ( or saddle bags ) when I ride off the ranch. It's nutz.

That said, it's real easy to get a cc in TX. Just a 1 day class and your done.

thanks

That is strange. Here in liberal Washington open carry is legal, although I rarely see it. It's also a shall issue state.

That is strange. Here in liberal Washington open carry is legal, although I rarely see it. It's also a shall issue state.
Open carry legal in OH as well.
12 hour class for CCW, shall issue.

Carpet baggers.

Davis is just a placeholder. The Democrats know they can't win this race.

That's right, she's using the campaign as a launching point to further her political future, playing off the stunt she pulled earlier to keep her name national news.

This is going to be fun.

From outward appearances, what is the difference between an "open carry activist" and a mass murderer on his way to make history (in his crazy eyes)?

This is going to be fun.

From outward appearances, what is the difference between an "open carry activist" and a mass murderer on his way to make history (in his crazy eyes)?

That's a clown question, bro.

Forum List

Back