Wendy Davis joins Greg Abbott in supporting ‘open carry’ gun law

I was under the impression that Texas allowed open carry? I recall Arizona definitely allowed open carry. This is very convenient, even for holders of CCW permits. In the summer, temperatures in Arizona can get very uncomfortable, especially with the dry heat. Wearing light clothing, makes it easier to open carry versus concealed carry.

out here in South Dakota we have open carry

there is however another opinion on open carry

why do it

in a situation it may make you the first target

This is going to be fun.

The Wild West tradition of openly carrying your six-shooter on the street has long been banned in Texas under state law. But the next governor could change that.Rising Democratic star and gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has joined her top Republican rival in supporting a proposed “open carry” law. It would allow people with concealed handgun licenses to wear a pistol on their hip, in full view, while in public.
Davis has said she supports expanding gun rights in Texas. In a statement to The Associated Press, she said that includes open-carry — a position that puts her at odds with her own party but could keep her from alienating gun rights advocates in a deeply conservative state where the Second Amendment is sacrosanct.

Wendy Davis joins Greg Abbott in supporting ?open carry? gun law | Dallas Morning News

I predict that Abortion Barbie's left wing funding is about to evaporate.

abortion barbie??

i think the rightwing should continue to say stupid things like that. you know, just to emphasize the disdain you all have for women.

i figure that should protect her funding.

so keep up the good work.

Hold on just a cotton pickin' minute, jillian.

First, not supporting abortion does not automatically qualify us as having "disdain for women." It's quite odd you say that, given how liberals have disdain for women who don't share their viewpoints on abortion. You use the word "women" so inclusively.

Her attacks on Greg Abbott's paralysis have all but killed her funding. She has a disdain for paraplegic people, jillian! Where's the compassion?

Davis is not a Rightwinger. She is like every other politician. She takes any position that will win elections.

I was under the impression that Texas allowed open carry? I recall Arizona definitely allowed open carry. This is very convenient, even for holders of CCW permits. In the summer, temperatures in Arizona can get very uncomfortable, especially with the dry heat. Wearing light clothing, makes it easier to open carry versus concealed carry.

why do it

I agree, most of the time concealed carry is the most convenient option. However there are exceptions, like say I want to take my son target shooting in the Arizona desert in the dead of summer. I found open carry most suitable when engaging in outdoor activities, and where the risk of an aggressor is almost non existent. On the other hand, if heading to an indoor air conditioned office complex to conduct business, then concealed carry is most convenient for me.

What may not be known is until a few years ago Davis was a republican but switched parties when the Obama wave hit in 2008 like most politicians her views depend on which way the wind is blowing.

This is going to be fun.

The Wild West tradition of openly carrying your six-shooter on the street has long been banned in Texas under state law. But the next governor could change that.Rising Democratic star and gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has joined her top Republican rival in supporting a proposed “open carry” law. It would allow people with concealed handgun licenses to wear a pistol on their hip, in full view, while in public.
Davis has said she supports expanding gun rights in Texas. In a statement to The Associated Press, she said that includes open-carry — a position that puts her at odds with her own party but could keep her from alienating gun rights advocates in a deeply conservative state where the Second Amendment is sacrosanct.

Wendy Davis joins Greg Abbott in supporting ?open carry? gun law | Dallas Morning News

While I support abortion . Open carry is far more important. See my signature.

We have legal open carry up here in Wisconsin, and it's a far more liberal state than Texas.

What the hell is their problem?

why do it

I agree, most of the time concealed carry is the most convenient option. However there are exceptions, like say I want to take my son target shooting in the Arizona desert in the dead of summer. I found open carry most suitable when engaging in outdoor activities, and where the risk of an aggressor is almost non existent. On the other hand, if heading to an indoor air conditioned office complex to conduct business, then concealed carry is most convenient for me.

yeah we do that out here to while out hunting and and shooting and such

What may not be known is until a few years ago Davis was a republican but switched parties when the Obama wave hit in 2008 like most politicians her views depend on which way the wind is blowing.

I doubt her position on abortion is like that.

The Left smears Sarah Palin for stepping down as Governor yet celebrates Wendy Davis for quitting being a Mother. This might resonate in Elizabeth Warren Circles but will fall way short in Texas.

Hell the left hands out merit badges for that.

I doubt her position on abortion is like that.

Can't say but the more I learn about her the more I wonder just what her core beliefs are.

This is going to be fun.

While I support abortion . Open carry is far more important. See my signature.

We have legal open carry up here in Wisconsin, and it's a far more liberal state than Texas.

What the hell is their problem?

Congrats bro'.

But its too fucking cold up yonder.

I shall wait a while - I guess I will CCW for the time being.

Last edited:
This is going to be fun.

abortion barbie??

i think the rightwing should continue to say stupid things like that. you know, just to emphasize the disdain you all have for women.

Oh look! The Liar is here!
Taking time off from cleaning the stalls at the courthouse?

This is going to be fun.

abortion barbie??

If you oppose abortion you hate women?

That is interesting, that would presume all women get abortions. It could also presume there are no female fetuses getting aborted.

That is a lame argument on your part. I actually support abortion rights, but you are a fool.

This is going to be fun.

I think you're forgetting something: This is Texas we're talking about. Texas Democrats are not like Democrats in the rest of the country. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many Democrats in Texas who have a problem with this.

Forum List

Back