We're Doomed! Bacon Supplies at 50 Year LOW!!!!!

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Feb 12, 2007
Quelle Horreur!!!!! I'm going to buy a giant freezer and start hoarding BACON!

U.S. bacon reserves have hit a 50 year low. The non-profit Ohio Pork Council said that demand for frozen pork belly, often made into bacon, has far outpaced supply, USA Today reports. “Today’s pig farmers are setting historic records by producing more pigs than ever. Yet our reserves are still depleting,” said Rich Deaton, the group's president.

With low reserve levels, prices have increased; the cost of pork belly rose by 20% in January, according to the council. Officials said that increased foreign demand might also be responsible, however, as hog farmers export around 26% of their total product according to the group....

Americans Are Eating So Much Bacon That Reserves Are at a 50-Year Low

U.S. bacon reserves have hit a 50 year low. The non-profit Ohio Pork Council said that demand for frozen pork belly, often made into bacon, has far outpaced supply, USA Today reports. “Today’s pig farmers are setting historic records by producing more pigs than ever. Yet our reserves are still depleting,” said Rich Deaton, the group's president.

With low reserve levels, prices have increased; the cost of pork belly rose by 20% in January, according to the council. Officials said that increased foreign demand might also be responsible, however, as hog farmers export around 26% of their total product according to the group....

Whew

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/business/bacon-shortage.html

Whew

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/business/bacon-shortage.html

NYT is FAKE NEWS!!!!!

We're doomed I tell ya! Buy Bacon NOW, but wait until I stock up my freezer first.

20 cases of canned bacon in my shelter ...

fs_b050_yoders_canned_bacon__1.jpg

War is the answer! Finally... something worth fighting for! Bacon... It's the new "oil".

What an excellent idea. My shelter is full of cases of wine...I keep forgetting to add a corkscrew. So, to update the Bomb Shelter Shopping List:

1. Corkscrew
2. Back up corkscrew in case the first one breaks.
3. 4 cases of canned BACON

I suppose I should add some dark chocolate as well. I wonder if one can get decent freeze dried dark chocolate.

War is the answer! Finally... something worth fighting for! Bacon... It's the new "oil".

Well sadly, there aren't many porcines in the Middle East...BUT, pork is Very Very popular in China.

What an excellent idea. My shelter is full of cases of wine...I keep forgetting to add a corkscrew. So, to update the Bomb Shelter Shopping List:

1. Corkscrew

I suppose I should add some dark chocolate as well. I wonder if one can get decent freeze dried dark chocolate.

Rolling papers?

1. Corkscrew

Rolling papers?

Not for me or mine...no smokey weedy.

Forum List

Back