*Dozen Eggs: $4.50 Dollar General*

Sorry bout that,

1. Well I've never seen eggs cost that much, I had to start a thread.
2. On the way to the auto repair shop I stopped at the store, grabbed a cart did some shopping.
3. And as I did I came up to the eggs, which were $4.50 cents a dozen.
4. Its highway robbery.
5. I want to say that the store is charging too much.
6. Its criminal.
7. How does this grab you?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Last week both eggs and milk had gone down in price here. Today when I went to Walmart ,Albertsons and Smiths. It’s back up to 3.52 from 2.49 a dozen for eggs and 2.29 up from 1.79 for a half gallon of milk. Another thing that is stupid expensive is bottled water. I remember buying a 24 pk for .99/1.99 at most. Now it’s 3.50 to 4.00. And I usually think I’m getting a huge deal when I find it for 2.99. Crazy.

Except for a quarter here and there, wages have not kept pace with inflation. Most American families have lost thousands in buying power. Under Trump most American families gained thousands in buying power.
This provides a very complex, nuanced view of the matter. No doubt you either won't read it or won't understand it.

I had a small flock of chickens that gave more eggs than my wife and I could eat but that was OK. We had to buy chicken feed but that was the only expense. One day I found a very large black snake curled up in the nesting area. It had an egg half way down it's throat and looked for all the world like a cobra. I could hear the crackling sound as the egg broke apart. I didn't mind sharing eggs with a black snake as long as it kept the rodent population in check.

When I read that part, my brain went, "How many eggs does your wife give?"!

Last week both eggs and milk had gone down in price here. Today when I went to Walmart ,Albertsons and Smiths. It’s back up to 3.52 from 2.49 a dozen for eggs and 2.29 up from 1.79 for a half gallon of milk. Another thing that is stupid expensive is bottled water. I remember buying a 24 pk for .99/1.99 at most. Now it’s 3.50 to 4.00. And I usually think I’m getting a huge deal when I find it for 2.99. Crazy.
Can't you drink American tap water? We can here in London but wife insists on buying bottled. I like the sparkling best.

Except for a quarter here and there, wages have not kept pace with inflation. Most American families have lost thousands in buying power. Under Trump most American families gained thousands in buying power.
Well of course they have BECAUSE HE WAS RUNNING TRILLIONS IN DEFECITS AND SENDING EVERYONE GOV CHECKS during the same recession that killed demand and jobs in 2020 and then ultimately led to explosion in inflation globally.

If we take a look at inflation adjusted Median Household Income without 2020 volatility the numbers are in fact better today than before the pandemic, because wage growth has been out-pacing inflation for 18 months now.

motio_medianhhincome_mar24a.png

Last edited:
Even the Democrat controlled media had to agree that more than 800,000 new jobs claimed by the Biden administration never existed.

As for that 2.9% inflation?

If you gain 50 pounds in year one you are horrified.
Year two you gain only 35 pounds. Better but still terrible.
Year three you gain only 12 pounds. Still improving but not satisfactory.
Year four you gain only 3 pounds. See? Not too bad.
But you still weigh 100 pounds more than you did before year one.
Economy doesn't work like that. Unlike your body, country risks a deflation spiral that is volatile and hard to manage.

Thats why US Fed has 2% inflation target.

Interesting thread. Food prices there seem higher than here in UK. We get 10 large eggs in Iceland for £1.99 which is 1.67 dollars. Those are the cheapest I can find. Don't buy Free Range or Organic.

We get items reduced to 25% of the price with the use by date at 6pm. Must save hundreds or thousands in a year. Minced beef, chicken, pork, ready meals, deli. Fruit and veg. Can be frozen. or eaten in the next 2 or 3 days.

Sorry bout that,

1. Well I've never seen eggs cost that much, I had to start a thread.
2. On the way to the auto repair shop I stopped at the store, grabbed a cart did some shopping.
3. And as I did I came up to the eggs, which were $4.50 cents a dozen.
4. Its highway robbery.
5. I want to say that the store is charging too much.
6. Its criminal.
7. How does this grab you?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
I remember back in 2006 when I was five, the price of eggs was around $1.50 per dozen.

Economy doesn't work like that. Unlike your body, country risks a deflation spiral that is volatile and hard to manage.

Thats why US Fed has 2% inflation target.
The Fed cannot manage the economy any more than the government can. Both can and do make things worse and the proper policies can allow an economy to thrive or stifle it. Both the Fed and this government we have now have stifled it.

Well of course they have BECAUSE HE WAS RUNNING TRILLIONS IN DEFECITS AND SENDING EVERYONE GOV CHECKS during the same recession that killed demand and jobs in 2020 and then ultimately led to explosion in inflation globally.

If we take a look at inflation adjusted Median Household Income without 2020 volatility the numbers are in fact better today than before the pandemic, because wage growth has been out-pacing inflation for 18 months now.

motio_medianhhincome_mar24a.png
When the government orders the economy shut down re recommendations of so-called medical experts due to a pandemic, that government issues people money to buy food and keep their businesses afloat or everything collapses and millions starve. Trump was urging everybody to open back up months and months and months before foolish governors were willing to do so. The rescue money in the Trump administration would have been far less if the Democrats hadn't demanded mega billions added to it in pork that benefitted nobody but Democrats. Trump was not willing to allow people to starve by vetoing that legislation.

If he had a Republican Congress during the first year of the Pandemic he would be President now, we would not have had near the damage done due to selfish Democrat policies/expenditures and everybody would be infinitely better off now.

This provides a very complex, nuanced view of the matter. No doubt you either won't read it or won't understand it.

I am not interested in wages but only in the difference between a rise in wages and the costs we pay. You don't have to be an economist to know that your paycheck doesn't buy anywhere near as much as it did four years ago.

Apparently, you have no idea how long it takes for what will likely be a 0.50% cut at best to have an affect on the economy. Nor do you have a clue as to the length of time it would take to declare the economy to be in recession given that the election is only a little more than 2 months away.
The Fed is data dependent so the tipping point for them was been a long time coming. A combination of lower CPI and PPI numbers as well as slowing job growth.

Now, answer my question as to why you blame Biden for the global, post COVID inflation experienced by about every country in the world.
I don't blame Biden for the post COVID inflation. I blame Biden fully for insane policies that have made that inflation far far worse than it had to be.

Forum List

Back