*Dozen Eggs: $4.50 Dollar General*

How much more are you making today?

Or does that not enter into your affordability equation?
Except for a quarter here and there, wages have not kept pace with inflation. Most American families have lost thousands in buying power. Under Trump most American families gained thousands in buying power.

Most of it was - took longer than economists forecasted but it is 2.9% inflation now down from 9%.

Hey bullshit peddler, American economy adding jobs while a Democrat is in office is not evidence that BLS numbers were somehow manipulated by the administration.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, prices are over 20% more than when Biden took office. So, I guess it wasn't transitory after all.

Most of it was - took longer than economists forecasted but it is 2.9% inflation now down from 9%.

Hey bullshit peddler, American economy adding jobs while a Democrat is in office is not evidence that BLS numbers were somehow manipulated by the administration.
Even the Democrat controlled media had to agree that more than 800,000 new jobs claimed by the Biden administration never existed.

As for that 2.9% inflation?

If you gain 50 pounds in year one you are horrified.
Year two you gain only 35 pounds. Better but still terrible.
Year three you gain only 12 pounds. Still improving but not satisfactory.
Year four you gain only 3 pounds. See? Not too bad.
But you still weigh 100 pounds more than you did before year one.

BTW, do you have that scam in America where you bye, say, a sugar package or whatever you call that at a lower than the usual price and rejoice at the fact for a moment only a little later to find that it weighs 20% lower than before as well?
Yep. Many products have been downsized to keep the price from them a bit lower. So we're paying a lot more but getting less.

Sorry bout that,

1. Well I've never seen eggs cost that much, I had to start a thread.
2. On the way to the auto repair shop I stopped at the store, grabbed a cart did some shopping.
3. And as I did I came up to the eggs, which were $4.50 cents a dozen.
4. Its highway robbery.
5. I want to say that the store is charging too much.
6. Its criminal.
7. How does this grab you?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

$4.50 a dozen for eggs is CHEAP compared to the rest of the first world. Chickens lay an egg on average, every 36 hours, so the farmer has to feed 12 chickens for 3 days to produce 2 dozen eggs. Then he has to put the eggs in cartons:

And drive them to market, where he/she will be paid approximately $2.25 a dozen for the eggs.

The USA has the cheapest food in the first world, in large part, because so much of your food production and processing uses cheap undocumented labour.

Once employers stopped hiring undocumented workers, food prices started rising. Imagine that!!! Cheap undocument labour is keeping your food prices low. Who have thunk that???? Every economist in the world has been warning you Republicans clowns about this for YEARS.

Price of food is not skyrocketing as per national statistics. July 2024 food prices were 2.2% higher than in July 2023.

Fed will be cutting interest rate soon because that we are now approaching desired rate of inflation.

Politico anecdotes are skyrocketing.
I do not trust the government or Politico to give us correct information about much of anything when I can see the prices with my own eyes. It is little comfort to me that lettuce and bread are going up in price a little slower now than they were before but they're still going up.

And I bet you think that is an argument when ALL the mainstream media is admitting the administration claimed more than 800,000 new jobs that we now know never existed.

Trump needs to deport 15,000,000 migrants and that loss of "demand" for food should lower prices.

Under democrats Biden and Kamala migrants get free food, and the rest of us pay thru the nose.

Fuck them.

Even the Democrat controlled media had to agree that more than 800,000 new jobs claimed by the Biden administration never existed.

Please stop parroting the lies of the Republican media. The analogy is false to begin with. Inflation is not like weight gain. It's not even an "apples to oranges" comparison. Comparing economics to your diet is like comparing cows to trees.

During inflationary times, both income and the value of assets increases. For example, my income has increased by a total of 53% since 2019, which more than offsets the increased costs of inflation.

Additionally, increases in the value of stock portfolios and property values for home owners and investors, has MORE than offset the inflation increases in the costs of food and other basics. The Dow Jones was $28,538.44 on December 31, 2019. Today it's $41,175.08. As it happens, that's also a 53% increase since 2019.

Average home values in 2019 $383,000. Average home values in 2024 $412,300. That's only a 7.6% increase, but the interest rates are bringing home prices down.

The only help is to organize fast food workers to increase wages for low wage employees, which Republicans refuse to support, and income supports for low income families, like a Child Tax Credit for low income families which Republicans refuse to support. And school lunch and breakfast programs in low income areas, which Republicans refuse to support. And a guaranteed income for retired seniors, which Republicans refuse to support.

Sorry bout that,

2. On the way to the auto repair shop I stopped at the store, grabbed a cart did some shopping.
4. Its highway robbery.
6. Its criminal.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Don't buy food at Dollar General.

Can't wait to know of what's gonna happen to the poor sucker in season five. :D

Sorry bout that,

4. Its highway robbery.
6. Its criminal.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
This has EVERYTHING to do with Farm Credit board of Directors. Inflation is also a part of this but mostly Farm Credit.

A simple Google search will tell you all you need to know. And the data on who holds the biggest loans.

Find a ranch and buy fresh eggs... I get fresh eggs for $5 a dozen.... best eggs ever... the yoke is so orange it turns everything on your plate orange....

I had a small flock of chickens that gave more eggs than my wife and I could eat but that was OK. We had to buy chicken feed but that was the only expense. One day I found a very large black snake curled up in the nesting area. It had an egg half way down it's throat and looked for all the world like a cobra. I could hear the crackling sound as the egg broke apart. I didn't mind sharing eggs with a black snake as long as it kept the rodent population in check.

IMO if the Fed cuts rates in September--that is not yet a given--it will be to stave off a recession at least until the election is over. They weren't going to cut rates until the administration had to admit they cooked the books on new jobs and didn't add nearly as many as first claimed including shedding more than 100,000 manufacturing jobs indicating we are heading for recession.
Apparently, you have no idea how long it takes for what will likely be a 0.50% cut at best to have an affect on the economy. Nor do you have a clue as to the length of time it would take to declare the economy to be in recession given that the election is only a little more than 2 months away.
The Fed is data dependent so the tipping point for them was been a long time coming. A combination of lower CPI and PPI numbers as well as slowing job growth.

Now, answer my question as to why you blame Biden for the global, post COVID inflation experienced by about every country in the world.

Forum List

Back