*Dozen Eggs: $4.50 Dollar General*

We didn't need eggs this week, but last week (August 15th) we picked up a cartoon of 18 at Fry's (Kroger) for $2.99.

View attachment 1000865

Hopefully the price drops by Wednesday September 4th. The first Wednesday of each month is Senior Citizens day when they take 10% off for us 55+ year-old geezers.

I recall a while during COVID when eggs weren't much available, and what they had were extremely costly. We bypassed them as a matter of principle.
I recently found out that Albertsons also has a senior discount on the first Wed of the month. I didn’t know Smiths ( Kroger ) did too. Interesting.

Every day, I thank God (or whatever’s out there) that I don’t have to worry about this stuff.

I work with steel and it seems all our steel comes from asia or europe

We need Trump to rebuild our steel industry
Government can't rebuild anything actually at least in a free market capitalist economy with government limited by a Constitution that gives most of the power to the people. But what he was doing and would still be doing now if re-elected is get government out of the way and make it economically attractive and possible to make steel and lots and lots of other things in the USA again.

But you're right. The USA gets more than 90% of its steel from
  1. Canada (24.2%)
  2. Brazil (17.5%)
  3. Mexico (14.3%)
  4. China (26.9% of U.S. imported items made from iron/steel)
  5. Taiwan (8.6%)
And it is obvious how dependent we are on China for so many things critical to our lives and livelihoods. Trump policy is to put the power back with the USA. Biden and Kamala pretty much even talk about that never. We desperately need to get Trump back in the White House where he can't get it all done in four years but he can sure get the ball rolling in the right direction. Then if we have the good sense to elect his successor who supports those policies for another eight years we can pretty much turn things around.

Last edited:
Government can't rebuild anything actually at least in a free market capitalist economy with government limited by a Constitution that gives most of the power to the people. But what he was doing and would still be doing now if re-elected is get government out of the way and make it economically attractive and possible to make steel and lots and lots of other things in New Mexico again.

1. Canada (24.2%)
  2. Brazil (17.5%)
  3. Mexico (14.3%)
  5. Taiwan (8.6%)
And it is obvious how dependent we are on China for so many things critical to our lives and livelihoods. Trump policy is to put the power back with the USA. Biden and Kamala pretty much even talk about that never. We desperately need to get Trump back in the White House where he can't get it all done in four years but he can sure get the ball rolling in the right direction. Then if we have the good sense to elect his successor who supports those policies for another eight years we can pretty much turn things around.
It's a YUGE mistake to depend on China for these things. Will they sell these products to us when we go to war with them?

Government can't rebuild anything actually at least in a free market capitalist economy with government limited by a Constitution that gives most of the power to the people. But what he was doing and would still be doing now if re-elected is get government out of the way and make it economically attractive and possible to make steel and lots and lots of other things in New Mexico again.

1. Canada (24.2%)
  2. Brazil (17.5%)
  3. Mexico (14.3%)
  5. Taiwan (8.6%)
I am inspecting high quality steel that came from Italy. This steel will be used in the first Fusion reactor being built by Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and MIT. The parts I am inspecting are going to be the worlds most powetful magnet.

Lots of steel comes from Spain as well. But I guess I am talking about steel already formed into parts and components. These other countries could get the raw material from china

It's a YUGE mistake to depend on China for these things. Will they sell these products to us when we go to war with them?
No they won't but they do need us as a customer which is somewhat a deterrent for war. But if they think the USA is weak--and they do right now--backed by Russia, Iran, and North Korea--they might very well make a move to own the USA outright.

But it isn't good for the USA to not make anything and look to other countries who may or may not have our best interests at heart to make everything for us.

I am inspecting high quality steel that came from Italy. This steel will be used in the first Fusion reactor being built by Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and MIT. The parts I am inspecting are going to be the worlds most powetful magnet.

Lots of steel comes from Spain as well. But I guess I am talking about steel already formed into parts and components. These other countries could get the raw material from china
I believe the five countries with the world's largest iron ore reserves are Australia, Russia, China, the Ukraine and maybe Brazil? Canada has more than we have so far as we know too. But we do have rich iron ores and I think we are capable of producing most or all of our steel now--most steel products these days are from recycled steel so I've read--but over regulation and other government policies/laws make it attractive to buy from other countries who can make it much more cheaply than we can. Trump believes in policies that make it attractive to make things in America which creates more good jobs, spurs the economy and in turn increases the options, choices, opportunities, and prosperity for Americans.

Forum List

Back