Westboro is DIRECLY Disturbing the Peace

AntiParty

Tea is the new Kool-Aid
Mar 12, 2014
Look, I'm not directly passionate about Westboro. But I know there has to be a low to stop their activity.

Westboro is a "Church" lead by a family of Lawyers. Lawyers are the 1% but I digress.....

Westboro Baptist are showing up to the funerals of Soldiers and saying that it was gods will because if his/her decision.

Westboro is kind of [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w35M8ViyNs]Westboro Baptist Church Get Really Pissed Off by Brick Stone - YouTube[/ame]

I openly think that I am wrong, but I'm an open minder and like to think beyond.

WHY is Westboro not picked up for Disturbing The Peace. The generalization of the law is "Disturbing the tranquility of others" yet somehow Westboro can disturb a family in their most tranquil moments, death.

It's because, like scientologists, they use the law as a weapon against anyone who trys to stop them going about their nefarious business. Any cop going in there and busting them is going to end up in court til the day he retires with spurious lawsuit after spurious lawsuit and so cop cheifs order their men to stay away as tghey don't need the hassle. At least that's always what I had assumed was the case.

What I do find a credit to the discipline to our armed forces is that of all of those men who are trained to kill and mouring a comrade who died in the line of duty yet not one of them has taken it upon himself to intruduce a number of them to God personally so he can tell them what his stance on "Fags" is personally.

Sure. Westboro is a family of 1% Lawyers convincing people to be idiots so they can profit. (there is a bigger message here) The story of America today.

My perspective/question and I was not clear about this before, is why can't Westboro idiots be arrested for Disturbing the peace? Disturbing the tranquility of others is exactly what Westboro does.

Look, I'm not directly passionate about Westboro. But I know there has to be a low to stop their activity.

Westboro is a "Church" lead by a family of Lawyers. Lawyers are the 1% but I digress.....

Westboro Baptist are showing up to the funerals of Soldiers and saying that it was gods will because if his/her decision.

Westboro is kind of Westboro Baptist Church Get Really Pissed Off by Brick Stone - YouTube

I openly think that I am wrong, but I'm an open minder and like to think beyond.

WHY is Westboro not picked up for Disturbing The Peace. The generalization of the law is "Disturbing the tranquility of others" yet somehow Westboro can disturb a family in their most tranquil moments, death.

Which is good considering the fact you are.

Their protests are not subject to charges of ‘disturbing the peace’ because they comport with First Amendment jurisprudence; think what you will of WBC, but they do know the law.

It's because, like scientologists, they use the law as a weapon against anyone who trys to stop them going about their nefarious business. Any cop going in there and busting them is going to end up in court til the day he retires with spurious lawsuit after spurious lawsuit and so cop cheifs order their men to stay away as tghey don't need the hassle. At least that's always what I had assumed was the case.

What I do find a credit to the discipline to our armed forces is that of all of those men who are trained to kill and mouring a comrade who died in the line of duty yet not one of them has taken it upon himself to intruduce a number of them to God personally so he can tell them what his stance on "Fags" is personally.

Exercising one’s First Amendment right is not ‘nefarious business,’ nor does First Amendment jurisprudence prohibiting the state from violating the Church’s right to free expression constitute a ‘weapon.’

They seek to provoke you, and succeed when you take the bait, as you’ve demonstrated with your post.

Westboro is kind of Westboro Baptist Church Get Really Pissed Off by Brick Stone - YouTube

I'll read your response tomorrow if you have one. I doubt you will.
Which is good considering the fact you are.

Their protests are not subject to charges of ‘disturbing the peace’ because they comport with First Amendment jurisprudence; think what you will of WBC, but they do know the law.

Again.....................I KNOW they know law because their entire church is based on law.

I understand freedom of speech yet I also understand Disturbing the peace (disturbing the tranquility of others)

Maybe you can be more specific why these laws clash. Most humans would tend to recognize that you can hold signs up to follow the bible and not do it while disturbing the tranquility of the families at a funeral.

Care to get more brainy?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back