Wettest City in the USA, Gasquet California! Ignored! No Drought!

Dumb button.

Obviously 39 Million people can't get all the water they need from Gasquet :rolleyes:
Last I heard, not one person is thirsty in California, so obviously they are getting all the water they need. Yo are correct if you are simply stating that not all the water comes from Gasquet.

39 Million people, interesting, personally only account for 10% of water consumption, the rest goes to industry and agriculture. Seems the people of California are well quenched.

Of course we aren't going thirsty.

That doesn't mean that we have enough water. Most of our water does go to agriculture- there just isn't enough water for all of agriculture and all of our people.

Our reservoirs got topped off- which is good- but our ground water table has fallen precipitously.

People's wells in the Valley are going dry- they don't go thirsty because they buy water.

2015 Gasquet Complex Fire - Del Norte County, California

Date of origin:
July 31, 2015
Total Area Burned:
122.9 km²

2015 Gasquet Complex Fire - Del Norte County, California

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5, 2015
GASQUET COMPLEX Multiple Lightning Fires in the Six Rivers N.F. Gasquet Ranger District.

GASQUET COMPLEX WILDFIRES CA-SRF-001488 SIX RIVERS N.F. GASQUET RANGER DISTRICT.
Multiple lightning ignited fires in the Gasquet Ranger District.
The fire is burning in Siskyou wilderness with the potential for damage to cultural resources in the area.
Updates as available:

08/09/2015 0800: 2162 Acres 5%, Firefighter safety is a concern due to steep rugged terrain and long distances between fires. The incident involves multiple tactical operations including direct/indirect fireline construction, heavy equipment use, tree felling and firing operations. Steep terrain and heavy fuels make fireline construction very slow. Driving hazards includes smoke, narrow roads, and a high volume of traffic on Highway 199 making it hazardous to emergency equipment and personel. Potential smoke impacts the the surrounding communities. Roll out and spotting across control lines.

08/08/2015 0800: 1,702 Acres 0 %, Potential smoke impact to the surrounding communities, High traffic use on U.S. Highway 199. Roll out from fire activity above control lines. Threats to Cultural Resources, Bear Basin Lookout, Communication sites for Forest Service, California Highway Patrol, Local Communities, Micro Wavelinks and Private inholdings within the SRF.

08/05/2015 0800: 910 Acres 2%, Potential smoke impact to the surrounding communities, High traffic use on U.S. Highway 199. Roll out from fire activity above control lines. Impacts 12 hours: Threats to Bear Basin Lookout, Communication sites for Forest Service, California Highway Patrol, Local Communities, Micro Wave links and Private in holdings with in the SRF.

IA Start: 08/03/2015 1800
IA IC: Dave Kelly, SoCal Team 2 Del Norte, Managing multiple lightning ignited fires
Concerns/Problems: Threats to Bear Basin Lookout, Communication sites for Forest Service, California Highway Patrol, Local Communities, Micro Wave links and Private in holdings with in the SRF
Fuel Model: Timber (Litter and Understory) Timber understory and liter remain the primary carriers. Large diameter dead and down still not consuming well. Live fuel only consuming when intensities are raised during uphill runs.

CFN - CALIFORNIA FIRE NEWS - CAL FIRE NEWS : GASQUET COMPLEX Multiple Lightning Fires in the Six Rivers N.F. Gasquet Ranger District.

Poor dumb Elektra, trying to state that the Gasquet Complex was only a section in size. That area was primed for wildfires in 2015, and is the same for 2016. In spite of really retarded posters on this board.

"Death Valley"? "Why is it called that, I'm standing in it and I don't see any 'death'."

"Endangered Condors"? "I don't see any endangered condors!" (paruhmbumpbump)

"Out of control wildfires"? "I'm standing in the middle of California and I don't see any fires!"

Damn lib'ruls.

Dumb button.

Obviously 39 Million people can't get all the water they need from Gasquet :rolleyes:
Last I heard, not one person is thirsty in California, so obviously they are getting all the water they need. Yo are correct if you are simply stating that not all the water comes from Gasquet.

39 Million people, interesting, personally only account for 10% of water consumption, the rest goes to industry and agriculture. Seems the people of California are well quenched.

Of course we aren't going thirsty.

That doesn't mean that we have enough water. Most of our water does go to agriculture- there just isn't enough water for all of agriculture and all of our people.

Our reservoirs got topped off- which is good- but our ground water table has fallen precipitously.

People's wells in the Valley are going dry- they don't go thirsty because they buy water.
Well's have gone dry because the politicians diverted the water from Agriculture, to the Sea, that is fact, and that started over 6 years ago, diverting the water from farmers forced them to use more ground water. Of course the government did not need to allow permits, to pump more ground water, so again, this is politics, nothing more.

When the agriculture you speak of is, grapes for wine, and nuts to eat with beer, you are speaking of agriculture that is not needed, agriculture for frivolous drinking and snacking. Thus far, wine production has increased, and nuts are plentiful. Neither being staples we can not live without.

Funny, how we have water for wine and nuts, table grapes, for the Delta Smelt, to build Solar Farms and wash our cars.

While the example of Gasquet does not a sound argument make, let me answer the question; is California in a drought? By the historic record we are. The 20th Century was an unusually wet century.

But record keeping only goes back 165 years. Natural evidence (tree rings, sediment, etc) indicate that the region had much worse droughts during the last 1,000 years. So this relatively minor drought isn't a good piece of evidence for AGW

California drought: Past dry periods have lasted more than 200 years, scientists say
I think Gasquet is the beginning of a very sound argument. It is completely ignored, not one person would guess or has stated that he wettest place in the USA is in California, why is that? It is simple, the California climate is being used for reasons of propaganda.

Further, I link to much more than Gasquet, which paints a very different picture. Gasquet is very sound, a great place to start, don't you think?

http://www.cnrfc.noaa.gov/monthly_precip.php

View attachment 79507

Gasquet (pronounced gasgee or gaskee) is a microclimate within a microclimate. Onshore clouds are raked for moisture as they hit the mountains. It's not representative of the wider issue.
The main factor has been a high pressure ridge off the California coast that shields storms from making landfall. Storms are funnelled northward and cross the continent thru NorCal, Oregon, WA, but mostly thru Canada.
This past winter the pressure ridge weakened and allowed some atmospheric rivers to pour into Central and Southern California. This year was normal, by historical record standards.
I understand what and where Gasquet is, I use it to make a very good point, water is politics and power, propaganda. I have listed much more than Gasquet in my thread, many areas well above average. Most stations reporting above average rainfall.

So, like I said, Gasquet is a very good place to begin a discussion on water and drought, especially considering the areas that are very wet in California are ignored.

What other areas in California are 'very wet'?

Eureka?

Gasquet is an anomaly in California.
NO, it is not. Correct me if you can but according to NOAA, Eureka is fine, hence Gasquet is not an anomaly. 123%, a significant amount above average.

Monthly Precipitation Summary Water Year 2016

Updated: Sun Jun 26 03:00:01 2016
Screenshot from 2016-06-26 18-12-33.png

Poor dumb Elektra, trying to state that the Gasquet Complex was only a section in size. That area was primed for wildfires in 2015, and is the same for 2016. In spite of really retarded posters on this board.
I used your source, Old Crock, Old Crock, your sources are not factual? From your source Old Crock, explain how you got it wrong, and then tried to cover your ass from a BLOG!

Gasquet Complex General Information

which includes this link from the above linked by old crock; Six Rivers National Forest - News & Events
Gasquet Complex Incident Information:
Last Updated: August 4, 2015 9:00 am FINAL
Date/Time Started: July 31, 2015 9:00 pm
Administrative Unit: USFS - Six Rivers National Forest
County: Del Norte County
Estimated - Containment: 30,361 acres - 100% contained
***This is not a CAL FIRE incident. Check the link above for more information from the US Forest Service.***

Gasquet Complex – Gasquet Ranger District:There are 9 active fires. The Go Fire was contained at 0.2 acres. The Divide Fire was contained at 3 acres. The Bear Fire has burned 150 acres and is 20 percent contained. Because the fire moved closer to the Bear Basin Butte Lookout and Pierson Cabin, it was closed and the occupants were evacuated. The Paw Fire has burned 30 acres in the Siskiyou Wilderness and is 20 percent contained. The Coon Fire has burned 200 acres and is 20 percent contained. The Peak Fire is at 85 acres, the Summit Fire is at 0.5 acres, the Williams Fire is at 100 acres, and the Feeder Fire is at 80 acres. The fires are now being managed by Southern California Interagency Incident Management Team (IMT) 2 with Don Garwood as incident commander. Their incident command post (ICP) is at the Mountain Middle School, in Gasquet.

"Death Valley"? "Why is it called that, I'm standing in it and I don't see any 'death'."

"Endangered Condors"? "I don't see any endangered condors!" (paruhmbumpbump)

"Out of control wildfires"? "I'm standing in the middle of California and I don't see any fires!"

Damn lib'ruls.

Clearly Death Valley proves California has barely any rain ever!

While the example of Gasquet does not a sound argument make, let me answer the question; is California in a drought? By the historic record we are. The 20th Century was an unusually wet century.

But record keeping only goes back 165 years. Natural evidence (tree rings, sediment, etc) indicate that the region had much worse droughts during the last 1,000 years. So this relatively minor drought isn't a good piece of evidence for AGW

California drought: Past dry periods have lasted more than 200 years, scientists say
I think Gasquet is the beginning of a very sound argument. It is completely ignored, not one person would guess or has stated that he wettest place in the USA is in California, why is that? It is simple, the California climate is being used for reasons of propaganda.

Further, I link to much more than Gasquet, which paints a very different picture. Gasquet is very sound, a great place to start, don't you think?

View attachment 79507

Gasquet (pronounced gasgee or gaskee) is a microclimate within a microclimate. Onshore clouds are raked for moisture as they hit the mountains. It's not representative of the wider issue.
The main factor has been a high pressure ridge off the California coast that shields storms from making landfall. Storms are funnelled northward and cross the continent thru NorCal, Oregon, WA, but mostly thru Canada.
This past winter the pressure ridge weakened and allowed some atmospheric rivers to pour into Central and Southern California. This year was normal, by historical record standards.
I understand what and where Gasquet is, I use it to make a very good point, water is politics and power, propaganda. I have listed much more than Gasquet in my thread, many areas well above average. Most stations reporting above average rainfall.

So, like I said, Gasquet is a very good place to begin a discussion on water and drought, especially considering the areas that are very wet in California are ignored.

What other areas in California are 'very wet'?

Eureka?

Gasquet is an anomaly in California.
NO, it is not. Correct me if you can but according to NOAA, Eureka is fine, hence Gasquet is not an anomaly. 123%, a significant amount above average.
]

LOL- and you pretend you have lived in California?

Eureka and Gasquet are both on the coast- and yes compared to most of California they are both anomalies.

If you live in Eureka, you live with lots of rain and fog.

If you live in San Francisco you live with lots of fog- and not much rain.

If you live in LA, you live without much rain and not much fog.

Well, without looking at the numbers I would say again that the winter of 2015/16 was rather normal. We got a good snowpack in the mountains and we got some good rains. It's just that the last few years were so dry that one normal year wont get us out of the drought classification.

I read somewhere that the average Californian uses 150 gallons of water a day. Seems like a lot until you consider landscaping, toilet, shower, laundry, car washing, dishes and all the rest.

Well, without looking at the numbers I would say again that the winter of 2015/16 was rather normal. We got a good snowpack in the mountains and we got some good rains. It's just that the last few years were so dry that one normal year wont get us out of the drought classification.
You are right, rain alone will not change how the government dictates our status as in a drought, the only thing that will save us from drought is politicians.

Eureka and Gasquet are both on the coast- and yes compared to most of California they are both anomalies.

Actually, you get a lot of fog in LA, it is called the Marine Layer, and you claim you live in California?

There are 20 "anomalies", in the post you responded to, why do you describe it as 2? Within the link there are over 150 "anomalies", or over 95% of stations that reported precipitation totals.

too much water.png

Here is a map of
California by average rainfall
The purple- Gasquet and Eureka are in two counties of California- less than 3% of the state- the almost no rain? About 35% of the state.

The blue parts is where most of Northern California's and much of Southern California's water comes from- most of it mountains, with dams and rivers or canals bringing water to cities and agriculture.

Yes- by any measurement Gasquet is an anomaly in California

Death Valley is less of an anomaly than Gasaquet is.

california-precipitation-map2.gif

You are right, rain alone will not change how the government dictates our status as in a drought, the only thing that will save us from drought is politicians.

Politicians don't change the amount of water that falls or the amount of snow fall.

Actually, you get a lot of fog in LA, it is called the Marine Layer, and you claim you live in California?H]

Actually the amount of fog you get in LA is pretty low compared to what we get in Northern California.

You do get it- but you get less- because the ocean is warmer off of LA than it is off of Northern California.

I read somewhere that the average Californian uses 150 gallons of water a day. Seems like a lot until you consider landscaping, toilet, shower, laundry, car washing, dishes and all the rest.

Yes we were hoping for higher than average rainfall, but we were glad to get average rainfall.

Luckily we have gotten better and better at conserving water. Even agriculture is getting better at recycling water and conserving water in California. We are learning from Australia's lessons.

Actually the amount of fog you get in LA is pretty low compared to what we get in Northern California.

You do get it- but you get less- because the ocean is warmer off of LA than it is off of Northern California.
Our southern california water is warmer, but not by much, you have been wrong so many times in this thread I think it is a safe bet to say you are wrong again, as to why we get less fog than the bay area, but I do not have time to play, I see you could not reply to my post where I listed over a 150 weather stations reporting far above average rainfall, yet you replied to someone else that it was just average. Anomalies? Right?

With that kind of selective posting, you are hardly honest.

I didn't quite catch it in all that back and forth, but, do you or do you not believe that the rainfall in Gasquet refutes the drought observations in the southern 3/4ths of the state?

Do you believe - as you appear to be implying - that all of California is getting rain as in Gasquet?

Forum List

Back