Wettest City in the USA, Gasquet California! Ignored! No Drought!

101 inches of rain for the year! Dismissed as no help! As I stated, this is all about politics, nothing more, why else would one ignore the wettest place in the continental USA!

Because if you knew anything at all about Northern California, the water is needed for the summer months when daily temps of well over 90° dry out the forests and chaparral and make for very damaging fire situations. Also the geographic area of Gasquet makes no measurable impact on water stores.
If you knew anything at all about California, you would simply admit, that yes, California has the wettest city in the Nation.

From colored drawings, to nonsensical rants, people are all uptight when it is pointed out that California is wet. Why? Because it is all about selling the public on Global Warming and a phony drought.
40 million people use incredible amounts of water and the central valley is also the nations bread basket. Only an idiot presumes we waste water here. Just how much water do you imagine the world's 6th largest economy needs to maintain its productivity?

I hate to break it to you but SoCal is a desert. Always has been, always will be. Most of the Central Valley is likewise pretty arid and is only arable thanks to extensive irrigation. What I find truly ludicrous is there are farmers who plant rice (near Dos Palos) In a fucking desert. It is sheer madness.

There IS something called dry land rice. Not all rice needs lots of water to grow. Here's an example:
Dry Land Rice

I mean, what?

This place is wet, but other parts, far away, are dry, but because one place is wet, the others can't be dry, is there any logic here?
Nope, you have made a post with no logic, I concur.

concur: definition of concur in Oxford dictionary (American English) (US)

concur

Be of the same opinion; agree:
I know the meaning, I concur, there is no logic in your post, you asked, I answered, you certainly worded your post poorly and my pun went right over your head.

I mean, what?

This place is wet, but other parts, far away, are dry, but because one place is wet, the others can't be dry, is there any logic here?
Nope, you have made a post with no logic, I concur.

concur: definition of concur in Oxford dictionary (American English) (US)

concur

Be of the same opinion; agree:
I know the meaning, I concur, there is no logic in your post, you asked, I answered, you certainly worded your post poorly and my pun went right over your head.

Took you a week to write that nonsense, wow.

yep, it took a week, in that week I drove 1600 miles, from Massachusetts to North Carolina, and back. I managed to miss only one day at my new job. What did you do in that week, add another 100 posts of flaming to your tally?

What did I do? I'll let you make that up.

Driving 1,600 miles, oh, boohoo....

yep, it took a week, in that week I drove 1600 miles, from Massachusetts to North Carolina, and back. I managed to miss only one day at my new job. What did you do in that week, add another 100 posts of flaming to your tally?

101 nonsensical posts that add nothing to the OP you post in. Driving 1600 miles was not crying, it was a very nice drive down the Shenandoah Valley.

No one has ever suggested the area around Gasquet was suffering from a drought. This thread is meaningless.

Elektra has yet to post a meaningful post. Right now, people are losing their homes from the effects of the five years of drought. The forests in the Sierra Nevada are tinder dry, with millions of dead trees, and the potential for an huge inferno is growing daily.

I saw an article from the Caifornia Forest Service that noted 67 million dead trees - the largest arboreal loss in California history.

101 nonsensical posts that add nothing to the OP you post in. Driving 1600 miles was not crying, it was a very nice drive down the Shenandoah Valley.

Well at least you've admitted bring up driving 1,600 miles is completely irrelevant to this thread. So..... are you going to bother saying anything relevant to this thread? I doubt it, so we might as well end it there then.

101 inches of rain for the year! Dismissed as no help! As I stated, this is all about politics, nothing more, why else would one ignore the wettest place in the continental USA!

Because if you knew anything at all about Northern California, the water is needed for the summer months when daily temps of well over 90° dry out the forests and chaparral and make for very damaging fire situations. Also the geographic area of Gasquet makes no measurable impact on water stores.
If you knew anything at all about California, you would simply admit, that yes, California has the wettest city in the Nation.

From colored drawings, to nonsensical rants, people are all uptight when it is pointed out that California is wet. Why? Because it is all about selling the public on Global Warming and a phony drought.

Can a place be called a 'city' when it has a population of 600 people?

California is not wet- a small portion of Northern California is wet.

Anyone who knows California knows this.

So, Elektra, any comment? Are you suggesting that the rainfall in Gasquet refutes the drought claims of the southern three-quarters of the state?

Last edited:
Hilo, Hawaii might be in the running for wettest city.
Gasquet represents a microclimate. The North Coast of California is generally very green and was where Endor was filmed for Star Wars. I lived in that area for a majority of my adult life. Now I'm on the Central Coast and it won't rain a drop until September/October.

Can a place be called a 'city' when it has a population of 600 people?

California is not wet- a small portion of Northern California is wet.

Anyone who knows California knows this.
A small portion? NO! All of Northern California is very wet, one of the wettest places in the USA, the fact is one of many stations records the most rain, had this station not set the record for the country, there are dozzens of others that are contenders.

Northern California is big, it is not a small spot, it is as big as Kansas, Northern California is bigger than Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts, combined.

But to continue with the propaganda fed to the public, the rainiest spot in the USA is ignored, Death Valley is Colored Red on a map to make it look like an extreme climate change has occurred.

California is home to three distinct deserts, individually bigger than many states.

But hey, when it comes to politics and power, the politicians are here to save the world, and that is what they tell their children, and what better way to secure power, than through fear, and all they have to do is wait for the fire season to kick in, and scream, "run for your lives".

Guys I live in Virginia and it rained yesterday. That means there is no drought in the U.S.
By Elektra's measuring method, you would be correct.
Now there is drought in the entire USA? How has that affected agriculture's production?

bodecea, keep trolling and flaming, it simply shows that you have no facts nor logic or insight into things, like politics and power.

Forum List

Back