What A Cool Dad

Not sure how I would feel if someone played back my son's voice to me on Christmas. I think it might make me feel very upset and depressed, to be honest. I find it best (for me anyways) to try to not think about it too much.

Not sure how I would feel if someone played back my son's voice to me on Christmas. I think it might make me feel very upset and depressed, to be honest. I find it best (for me anyways) to try to not think about it too much.
A little different. Our kids are not supposed to leave before we do.
Sorry for your loss.

Now that is cool. Who said technology isn't wonderful?

Ok so a tape recorder from the 70's could have done the same thing but still, cool stuff.

There is nothing like seeing a child sobbing their heart out on Christmas day is there? Especially with a bunch of other kids around thinking they were going to have a fun time.

They were happy tears.

Or they very well could be happy tears. Who knows?

Last edited:
Happy doesn't necessarily mean giggling or laughing.

We gave my niece a car today for her graduation. There were tons of tears, in fact she was bawling, yet she didn't giggle one time. Does that mean she wasn't happy?

Happy doesn't necessarily mean giggling or laughing.

We gave my niece a car today for her graduation. There were tons of tears, in fact she was bawling, yet she didn't giggle one time. Does that mean she wasn't happy?
Was that the car a loved one died in?

Nope.

But hearing your deceased mothers voice can be amazing and such a happy moment, like shes back with you.

Are you saying you know exactly how this kid was feeling? Are you making that claim?

Nope.

But hearing your deceased mothers voice can be amazing and such a happy moment, like shes back with you.

Are you saying you know exactly how this kid was feeling? Are you making that claim?
I claim that I see a child crying on Christmas day. I claim that this was in the company of other children who certainly were not exhibiting any joy. That's what I claim.

No, they were not going to express joy at a child crying because he heard his mothers voice. They are way too young to know about happy or sad tears and they wouldn't know, just like you don't, how he felt.

They kept quiet and let him have his moment, they did great.

Awww. Who doesn't like a child crying. It's like killing Tiny Tim all over again. Deserved a round of applause it did.

To me, all that you can do is have things be there for whoever missed out. Let that person be who decides when who they missed out on gets acknowledged. If the boy was ready to hear his mom's voice, then in my opinion, the right thing was done.

God bless you and him and his dad always!!!

Holly

A friend's husband gave her a laundry basket one Christmas. They are now divorced.

As far as this story...it was a gift from DAD, who also suffered the same loss as his son. Not really our place to disparage either one of them.

Forum List

Back