What a really bad idea.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
Trump says he should get a say on Federal Reserve interest rate decisions

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump on Thursday said that he should have a voice when the Federal Reserve makes its decisions on interest rates.

“I feel the president should have at least [a] say in there,” Trump said during a news conference at his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida. “Yeah, I feel that strongly. I think that in my case, I made a lot of money, I was very successful, and I think I have a better instinct than, in many cases, people that would be on the Federal Reserve or the chairman.”

The comments seem to reinforce reporting earlier this year, from The Wall Street Journal and elsewhere, that advisors close to the former president are looking at a host of changes for the central bank should he be elected in November.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/08/tru...-federal-reserve-interest-rate-decisions.html

Give Mr. Bankruptcy a say on interest rate decisions? The guy who is willing to do anything to keep stock market prices high so he can claim the credit for it? The guy who puts his popularity above all else? Never.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump on Thursday said that he should have a voice when the Federal Reserve makes its decisions on interest rates.

“I feel the president should have at least [a] say in there,” Trump said during a news conference at his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida. “Yeah, I feel that strongly. I think that in my case, I made a lot of money, I was very successful, and I think I have a better instinct than, in many cases, people that would be on the Federal Reserve or the chairman.”

The comments seem to reinforce reporting earlier this year, from The Wall Street Journal and elsewhere, that advisors close to the former president are looking at a host of changes for the central bank should he be elected in November.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/08/tru...-federal-reserve-interest-rate-decisions.html

Give Mr. Bankruptcy a say on interest rate decisions? The guy who is willing to do anything to keep stock market prices high so he can claim the credit for it? The guy who puts his popularity above all else? Never.
Have to agree with you on this one. So, the score is Trump one million good ideas, 10 bad ideas. Harris, zero good ideas and one million bad ideas.

“I feel the president should have at least [a] say in there,”

Why does information and differing opinions scare Democrats so much?

Last edited:

Good gawd, he is clueless.

Plus he wants total control.

Bad combination.

I don't belive this.

No way a dictator-on-day-one would say he wants to over-ride Fed's interest rates. :rolleyes-41:

Didn't say that of course.
Of course, of course

"I have a better instinct than, in many cases, people that would be on the Federal Reserve or the chairman." - Donald J. Trump

This is a man who has zero macroeconomic credentials, who's "great instincts" greatly underperformed dow index, bankrupted his bussinesses 3 times, got him and his officers found guilty of fraud in criminal and civil cases, fined him half a billion dollars and banned Trumps from operating Trump Co.

Trump's claim to fame is putting on a show for gullible dupes and finding ways to monetize on it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back