What any potential GOP Prez candidate does when under fire:

stop making ad hominems about Christie. This is about hime &/or his office making a grievous mistake.

just so you know:

RoadVirus
This message is hidden because RoadVirus is on your ignore list.

As to the OP, firing underlings and claiming innocence is not "leadership"

Im curious, what is leadership then? I want to know what someone found in this situation would have to do to be a leader. Play golf?

he's a high-profile politician & this closure resulted in more than just delays.

And yet, Benghazi and Fast and Furious resulted in dead people and we still have the left pretending the scandals don't exist.

Just like the last general election. They get all agog over some loser until the facts start coming out and he falls from grace. Then they're in love with the next loser until he bombs.

Look for a sale on popcorn cuz we're in for a fun ride.

big

.... until there were none.

Much better than reelecting a loser who is screwing you over when you already know how corrupt he is.

Has anyone explained why his story has changed so many times?

"traffic study"?

And that was just one of his stories. Then he changed it to his staff did it because they hate him.

The same reason the White House has changed the Benghazi and Fast and Furious stories.

They are swamped in corruption and need to be removed from power.

But you only seem to oppose corruption if a Republican is involved. That's what honet people call a double standard.

Trajan has the right of it, while neo-con losers like Jroc and U2Edge cry crocodile tears.

Christie acted like an executive should: he sacked those responsible and took the blame.

If he lied, then he's fried.

In the meantime, Obama is laughing at the lot of us who are supposed to be supporting Christie.

And if he gets through it, the neo-cons and the far right wing nuts who would not support him have slit their political hopes for the 2016 campaign.

Christie will have them metaphorically on shish-ka-bob.

You boobs. :lol:

Oh, I have no idea if he is laughing at any of Christie's supporters. He actually has no reason to, for being a two-term president, he is not going to be on a ballot again.

I could imagine him laughing over the ridiculousity of it all.

Again, I remind: Obama did not cause the Christie-Flap. Christie did that himself. Whether he acted like an executive remains to be seen. What you describe a sacking those responsible, the right usually calls "thowing under the bus", if a Democrat does it. Just sayin...

But a Flap does not necessarily destroy a candidate, either. The chances that Christie will survive this seem very good to me.

Ronald Reagan was made of teflon. So was Clinton. And to a certain degree, so is Obama. Maybe that is also the case with Chris Christie.

I am not even convinced that he is going to be your party's standard bearer.

At any rate, his path to the presidency is possible, but longer and thornier than Hillary Clinton's, I would suspect.

-my 2 cents.

Last edited:

"traffic study"?

And that was just one of his stories. Then he changed it to his staff did it because they hate him.

He learned the tactic in his private conversations with Obama.

What, all two of them? Really? You think a Republican is that interested in learning strategy from a Democrat?

But thanks for the compliment!!!

:D

"traffic study"?

The same reason the White House has changed the Benghazi and Fast and Furious stories.

They are swamped in corruption and need to be removed from power.

But you only seem to oppose corruption if a Republican is involved. That's what honet people call a double standard.

Fast and Furious was a continuation of the Bush era gun-runner program.

Beghazi, try as hard as the Right would like to make it a scandal, is not a scandal.

Thank you for playing. Care to try again?

A true bully works in the far left circles, just look at Obama.

To call Christie a bully is hypocritical especially since no far left poster can provide any real examples.

just so you know:

RoadVirus
This message is hidden because RoadVirus is on your ignore list.

As to the OP, firing underlings and claiming innocence is not "leadership"

Im curious, what is leadership then? I want to know what someone found in this situation would have to do to be a leader. Play golf?

Don't know a president who didn't play golf.

131224120321-01-obama-hawaii-1224-horizontal-gallery.jpg

bushgolf_671062c.jpg

billclinton3_600.jpg

130809141522-bush-sr-vacation-2-restricted-horizontal-gallery.jpg

reagan_600x414_0.jpg

and:

ike_595x600_0.jpg

jfk_480x600_0.jpg

Gerald_Ford_playing_golf_with_Jackie_Gleason_at_the_Lago_Mar_County_Club-_Fort_Lauderdale,_Florida.jpg

richard-nixon-golfing-in-key-biscayne-1968.jpg

Kennedy.jpg

Corbis-BE020403.jpg

In fact, Eisenhower helped to popularize the game.

And this guy learned the game in order to suck up to Eisenhower:

nixon_600x597_0.jpg

And:

harry-s-truman-golfing-in-key-west-undated.jpg

Harding-Golfing.jpg

President-Hardings-Golf-Balls.jpg

And also (but it didn't keep him from being fat):

Taft1-300x200.jpg

OMG, look at all those bums we thought were presidents, when in reality,all they did was to play golf!!!

:D

Oh, and just for fun, this is a President's son golfing. Anyone know who it is, based on his face? And the woman with him was a famous woman in her time:

ethel-du-pont-and-franklin-roosevelt-jr-playing-golf-in-wilmington-delaware-june-1937.jpg

Last edited:
The only people I've seen totally supporting Christie and holding him up as an example of what Republicans should be are Liberals and Democrats.
That's exactly my observation, with only an exception or two.

It's too bad about the bridge being closed down and the elderly lady dying of anxieties she suffered that brought on her death. :(

What any potential GOP Prez candidate does when under fire:

taking responsibility and firing those responsible, one

true Republicans holding Christie up as a candidate for president, two

Christie head hunting the neo-cons and those on the far right who forgot where they loyalties lie, three: to the man who did the right thing

Trajan has the right of it, while neo-con losers like Jroc and U2Edge cry crocodile tears.

Christie acted like an executive should: he sacked those responsible and took the blame.

If he lied, then he's fried.

In the meantime, Obama is laughing at the lot of us who are supposed to be supporting Christie.

And if he gets through it, the neo-cons and the far right wing nuts who would not support him have slit their political hopes for the 2016 campaign.

Christie will have them metaphorically on shish-ka-bob.

You boobs. :lol:

What a surprise, a fake Republican like Jake the Fake Starkey supporting a Trojan horse Democrat RINO progressive like Chris Christie. Jake, what a shame it was that you didn't make a new year resolution to admit you are not a real Republican and that you are really a communist. Perhaps next year you will figure out you are fooling no posters in this forum and finally make that confession and resolution.

In conclusion, I have far more respect for posters like rdean, hazlnut, kidrocks and others like that than I do for you. Unlike you, they are not lying about who they are, they are who they are and don't lie about it.

Oh and, in what I thought was a nice little touch, he even said he learned of this while "working out".

What he failed to mention is that he "works out" at Krispie Kreme.

Seriously. Stomach stapling/gastric bypass or not, he still looks like a beached whale.

He's lost a good amount of weight. Pic on left is from Aug 2012, pic on right is Aug 2013. He still has a long weigh to go but he is making very good progress, wouldn't you say? And that he hasn't dropped a boatload quickly is good ... you know that. It's better to lose it slowly ... you know that. And why do you knock his 'working out' anyway? Oh, I see. He's a republican.

Christie_WeightLoss_Comp1.jpg

he is still over eating Zoom......the people i know that have had the surgery a year later they had dropped over a hundred pounds.....he doesnt look like he has dropped more than 30-40 pounds.....look at his waist line....one guy i know of went from 400 pds to 260 in about the same amount of time....i dont know maybe he just looks like he aint lost much....

I don't know, Har ... he looks like he's lost more than that to me. He's dang huge in the pic on the left. He didn't have gastric bypass, he had lap band and I think that results in a slower weight loss. Either way, he's lost weight which is good.

Hmmmm ...

“I was done with my workout yesterday morning and got a call from my communications director at about 8:50, 8:55 informing me of this story that had just broken on the Bergen Record website,” the governor, who is widely expected to launch a 2016 bid for president, said. “That was the first time I knew about this, that was the first time I had seen any of the documents that were revealed yesterday.”

“If people find that hard to believe, I don’t know that else to say except to tell them that I had no knowledge this, the planning, the execution or anything about it,” he added. “And that I first found out about it after it was over

However, in a response to a question from CNN’s John King, Christie suggested he had been aware of the scandal for a bit longer.

“I haven’t had a lot of sleep for the past two nights and I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching,” he said. “I’m sick over this. I have worked for the last 12 years in public life developing a reputation for honesty and directness and blunt talk, one that I think is well deserved.”

Rush Limbaugh Noticed a Key Detail About Chris Christie?s Speech That You Might Find Interesting | TheBlaze.com

^ Rush Limbaugh via The Blaze?

Thanks but no thanks :eusa_hand:

Lets try to keep the thread above am radio & webtv tinfoilers

They released documents today that showed the communications of people from Christie's inner sanctum.

They had a very evolved system of retribution. The bridge was one of many dirty tricks.

Christie was their leader.

The documents reveal a very toxic "us against the world" mentality with mafia levels of coded speech and loyalty.

They played hardball.

They destroyed people.

The party of Tricky Dicky Lives.

Last edited:
Speaking from the Heartland:

From a State whose citizens are not likely to care much for any governor of New Jersey, I would like to say I am proud of how Christie has handled this malignant fortune which has intervened just after he was shown as leading H. Clinton by 2 points.

He has stones. He stood and answered questions as long as anyone had any questions.

Assuming he is not shown to be a Liar, like our President, I think he will come out of this scrape in good shape....he will have shown one of the great qualities of a leader---he will have taken a defeat and turned it into a victory.

I like the fat man. Good luck to him.

^ Rush Limbaugh via The Blaze?

Thanks but no thanks :eusa_hand:

Lets try to keep the thread above am radio & webtv tinfoilers

So you agree with their assessment of Christie, but we should just ignore them because you don't like them?

Forum List

Back