What any potential GOP Prez candidate does when under fire:

just so you know:

RoadVirus
This message is hidden because RoadVirus is on your ignore list.

As to the OP, firing underlings and claiming innocence is not "leadership"

Im curious, what is leadership then? I want to know what someone found in this situation would have to do to be a leader. Play golf?

Don't know a president who didn't play golf.

131224120321-01-obama-hawaii-1224-horizontal-gallery.jpg

bushgolf_671062c.jpg

billclinton3_600.jpg

130809141522-bush-sr-vacation-2-restricted-horizontal-gallery.jpg

reagan_600x414_0.jpg

and:

ike_595x600_0.jpg

jfk_480x600_0.jpg

Gerald_Ford_playing_golf_with_Jackie_Gleason_at_the_Lago_Mar_County_Club-_Fort_Lauderdale,_Florida.jpg

richard-nixon-golfing-in-key-biscayne-1968.jpg

Kennedy.jpg

Corbis-BE020403.jpg

In fact, Eisenhower helped to popularize the game.

And this guy learned the game in order to suck up to Eisenhower:

nixon_600x597_0.jpg

And:

harry-s-truman-golfing-in-key-west-undated.jpg

Harding-Golfing.jpg

President-Hardings-Golf-Balls.jpg

And also (but it didn't keep him from being fat):

Taft1-300x200.jpg

OMG, look at all those bums we thought were presidents, when in reality,all they did was to play golf!!!

:D

Oh, and just for fun, this is a President's son golfing. Anyone know who it is, based on his face? And the woman with him was a famous woman in her time:

ethel-du-pont-and-franklin-roosevelt-jr-playing-golf-in-wilmington-delaware-june-1937.jpg

You've clearly missed the point.

Still doesn't answer the question. For the sake of argument, let's say that Christie is purely innocent of the situation (though I know of no one right or left that believes so). Or let's assume we are talking about someone who is innocent and their subordinates do something like this. What is a responsible leader going to do?

Is there a single leader that wouldn't have them fired or thrown out. We arent talking about a simple mistake here. This is a morally wrong thing to do.

So what is a leader going to do? You really going to say Christie is wrong for doing that as the OP is without giving any sort of explanation of what a real leader would have done?

What any potential GOP Prez candidate does when under fire:

taking responsibility and firing those responsible, one

true Republicans holding Christie up as a candidate for president, two

Christie head hunting the neo-cons and those on the far right who forgot where they loyalties lie, three: to the man who did the right thing

Where our loyalties lie? I must have missed the part where we should be loyal to Christie simply because he is a Republican. But perhaps I've misunderstood you. So please clarify if i have.

The man's corrupt and needs to be taken from power.

I haven't seen any "conservatives" defending Christie....I have seen quite a few express disdain at the double standard the media applies to Republicans though.....

Anyway I predict that within 3-4 months this scandal will be deader than the US ambassador to Libya.....is that defending him? :lol:

I haven't seen any "conservatives" defending Christie....I have seen quite a few express disdain at the double standard the media applies to Republicans though.....

Anyway I predict that within 3-4 months this scandal will be deader than the US ambassador to Libya.....is that defending him? :lol:

There is a big difference

In Benghazi, AlQaeda were the terrorists
In Ft Lee, Republicans were the terrorists

^ Rush Limbaugh via The Blaze?

Thanks but no thanks :eusa_hand:

Lets try to keep the thread above am radio & webtv tinfoilers

Whaa?

All I ever read on here is the left touting that Rush Limbaugh is the Republican leader and now suddenly .... he isn't? Rush is actually bringing up a valid point. Oh, I see. Rush is bringing up a valid point and the left's head went pop. lol, you guys.

If Christie really found out about the bridge situation on Wed morning why was he "soul searching" and "losing two nights sleep" prior to then? (Christie's words)

Here it is from another source.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/...ut-emails-yesterday-why-two-sleepless-nights/

Last edited:
The only people I've seen totally supporting Christie and holding him up as an example of what Republicans should be are Liberals and Democrats.

why are rw'ers defending him here if they could care less? Looks like he's guilty as sin as he is a hands-on kinda' guy & this would not have happened w/o his knowing about it.

His timeline for when he was informed about this is starting to look implausible. An email was released yesterday that his chief of staff - a very loyal person from his inner sanctum - was questioned about it long before he claims to have heard about it. And it wasn't a passing thing; communication came into his office that was crisis-level and we're being asked to believe that Christie wasn't told about it by his closest people. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll get to the truth because Christie's people are all taking the 5th. This from an administration that routinely criticizes its political opponents for not being honest. Chrisite's brand is that he is a straight talker who does not hide. What a fucking joke. Thank god we found out about his true character before he got to the White House. There's a lot of information coming out about how ruthless this guy was. He created a highly evolved system of retribution shrouded in secrecy ... and it's all trickling out.

the irs targeting the tea party the democrats were terrorists. dear god you liberals are such pathetic hypocrites

the irs targeting the tea party the democrats were terrorists. dear god you liberals are such pathetic hypocrites

If the IRS had targeted only Tea Party groups, I would probably agree with you. But that is not what happened, not by a longshot.

I am gonna shock the hell out of my fellow Democratic friends, but I am going to openly say that we don't even know yet if this is a big scandal, for the simple reason that we are ALL way too close in time to the event horizon.

The only person who really made the situation worse in the last 48 hours was Chris Christie himself, who boxed himself in with a presser that was one hour and one half hours longer than it should have been.

And no, I don't see Conservatives defending Christie. But Conservatives also despised Mitt Romney thoughout pollling in 2010, 2011 and part of 2012. They never really trusted him. The poor man couldn't break over 23% in GOP polling for 26 months straight. And yet, at the end of the day, Conservatives voted for him.

Now, whether this scandal will grow or die depends entirely on what kind of information comes out in the next days and weeks. But one thing is for certain: it is far enough away from the 2016 primaries and GE so that Christie can do damage control.

People jump way too fast these days. Wait until all the details come out!

Last edited:
Im curious, what is leadership then? I want to know what someone found in this situation would have to do to be a leader. Play golf?

Don't know a president who didn't play golf.

131224120321-01-obama-hawaii-1224-horizontal-gallery.jpg

bushgolf_671062c.jpg

billclinton3_600.jpg

130809141522-bush-sr-vacation-2-restricted-horizontal-gallery.jpg

reagan_600x414_0.jpg

and:

ike_595x600_0.jpg

jfk_480x600_0.jpg

Gerald_Ford_playing_golf_with_Jackie_Gleason_at_the_Lago_Mar_County_Club-_Fort_Lauderdale,_Florida.jpg

richard-nixon-golfing-in-key-biscayne-1968.jpg

Kennedy.jpg

Corbis-BE020403.jpg

In fact, Eisenhower helped to popularize the game.

And this guy learned the game in order to suck up to Eisenhower:

nixon_600x597_0.jpg

And:

harry-s-truman-golfing-in-key-west-undated.jpg

Harding-Golfing.jpg

President-Hardings-Golf-Balls.jpg

And also (but it didn't keep him from being fat):

Taft1-300x200.jpg

OMG, look at all those bums we thought were presidents, when in reality,all they did was to play golf!!!

:D

Oh, and just for fun, this is a President's son golfing. Anyone know who it is, based on his face? And the woman with him was a famous woman in her time:

ethel-du-pont-and-franklin-roosevelt-jr-playing-golf-in-wilmington-delaware-june-1937.jpg

Still doesn't answer the question. For the sake of argument, let's say that Christie is purely innocent of the situation (though I know of no one right or left that believes so). Or let's assume we are talking about someone who is innocent and their subordinates do something like this. What is a responsible leader going to do?

Is there a single leader that wouldn't have them fired or thrown out. We arent talking about a simple mistake here. This is a morally wrong thing to do.

So what is a leader going to do? You really going to say Christie is wrong for doing that as the OP is without giving any sort of explanation of what a real leader would have done?

No, I got the point. You wanted to accuse the POTUS of essentially being AWOL when it came time to make decisions, because you apparently think his is frittering away his time playing golf. Not true.

The only people I've seen totally supporting Christie and holding him up as an example of what Republicans should be are Liberals and Democrats.

why are rw'ers defending him here if they could care less? Looks like he's guilty as sin as he is a hands-on kinda' guy & this would not have happened w/o his knowing about it.

His timeline for when he was informed about this is starting to look implausible. An email was released yesterday that his chief of staff - a very loyal person from his inner sanctum - was questioned about it long before he claims to have heard about it. And it wasn't a passing thing; communication came into his office that was crisis-level and we're being asked to believe that Christie wasn't told about it by his closest people. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll get to the truth because Christie's people are all taking the 5th. This from an administration that routinely criticizes its political opponents for not being honest. Chrisite's brand is that he is a straight talker who does not hide. What a fucking joke. Thank god we found out about his true character before he got to the White House. There's a lot of information coming out about how ruthless this guy was. He created a highly evolved system of retribution shrouded in secrecy ... and it's all trickling out.

yep. Boardwalk Empire-type stuff.

“What did Christie know and when did he know it” is irrelevant, absent any evidence.

The political damage has been done, however, and it’s likely irreparable.

Criminal investigations are being conducted, emails and other documents are being examined, and criminal charges against Christie administration officials are likely; it’s known as death by a thousand cuts.

No, I got the point. You wanted to accuse the POTUS of essentially being AWOL when it came time to make decisions, because you apparently think his is frittering away his time playing golf. Not true.

Avatar is as partisan as they come. PLUS, the whole issue is irrelevant as we are all plugged-into the network 24/7, if we wish to be, ESPECIALLY so for the President who has to be available 24/7.

Last edited:
Golf is not a big deal and political parties and their supporters NEED to stop throwing around the word terrorist. It's truly pathetic how well played into the hands of the propagandists so many people have become. That guy did something I disagree with!? Terrorist!

Get a grip on life.

:up: throw some subordinates under the bus :( rw leadership :thup:

Christie fires aide, apologizes for traffic jams

why are USMB rw'ers supporting him tooth & nail ANYWAY when they kept calling him 'RINO this' & 'RINO that' for the past 6 months :dunno: Because he's the only chance they got in '16 who hasn't alienated 50+% of the populace in this great nation :eusa_think: (UNTIL RECENTLY :eusa_shhh: )

Should he have followed Obama's lead by lying and blaming it on a filmmaker or Bush? Or he could have just stopped cooperating all together. No, the media wouldn't go along with that for a Republican. Christie is on his own and expected to answer the tough questions, as he should. I just wish the same scrutiny was used on the Dems.

It's about finding the truth. The press has to be tough. When they are not, the whole scandal gets buried and forgotten. Good that they aren't letting that happen this time, but in the past the liberal media has buried many Obama scandals. They are not consistent.

Christie will fry for this. Obama, Holder and Hillary should fry for the IRS scandal, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, NSA spying and lies about Obamacare.

The liberal media spent more time on the Christie scandal in 24 hours than they did on the Benghazi scandal in months. The media has no right to decide what is and isn't newsworthy, at least not if they want to legally call themselves reporters. It about misrepresenting themselves to the public.

The media is engaging in sensationalism in the Christie case. They run with every comment or innuendo and the worse it sounds, the more they repeat it. I want real reporting following real investigations.

The whole bridge closing stinks, but the stench hasn't reached the level as Benghazi or other things. Let's keep it in perspective, shall we.

There's no need to even care how fat ass handled the cone crisis, because there is no way in hell he'd ever have a chance at the white house anyway. NO one attempting to run on a republican ticket that doesn't have the FULL support of the conservative right, will NOT win a presidential election, and fat boy will never have that.

You think he could he could without the full conservative right support? Aaaahh... no... just ask Romney how that works.

Last edited:

There is no evidence Obama administration officials ‘instructed’ the IRS to ‘target’ TPM groups; where Christie administration officials did authorize the bridge closing.

Consequently, there is no ‘hypocrisy.’

Moreover, there is no evidence that ‘democrats’ on any level ‘targeted’ TPM groups. In fact, the evidence indicates that ‘progressive’ groups were targeted as well.

When the IRS inspector general's audit was released, Republicans and Democrats alike were quick to express their outrage. But it didn't take long for some Republicans, including Issa, to go further and accuse President Obama of using the IRS to target his political enemies. It's a claim that hasn't yet been proved by any evidence made publicly available.

Cummings also released an e-mail sent May 3 from the deputy inspector general for investigations to a number of officials at the inspector general's office. They reviewed about 5,000 emails between IRS employees involved in the flagging of Tea Party groups. The mission was to find out "if an e-mail existed that directed the staff to "target" Tea Party and other political organizations.

Here's what was found, according to the email:

"Review of these e-mails revealed that there was a lot of discussion between the employees on how to process the Tea Party and other political organization applications. There was a Be On the Lookout (BOLO) list specifically naming these groups; however, the e-mails indicated the organizations needed to be pulled because the IRS employees were not sure how to process them, not because they wanted to stall or hinder the application. There was no indication that pulling these selected applications was politically motivated. The e-mail traffic indicated there were unclear processing directions and the group wanted to make sure they had guidance on processing the applications so they pulled them. This is a very important nuance."

Top Democrat Says Documents Show IRS Also Targeted Liberals : It's All Politics : NPR

The IRS scandal was limited to the IRS only, having nothing to do with ‘democrats.’

What’s pathetic is the propensity of you and most others on the right to lie.

“What did Christie know and when did he know it” is irrelevant, absent any evidence.

The political damage has been done, however, and it’s likely irreparable.

Criminal investigations are being conducted, emails and other documents are being examined, and criminal charges against Christie administration officials are likely; it’s known as death by a thousand cuts.

I guess I agree with this.

I am pulling for Christie to make it, and I don't think he knew what was going on.

But, the act itself is so disgusting...so deserves to be fully investigated...and it is so likely laws were broken...its not likely to turn out well for the big guy.

Forum List

Back