What are the chances of the Senate flipping in 2016?

You're entitled to your opinion, but NOT your own facts.

Map Illegal immigrant population by state.

5.png

How do you count illegal aliens who, by definition, are illegal and probably in hiding.

Is there a place where they can go and be registered?

In most States, if we catch them, we turn them over to ICE so they can be deported.

Florida is VERY high in illegal population.

I know. I hire them all the time :)

Just your opinion on the chances of the Senate "flipping" back to democrat majority in 2016....

Bearing in mind 5 factors that may impact such chances:

1. The number of seats that will have to be defended next year
2. The fact that its also a presidential election year (thereby increasing voters' turnout)
3. The increasing number of Hispanic/Latino voters
4. The "report card" as to how congress, in general, has performed in the last 4 years.....and
5. The changing general "mood" of the electorate

You figure that the Senate will have a 75% retention rate for the incumbents. The illegals immigrant that are allowed to vote. The report card is BS, nobody thinks THEIR senator is the problem.
The "changing general mood" of the electorate, is just BS heard every cycle.

There is a good chance for the Senate to flip. The House will not.

Just your opinion on the chances of the Senate "flipping" back to democrat majority in 2016....

2. The fact that its also a presidential election year (thereby increasing voters' turnout)
4. The "report card" as to how congress, in general, has performed in the last 4 years.....and

I noticed number 3.

How many illegals do you figure will vote Dummycrap?

With the exception of California....most "illegals" have settled in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Florida.....Those are, for the most part, red states....Do you think that illegal voters have wrongfully voted for the tea partiers....by mistake?

You're forgetting Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin.....but New Mexico and Florida are mostly Blue, possibly purple states.

I noticed number 3.

With the exception of California....most "illegals" have settled in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Florida.....Those are, for the most part, red states....Do you think that illegal voters have wrongfully voted for the tea partiers....by mistake?

You're forgetting Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin.....but New Mexico and Florida are mostly Blue, possibly purple states.

5.png

How the fuck do they know were the illegals are, if they're not busing them in?

This is the problem with liberals.....they never question anything unless they are told to.

Chances of the senate flipping, less than 15%, historically incumbents have about an 85% chance of being reelected. It's only the few open seats than will be in play and the historical fact that the chances of the same party winning the white house are slim, so republicans could gain seats if we get a great candidate for president.

You figure that the Senate will have a 75% retention rate for the incumbents. The illegals immigrant that are allowed to vote. The report card is BS, nobody thinks THEIR senator is the problem.
The "changing general mood" of the electorate, is just BS heard every cycle.

There is a good chance for the Senate to flip. The House will not.

Obama is ruining that chance. Nobody likes a lawless, race-baiting, gun-grabbing, asshole president that hugs our enemies and pisses off our allies.

What real difference would it make? We're not going to benefit regardless. We haven't benefitted in the past half century, so what will change? It becomes a moot point. It just makes for laughable conversations and equally laughable debates.

I Strongly suspect that no matter WHAT system we were in, no matter who was in charge, no matter what the economics of this Country -- You still wouldn't "benefit"

And we both know why, don't we :dunno:
I strongly disagree. Everyone would greatly benefit from a pro-America government seated in Washington. We would all benefit tremendously if we had a truly representative government leading this nation and her citizens. We'd have a true system of justice, equal and fair taxation, affordable health care and higher education, an adequate number of self-supporting living wage jobs, minimal poverty and homelessness, no senseless deadly costly wars, a first class infrastructure, plants and factories on almost every street corner like the old days, the majority of families would be home owners, our prisons wouldn't be luxury living, foreign aid would be strictly by genuine need only, immigrants would be forced to go through the legal process, folks would be able to work and save for retirement years, and other benefits.

Utopianism is an inherently marxist viewpoint found mostly in the juvenile college kid.

Nothing and nobody is perfect. Not me, not you, not our wives, girlfriends, moms, dads, brothers, sisters, politicians and most of all -- Our Country.

The Founding Fathers understood that. Adults understand that. Nothing is perfect.

Given a choice, the mature individual chooses what most resembles his/her ideology and doesn't sit around crying like a BITCH because everything doesn't go his way.

That is worse, IMO, than the enemy of this Country and of humanity in general -- the dimocrap scum.

At least we can fight them, we can contest them. They stand and are counted.

All people like you (liberturdians mostly) do is sit on the sidelines and bitch like little, pre-pubescent girls about how unfair life is because they haven't grown breasts yet.

GROW THE FUCK UP

or get lost. All the same to me
Cute .... very cute. Your age? So damn childish and silly. Some nerve telling someone to grow up. Anything else immature and pathetic to say?

What real difference would it make? We're not going to benefit regardless. We haven't benefitted in the past half century, so what will change? It becomes a moot point. It just makes for laughable conversations and equally laughable debates.

I Strongly suspect that no matter WHAT system we were in, no matter who was in charge, no matter what the economics of this Country -- You still wouldn't "benefit"

And we both know why, don't we :dunno:
I strongly disagree. Everyone would greatly benefit from a pro-America government seated in Washington. We would all benefit tremendously if we had a truly representative government leading this nation and her citizens. We'd have a true system of justice, equal and fair taxation, affordable health care and higher education, an adequate number of self-supporting living wage jobs, minimal poverty and homelessness, no senseless deadly costly wars, a first class infrastructure, plants and factories on almost every street corner like the old days, the majority of families would be home owners, our prisons wouldn't be luxury living, foreign aid would be strictly by genuine need only, immigrants would be forced to go through the legal process, folks would be able to work and save for retirement years, and other benefits.

Utopianism is an inherently marxist viewpoint found mostly in the juvenile college kid.

Nothing and nobody is perfect. Not me, not you, not our wives, girlfriends, moms, dads, brothers, sisters, politicians and most of all -- Our Country.

The Founding Fathers understood that. Adults understand that. Nothing is perfect.

Given a choice, the mature individual chooses what most resembles his/her ideology and doesn't sit around crying like a BITCH because everything doesn't go his way.

That is worse, IMO, than the enemy of this Country and of humanity in general -- the dimocrap scum.

At least we can fight them, we can contest them. They stand and are counted.

All people like you (liberturdians mostly) do is sit on the sidelines and bitch like little, pre-pubescent girls about how unfair life is because they haven't grown breasts yet.

GROW THE FUCK UP

or get lost. All the same to me

Ahhhha, a Dale Carnegie course graduate?

How do you count illegal aliens who, by definition, are illegal and probably in hiding.

In most States, if we catch them, we turn them over to ICE so they can be deported.

I'm not sure copping to a felony on a public message board is a wise idea......

It's quite likely Democrats will take control of the Senate in 2017.

It's quite likely Democrats will take control of the Senate in 2017.
It's more likely the Whigs will take all of congress.

5.png

Oh, its easy to "count" them...at least according to right wingers, you simply count them when they show up to vote....LOL

Oh, its easy to "count" them...at least according to right wingers, you simply count them when they show up to vote....LOL

I don need no steenking ID, I am Wayung Chang, just like it says on the registration, and I am 137 years old...
images

Depends really.

The House is top heavy with Republicans, so there are plenty of opportunities there for Democrats to attempt to win some of those seats back. With House approval so low, I would be surprised if seats didn't switch next time.

Though the Senate is a different story, as it requires Republicans to make enough of a mess of things.

If Republicans win the Presidency it is much more likely they will lose either the Senate or the House to Democrats.

Depends really.

The House is top heavy with Republicans, so there are plenty of opportunities there for Democrats to attempt to win some of those seats back. With House approval so low, I would be surprised if seats didn't switch next time.

Though the Senate is a different story, as it requires Republicans to make enough of a mess of things.

If Republicans win the Presidency it is much more likely they will lose either the Senate or the House to Democrats.

Republicans winning the WH would be very, very surprising...the cadre of candidates are too embroiled in tea party concessions and, too regressive for minorities, most women, gays and lesbians, etc.

The House will remain in GOP hands for quite a long time....redistricting is a very tough obstacle for democrats to gain the upper hand.

The Senate is another story and I'm sure that although a super majority will not be won by democrats, they stand a very good chance to regain a numerical majority given the number of seats republicans must defend AND the fact that Congress, in general, has done nothing but engage in bitching and moaning.

Last edited:
Depends really.

He said the Senate, though - and it's nothing more than partisan boasting. Of the 24 GOP seats going up, 18 are completely safe. This leaves 6 which could be up for grabs. Only 5 of the 9 democrat seats are safe - with the Reid seat very likely to go to the GOP. Most rational analysts predict the GOP will gain one or two seats in 2016. But the election is a long way off, so things could change.

Depends really.

He said the Senate, though - and it's nothing more than partisan boasting. Of the 24 GOP seats going up, 18 are completely safe. This leaves 6 which could be up for grabs. Only 5 of the 9 democrat seats are safe - with the Reid seat very likely to go to the GOP. Most rational analysts predict the GOP will gain one or two seats in 2016. But the election is a long way off, so things could change.

I stand corrected, although given the poor performance by BOTH parties in congress, those 18 "safe" GOP senatorial seats are not that sure of a bet.

I noticed number 3.

Forum List

Back