What are the chances of the Senate flipping in 2016?

Just your opinion on the chances of the Senate "flipping" back to democrat majority in 2016....e

Based on a breakdown of the number of Republican incumbents who would have to be defeated in red states, virtually zero

Well 24 republicans up for reelection vs. 10 Democrats up for reelection. And 9 of those 10 Democrat seats are pretty much locked up.

So I'd say chances are pretty good :thup:

So if Democrats win:

Florida with Rubio running for President
Wisconsin and PA and IL Blue States with Red Senators, but beating incumbents is difficult even in cross party States like this
and hold battleground Nevada with Reid retiring

That would be everything breaking your way, and you still don't take the Senate. How do you figure that Democrats as having it "locked up"

Just your opinion on the chances of the Senate "flipping" back to democrat majority in 2016....

Bearing in mind 5 factors that may impact such chances:

1. The number of seats that will have to be defended next year
2. The fact that its also a presidential election year (thereby increasing voters' turnout)
3. The increasing number of Hispanic/Latino voters
4. The "report card" as to how congress, in general, has performed in the last 4 years.....and
5. The changing general "mood" of the electorate

100% chance the GOP loses the senate in 2016.

Depends really.

The House is top heavy with Republicans, so there are plenty of opportunities there for Democrats to attempt to win some of those seats back. With House approval so low, I would be surprised if seats didn't switch next time.

Though the Senate is a different story, as it requires Republicans to make enough of a mess of things.

If Republicans win the Presidency it is much more likely they will lose either the Senate or the House to Democrats.

He said the Senate, though - and it's nothing more than partisan boasting. Of the 24 GOP seats going up, 18 are completely safe. This leaves 6 which could be up for grabs. Only 5 of the 9 democrat seats are safe - with the Reid seat very likely to go to the GOP. Most rational analysts predict the GOP will gain one or two seats in 2016. But the election is a long way off, so things could change.

I stand corrected, although given the poor performance by BOTH parties in congress, those 18 "safe" GOP senatorial seats are not that sure of a bet.
Poor performance has nothing to do with the chances of a senatorial canidate regaining office. The last decade has seen numbers so low that you would expect every singl congressman to be fired. in 2012 approval ratings hovered (and even dipped below) 10 percent yet a whopping 90 percent were reelected.
Poor performance has nothing to do with the chances of a senatorial candidate regaining office. The last decade has seen numbers so low that you would expect every single congressman to be fired. In 2012 approval ratings hovered around 10 percent yet a whopping 90 percent were reelected.
If you think people bemoaning that congress is terrible and giving them horrible approval ratings matters then you have not been paying attention over the last several election cycles.

How many illegals do you figure will vote Dummycrap?

Yes, one thing we know is illegals wouldn't break the law

As I've asked before (above) since "illegal" voters reside in mostly red states, you should volunteer to help these "illegals" and to tell them that they're checking off the WRONG boxes.

You never asked me that before, and other than you're intending to be snarky I don't get what you are asking me. I also don't get what your assertion illegals are mostly in red states is based on

Just your opinion on the chances of the Senate "flipping" back to democrat majority in 2016....

2. The fact that its also a presidential election year (thereby increasing voters' turnout)
4. The "report card" as to how congress, in general, has performed in the last 4 years.....and

Cause you want it so it must be

Well 24 republicans up for reelection vs. 10 Democrats up for reelection. And 9 of those 10 Democrat seats are pretty much locked up.

So I'd say chances are pretty good :thup:

So if Democrats win:

Florida with Rubio running for President
Wisconsin and PA and IL Blue States with Red Senators, but beating incumbents is difficult even in cross party States like this
and hold battleground Nevada with Reid retiring

That would be everything breaking your way, and you still don't take the Senate. How do you figure that Democrats as having it "locked up"
Republicans have a disadvantage with the electoral college, and they have over twice as many seats up for grabs as Democrats.

Beating incumbents is difficult, but not too difficult. Look at 2014 :wink:

As I've asked before (above) since "illegal" voters reside in mostly red states, you should volunteer to help these "illegals" and to tell them that they're checking off the WRONG boxes.

I think it has something to do with them not being allowed to vote in Red States. In Blue states they bus them in by the hundreds....same-day registration....motor-voter laws.....month-long early voting.. It's all on the honor system in blue states.

You never asked me that before, and other than you're intending to be snarky I don't get what you are asking me. I also don't get what your assertion illegals are mostly in red states is based on

MediaMatters...

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

My "assertion"? Just facts and where "illegals" mostly reside.....Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Florida........Yep, all "ultra liberal" states, right?

I thought of printing the right wingers' responses and predictions, until after Novemeber 2016....but then I thought that such would be unfair.

QUOTE]

I think it has something to do with them not being allowed to vote in Red States. In Blue states they bus them in by the hundreds....same-day registration....motor-voter laws.....month-long early voting.. It's all on the honor system in blue states.[/QUOTE]

Yep, democracy and the right to vote are both anathemas to right wingers......We really should let only, tea sipping, evangelical, gun-toting whites vote.......Aha, that would be a right wingers' Utopia.

QUOTE]

I think it has something to do with them not being allowed to vote in Red States. In Blue states they bus them in by the hundreds....same-day registration....motor-voter laws.....month-long early voting.. It's all on the honor system in blue states.

Yep, democracy and the right to vote are both anathemas to right wingers......We really should let only, tea sipping, evangelical, gun-toting whites vote.......Aha, that would be a right wingers' Utopia.[/QUOTE]I don't know whether all of them can make tea, ever since I saw an episode entitled 'how to boil water' on the Food channel.

How do you count illegal aliens who, by definition, are illegal and probably in hiding.

Is there a place where they can go and be registered?

In most States, if we catch them, we turn them over to ICE so they can be deported.

Florida is VERY high in illegal population.

I know. I hire them all the time :)

I'm not sure copping to a felony on a public message board is a wise idea......
It's not a felony anymore.

It's a career enhancement.

QUOTE]

Yep, democracy and the right to vote are both anathemas to right wingers......We really should let only, tea sipping, evangelical, gun-toting whites vote.......Aha, that would be a right wingers' Utopia.[/QUOTE]

Good idea.....

QUOTE]

Yep, democracy and the right to vote are both anathemas to right wingers......We really should let only, tea sipping, evangelical, gun-toting whites vote.......Aha, that would be a right wingers' Utopia.

Good idea.....[/QUOTE]

Thought you'd like that "utopian" scenario......

BTW, bouncing back from other threads, would it be a real stretch to describe Mexcian "illegals" coming across the border and claiming residence in the states, as being akin to Israelis having come across Palestinian borders claiming an ancestral right to be there?

QUOTE]

Good idea.....

Thought you'd like that "utopian" scenario......

BTW, bouncing back from other threads, would it be a real stretch to describe Mexcian "illegals" coming across the border and claiming residence in the states, as being akin to Israelis having come across Palestinian borders claiming an ancestral right to be there?[/QUOTE]

Well....lose a war....take a hike, I always say.

Forum List

Back