What are the odds of 20 hard drives failing at once?

What most likely happened?

• Steve caused the crash without motivation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doug had secret ninja hacking skills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ted is right, Doug most likely hired Steve to crash the hard drives

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Bob is right, shit happens

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Not enough data; anything is equally plausible to anything else

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Anything might have happened, but it was no coincidental simultaneous crash of all 20

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would guess pretty high if all 20 hard drives were in a political office that was about the be hit with a major scandal.

Yes there is. I know a guy that worked for IBM that had HDD's from the same batch fail all over the nation. All told about 60 HDDs crashed at roughly the same time.The company paid for it dearly. There was no news coverage. No lawsuits. It can and does happen.

Bullshit.

The math says you are talking out of your ass.

Denial is not helping your case.

Math doesnt keep hdds from failing. Faulty manufacturing doesn't either.

Determined ignorance for the FAIL once again.

Math does not 'keep' anything from happening, but describes the unlikelihood of such.

Dumbass.

I would guess pretty high if all 20 hard drives were in a political office that was about the be hit with a major scandal.

Why do people keep bringing up politics?

This is about a FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE, sheesh!

:D

Bullshit.

The math says you are talking out of your ass.

Math does not 'keep' anything from happening, but describes the unlikelihood of such.

Dumbass.

Do you need a dictionary? Unlikely doesnt mean impossible. Pull your head out of your ass.

What are the odds of 20 hard drives failing at once?

Depends how strong of an electromagnet is used..

Or a power surge.

Or a power outage.

Not all the players keep their desktops in the same building much less the same room. They are in their own homes.

ITs funny how its the same group of the usual losers who cant figure this thing out and keep repeating stupid ignorant bullshit.

Now I am starting to understand a few things about Dimbocraps; they're just so fucking stuuuuuupid.

You don't think Fantasy Football can be as contentious as politics? Huh! You haven't played in my league. :)

Okay, well, that is stretching it a little... but just a little.

Depends how strong of an electromagnet is used..

Or a power surge.

Or a power outage.

Not all the players keep their desktops in the same building much less the same room. They are in their own homes.

ITs funny how its the same group of the usual losers who cant figure this thing out and keep repeating stupid ignorant bullshit.

Now I am starting to understand a few things about Dimbocraps; they're just so fucking stuuuuuupid.

Power surges/outages can span states dumb ass. :lol:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/11/booming/the-blackout-that-exposed-the-flaws-in-the-grid.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Last edited:

Dumbass.

Do you need a dictionary? Unlikely doesnt mean impossible. Pull your head out of your ass.

Just because something is remotely possible doesn't mean it is plausible.

IF you believe these 20 HDs all crashed at once you are smoking too much dope, loopy fruit.

You don't think Fantasy Football can be as contentious as politics? Huh! You haven't played in my league. :)

Okay, well, that is stretching it a little... but just a little.

lol, yeah, just a little. I don't play it that much any since it got so ubiquitous. Where's the fun when the secretary is winning by picking players with the cutest names?

Dumbass.

IF you believe these 20 HDs all crashed at once you are smoking too much dope, loopy fruit.

Says who? You? You didnt even know that an email client stores email on a PC's hard drive. Go get your A+ certification rookie. :lol:

Says who? You? You didnt even know that an email client stores email on a PC's hard drive. Go get your A+ certification rookie. :lol:

Lol, I know that you can save the email to your local, but that is irrelevant. The law requires them to be saved at the server, not the local HD, dumbass. You downloading your email does not erase it on the server, roflmao.

How many times do people have to essplain it to your dumbasses?

Lol, I know that you can save the email to your local, but that is irrelevant. The law requires them to be saved at the server, not the local HD, dumbass. You downloading your email does not erase it on the server, roflmao.

No its not irrelevant. You said it wasnt stored on the PC. You now know after I corrected you.

It depends on whether you are trying to protect Barak the Magic Negro or not.

No its not irrelevant. You said it wasnt stored on the PC. You now know after I corrected you.

Email apps do not normally store the email down to your HD unless you make it so, by changing the defaults or selecting it to be saved.

No matter much you try to twist this, the emails are required to be stored on the servers by law, not to your desktop. Whether they store it to their desktop is irrelevant to the point of what the law is, stupid shit.

Email apps do not normally store the email down to your HD unless you make it so, by changing the defaults or selecting it to be saved.

No matter much you try to twist this, the emails are required to be stored on the servers by law, not to your desktop. Whether they store it to their desktop is irrelevant to the point of what the law is, stupid shit.

No matter how much you divert I'm going to point out that had nothing to do with my point. You said email was not stored on a PC hard drive and it is. Thats my point. You don't have to change a default. If you dont believe me close your email app, disconnect yourself from the network or reboot your pc, reopen your email app and there will be emails sitting there without you being connected to the network. If the email client is not connected to the network and has been rebooted where do you think that email was stored? Everyone can do this and see you dont have a clue as to what you are talking about. I insist you take a basic course on how desktop apps and computers work.

Last edited:
What are the odds of 20 hard drives crashing at the same time?

About the same odds as President Obama being a member of United Trinity Church for 20 years without knowing Rev. Wright was an America hating Racist.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back