What are you listening to?

Ah but I was so much older then, I'm younger then that now...

Last edited:
Leonard Cohen...Suzanne

And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water
And he spent a long time watching from his lonely wooden tower
And when he knew for certain only drowning men could see him
He said all men will be sailors then until the sea shall free them
But he himself was broken, long before the sky would open
Forsaken, almost human, he sank beneath your wisdom like a stone

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

So Coyote for you.

Joni Mitchell "Coyote" from her album "Hejira" released in 1976 on Asylum Records.

Just listened to 2 college students on CNN who are going to vote for Hillary because Katy Perry & Miley Cyrus told them to.

We're toast.

1931-plymouth-002.jpg

Been on a '60's "Girl Group" kick lately. Here is one of the best from the genre: a compilation of The Ronettes rendition of Be My Baby from various TV appearances. (in stereo... crank it up and enjoy "the wall of sound")

Forum List

Back