What are you listening to?

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

The Pretty Things "Don't Bring Me Down" released in 1964 on 7" on Fontana Records, the B Side is "We'll Be Together"

This was released in 1964, the year Them formed, I once played this to someone and they said "Is this Them?" and I said "No, it's The Pretty Things, they formed before Them and Them just sounded like The Pretty Things"

Für Oosie

Peter Gabriel - Schock den Affen

One of the few examples of an Anglophone artist doing a rendering in another language, since the Beatles effectively put an end to the practice.

Last edited:
Stan Rogers - Mary Ellen Carter

For anyone who's faced adversity and lying traiters and who perseveres and succeeds :)

Forum List

Back