What are you listening to?

So much good music from the folk era...

500 Miles - a song that never fails to evoke intense longing. Peter Paul and Mary, a group with beautiful harmonies did one version and the second Leon and Eric Bibb, a father and son team :)

One of the seminal groups from the mid-60's British Invasion, The Animals left a musical legacy that far outlasted the few years that they were together. Their gritty blues-based sound owed a lot to their industrial Newcastle-on-Tyne roots, and exemplified by the booming voice of small-statured lead singer Eric Burdon, chalked up 10 top twenty hits in both the UK & USA charts.
This is one of their earliest hits, the video being from what I believe is an 1965 airing of Shindig, (note the trophy over the fireplace rocking out), paired with the sound from a BBC recording from the same era, (this avoids Eric's flubbed line at the first chorus). Enjoy the original Animals with It's My Life:

Barcelona Gipsy Klezmer Orchestra: Cigani Ljubiat Pesnji

The permanent members of BGKO are clarinetist Robindro Nikolić (Barcelona, Spain), accordionist Mattia Schirosa (Italy), double bassist Ivan Kovačević (Serbia), guitarist Julien Chanal (France), percussionist Stelios Togias (Greece), and vocalist Sandra Sangiao (Spain). BGKO also includes rotating nomad musicians, and the band reflects the style of the various artists that have been a part of it.​

Oh noes! Multiculturalism! RUN!!
hair-fire.gif

Barcelona makes me think of Maria del Mar Bonet (who is based there) -- "Bir Demet Yasemen"

Originally recorded on her LP Anells D'aigua (Rings of Water) with the Traditional Music Ensemble of Tunisia 1985

English lyrics (translated from Turkish) at the link

Forum List

Back