What are your thoughts on the NRA?

NRA yearly membership is 35 dollars I think and it can be gotten cheaper . For the cost you get a nice informative magazine , one choice out of 3 or 4 different magazines and the choice is the NRA members choice . Gunowners of America is about 20 buck a year and some people like them better . Me , I'm a member of both plus my State org plus the local gun club . At most it'd cost a new member about 55 dollars to join both NRA and GOA !!
Don't you realize that when the government wants to seize the guns, the first thing they will do is confiscate NRA membership lists for a list of gun owners
Not only is that true but its deliciously ironic as well :D

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

And more on how easy it is to get guns in Europe....

Getting a gun legally in Europe may be hard but terrorists have little trouble - The Washington Post

You can find Kalashnikovs for sale near the train station in Brussels,” acknowledged a Brussels-based European Union official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the record. “They’re available even to very average criminals.”

In the case of the Paris attackers, they were able to obtain an entire arsenal: AK-47 assault rifles, pistols, a Skorpion submachine gun and even a rocket-propelled-grenade launcher. All of it was purchased in Brussels for about $5,000, according to Belgian media reports.

And of course....they have criminal gangs too.....

The availability of such weapons in the heart of Western Europe isn’t new. The flood of high-powered weaponry began with the dissolution of the Soviet Union and continued through the 1990s as war raged across the Balkans. Many of the weapons from those periods are still circulating. They have lately been supplemented by an influx from the turmoil in North Africa, with weapons smuggled on ships across the Mediterranean.

The guns have been used primarily by criminal gangs that turn them on one another during periodic turf wars.
You are still talking perceptively smaller quantities of guns in circulation in Europe and a murder rate about one quarter of ours

That is the price you pay for a second amendment

No, again you are wrong....Europe had a lower murder rate before they had restrictive gun laws so you are wrong about that, and about the second amendment...

without the second Amendment Europe has a higher murder rate if you add in government murder.....they have a much higher murder rate when you add in government directed murder of it's own citizens.....something you anti gunners always ignore....that is what you get when the citizens have no arms, and the government has the will to commit mass murder...

and considering the nature of our gun murder rate.....8-9,000 gun murders a year, confined mainly to small multi block areas in large cities....the worst of which are under control of democrats.....in a country of over 320 million people, with over 320 million guns in private hands....

Take away the gun murders in these cities and our murder rate is close to if not better than Europe.....stay away from being a criminal and you don't have to worry about gun murder....without having to worry about our government acting like European genocidal government, or Mexican government teaming up with the drug cartels to murder our people....or arming one group of our people to murder the other group like Rwanda...because our people can defend themselves regardless of government intent....

Because we have a right to self defense.....even against our own government....
Because our Founders were smart enough to put the Second Amendment in writing......knowing that future gun grabbers would do their best to disarm us.....

What a ridiculous statement.......adding in Nazi Germany to the murder rate

Can you point to a single case where the Nazis were detered by anyone with a gun? Want to review what happened to armed citizens and their communities when they attempted to confront the Nazis?

I can think of all of Europe where the people didn't have guns....that didn't stop the nazis.......how about we try it the other way, by having people armed and then see if a foreign government can invade and round up it's citizens and send them to death camps.....let's try that this time and see if that changes things....

And as to armed citizens....who had no guns when the nazis invaded and then had to scrounge and work with hunting rifles and you expect to use that as an example to prove me wrong..........how about Switzerland....nazis didn't invade them did they........every home with a military rifle.......the point being when every home is armed, it is a lot harder to control them when you invade......if you even decide to try......

Ask the citizens of Mexico....they are disarmed by their government...the same government that works with the cartels to slaughter the citizens....they have had to come together in "Autodefensas" armed with scrounged up weapons to fight their corrupt government/police/cartel killers......today...across our border......imagine if they hadn't been disarmed by their government.....the cartels would have a much harder time murdering them....
You hold the same fantasy that many gun nuts hold.....that they could stop a modern miltary force with aircraft, armored vehicles, automatic weapons and modern training and tactics

OK tough guy......what will your response be when you take potshots at the Nazis and they respond by rounding up your family and torture, rape and execute theM?

See...this is what I mean when liberals think history starts when they wake up in the morning....we have been in Iraq and Afghanistan for well over 10 years now...we have all those things you say, tanks, drones, attack helicopters, jet bombers, navy seals, green berets, airborne......and yet.........we are the ones leaving...and the backward ass muslim terrorists are moving in to areas we used to control...because some of our people got tired of fighting and just decided to stop.........and that is against a rabble armed with second hand rifles, little to no training and just the will to keep keeping on until we left.....

Now....with over 320 million guns in private hands, an educated population, with quite a few trained combat vets, and other trained people....you can't see the problem with our government trying to exterminate certain sections of our population....that we would roll over and let them have their way without putting up half the fight of the muslim monsters in Iraq and Afghanistan.......really?

And.....the nazis did do that.......if fact they rounded up citizens in occupied countries and sent them to death camps for no reason other than their religion.........and you think it was better that they couldn't fight back and just had to board those trains....right? That if they had one gun for each citizen.....sort of like the Swiss who weren't invaded, and showed a willingness to kill every nazi in their country..........that wouldn't have made any difference.....really?

Well.....history, the first time....did it your way.....and over 12 million people were just murdered by the nazis.......

Soooooo....next time....I think I would like to see how our ideas work........since your way of doing things ( a completely disarmed population) really sucked......

You lefties are delusional...

NRA yearly membership is 35 dollars I think and it can be gotten cheaper . For the cost you get a nice informative magazine , one choice out of 3 or 4 different magazines and the choice is the NRA members choice . Gunowners of America is about 20 buck a year and some people like them better . Me , I'm a member of both plus my State org plus the local gun club . At most it'd cost a new member about 55 dollars to join both NRA and GOA !!
Don't you realize that when the government wants to seize the guns, the first thing they will do is confiscate NRA membership lists for a list of gun owners

Yeah....that will kind of be a big "Tell" don't you think....if they decide to get those lists.......that is why we don't want any registration.....it makes it harder to do just that........

and here you go BULLDOG , just a little info on Confiscation of guns in 'new york' state . Buffalo first but I hear that this kinda confiscation has been done for years in New York city . --- Cold dead hands Buffalo to seize guns from families following owners funerals Op-ed Pieces --- anyway , just check it out !!

Oh my.......Gun nuts are saying "THE'RE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS AFTER WE'RE DEAD!!!!" .............a new twist, but still not very original is it? You got a link that shows this is just more than just voices from inside the head of a gun nut?

Actually happens dipstick......

so , good message from this thread and its a long thread , might get longer . Message is that any 'pro gun' person sitting on their money rather than sending some small amount of money in support of NRA or GOA is either stupid or crazy . All the anti gun posts by these liberal , progressive democrat supporting anti gun posters should wake people up . Yep , just send a few bucks , become a NRA or GOA member and mess up the anti gunners goal of disarming Americans !!

And you are positive that my goal is to have my own guns confiscated? Another proof that gun nuts are just crazy.

Of course you don't want your guns confiscated....the anti gunners never want their guns confiscated....they want everyone elses confiscated.....look at the rich gun grabbers, bloomberg, snoop dog, liam neeson, bill gates........you can bet that they have the finest, best armed private security in the world.........they just want everyone else to be disarmed.......

Oh shut up. You're an idiot.

Hmmm...and here I though you were just a fucking moron...silly me........

gun owner or not NRA or GOA are good organizations 'hipetar' , plus there are other good gun Rights orgs . I'm not liberal but I contribute to ACLU because on some issues I , a conservative agree with the ACLU in some cases. Join up to help make GOA or NRA stronger , its pretty cheap and its good for America .

and here you go BULLDOG , just a little info on Confiscation of guns in 'new york' state . Buffalo first but I hear that this kinda confiscation has been done for years in New York city . --- Cold dead hands Buffalo to seize guns from families following owners funerals Op-ed Pieces --- anyway , just check it out !!

Oh my.......Gun nuts are saying "THE'RE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS AFTER WE'RE DEAD!!!!" .............a new twist, but still not very original is it? You got a link that shows this is just more than just voices from inside the head of a gun nut?

Actually happens dipstick......

LINK?

Bulldog and ilk are good for gun owners to see how they think , I mean Bulldogs posts show what he and ilk will do when they get the power . I am glad that he is here spewing his nefarious anti freedom thoughts .

You are still talking perceptively smaller quantities of guns in circulation in Europe and a murder rate about one quarter of ours

That is the price you pay for a second amendment

No, again you are wrong....Europe had a lower murder rate before they had restrictive gun laws so you are wrong about that, and about the second amendment...

without the second Amendment Europe has a higher murder rate if you add in government murder.....they have a much higher murder rate when you add in government directed murder of it's own citizens.....something you anti gunners always ignore....that is what you get when the citizens have no arms, and the government has the will to commit mass murder...

and considering the nature of our gun murder rate.....8-9,000 gun murders a year, confined mainly to small multi block areas in large cities....the worst of which are under control of democrats.....in a country of over 320 million people, with over 320 million guns in private hands....

Take away the gun murders in these cities and our murder rate is close to if not better than Europe.....stay away from being a criminal and you don't have to worry about gun murder....without having to worry about our government acting like European genocidal government, or Mexican government teaming up with the drug cartels to murder our people....or arming one group of our people to murder the other group like Rwanda...because our people can defend themselves regardless of government intent....

Because our Founders were smart enough to put the Second Amendment in writing......knowing that future gun grabbers would do their best to disarm us.....

Can you point to a single case where the Nazis were detered by anyone with a gun? Want to review what happened to armed citizens and their communities when they attempted to confront the Nazis?

I can think of all of Europe where the people didn't have guns....that didn't stop the nazis.......how about we try it the other way, by having people armed and then see if a foreign government can invade and round up it's citizens and send them to death camps.....let's try that this time and see if that changes things....

And as to armed citizens....who had no guns when the nazis invaded and then had to scrounge and work with hunting rifles and you expect to use that as an example to prove me wrong..........how about Switzerland....nazis didn't invade them did they........every home with a military rifle.......the point being when every home is armed, it is a lot harder to control them when you invade......if you even decide to try......

Ask the citizens of Mexico....they are disarmed by their government...the same government that works with the cartels to slaughter the citizens....they have had to come together in "Autodefensas" armed with scrounged up weapons to fight their corrupt government/police/cartel killers......today...across our border......imagine if they hadn't been disarmed by their government.....the cartels would have a much harder time murdering them....
You hold the same fantasy that many gun nuts hold.....that they could stop a modern miltary force with aircraft, armored vehicles, automatic weapons and modern training and tactics

OK tough guy......what will your response be when you take potshots at the Nazis and they respond by rounding up your family and torture, rape and execute theM?

See...this is what I mean when liberals think history starts when they wake up in the morning....we have been in Iraq and Afghanistan for well over 10 years now...we have all those things you say, tanks, drones, attack helicopters, jet bombers, navy seals, green berets, airborne......and yet.........we are the ones leaving...and the backward ass muslim terrorists are moving in to areas we used to control...because some of our people got tired of fighting and just decided to stop.........and that is against a rabble armed with second hand rifles, little to no training and just the will to keep keeping on until we left.....

Now....with over 320 million guns in private hands, an educated population, with quite a few trained combat vets, and other trained people....you can't see the problem with our government trying to exterminate certain sections of our population....that we would roll over and let them have their way without putting up half the fight of the muslim monsters in Iraq and Afghanistan.......really?

And.....the nazis did do that.......if fact they rounded up citizens in occupied countries and sent them to death camps for no reason other than their religion.........and you think it was better that they couldn't fight back and just had to board those trains....right? That if they had one gun for each citizen.....sort of like the Swiss who weren't invaded, and showed a willingness to kill every nazi in their country..........that wouldn't have made any difference.....really?

Well.....history, the first time....did it your way.....and over 12 million people were just murdered by the nazis.......

Soooooo....next time....I think I would like to see how our ideas work........since your way of doing things ( a completely disarmed population) really sucked......

Guy,

You need to take a course or two about history before lecturing others. The most obvious error that you made is that the Nazi's did not exterminate Jews because of religion. They killed them because of race. Second, the Nazi's had no interest whatsoever in invading Switzerland. They needed that country as a secure depository of their personal loot. Also, the terrain in Switzerland makes it not worth trying to conquer., not to mention that all they would have ended up with is a lot of chockalott and watches. If you think that history teaches us that European powers are afraid of the Swiss because they have rifles...well, that doesn't even deserve an argument. And the reason that we have not defeated Muslim extremists because we got tired of fighting is ludicrous. Like Vietnam, we had no business being there in the first place, and they took a certain amount of offense that we had invaded their countries.

Bulldog and ilk are good for gun owners to see how they think , I mean Bulldogs posts show what he and ilk will do when they get the power . I am glad that he is here spewing his nefarious anti freedom thoughts .

Asking for a link to verify your silly conspiracy theory is spewing nefarious anti freedom thoughts? That's goofier than most of the other goofy stuff you say.

I said that YOU [and ilk] are spewing nefarious anti freedom thinking , I have no link for that Bulldog but your very words in this thread are proof enough !!

Guy,

You need to take a course or two about history before lecturing others. The most obvious error that you made is that the Nazi's did not exterminate Jews because of religion. They killed them because of race. Second, the Nazi's had no interest whatsoever in invading Switzerland. They needed that country as a secure depository of their personal loot. Also, the terrain in Switzerland makes it not worth trying to conquer., not to mention that all they would have ended up with is a lot of chockalott and watches. If you think that history teaches us that European powers are afraid of the Swiss because they have rifles...well, that doesn't even deserve an argument. And the reason that we have not defeated Muslim extremists because we got tired of fighting is ludicrous. Like Vietnam, we had no business being there in the first place, and they took a certain amount of offense that we had invaded their countries.

I suggest you do your own study of history there. Hitler had Operation Tannenbaum in hand and was poised to enact it all the way up to 1944. Hitler hated the Swiss and it was only because of the actions of Canaris that the invasion never occurred.

"Although the German Army made ominous advances toward the Swiss border, the order to invade never came. Operation Tannenbaum was kept ready until 1944, when it was finally canceled. It is still unclear, given Hitler's continued furious tirades against the Swiss, the exact reasons why. Undoubtedly, the cost in men and materiel was a major factor. Weighed against the annoying Swiss state of neutrality, the Germans probably decided that half a loaf was better than none-- they could do business with the Swiss even while the Allies did the same. But Hitler had ordered actions before based more on his hatred than logic (for example, his order to General Paulus to fight in Stalingrad to the last man). Was there another factor? It appears that Admiral Wilhelm Canaris, head of German Military Intelligence (Abwehr) and a fierce anti-Nazi, embellished Switzerland's capabilities and will to resist. This may have persuaded Hitler to accept the status quo of Switzerland's neutrality. Canaris' various anti-Nazi activities, once discovered, would result in his execution just days before the end of the war."

About World War 2 Operation Tannenbaum-- The German Plan To Invade Switzerland
THE SWISS WERE PREPARED TO FIGHT FACISM TO THE BITTER END FRONTLINE PBS

I said that YOU [and ilk] are spewing nefarious anti freedom thinking , I have no link for that Bulldog but your very words in this thread are proof enough !!

Did the poor widdle gun nut get his feelings hurt?

no Sir , I am happy to see the tripe that you post and advocate !! Your talk is current talk in your own words and an example of anti gun thinking for all to see Bulldog .

The last time the Swiss were at war was 1847. I am sure that Germany respected their neutrality because of all those rifles they have over there (1870, 1914, 1939). Or, maybe Hitler was afraid of the Swiss air force and navy (not to mention those Swiss army knives). It is a wonder that the 9/11 terrorists were not frightened away by our 350 million guns in private hands in the USA.

Last edited:
The last time the Swiss were at war was 1847. I am sure that Germany respected their neutrality because of all those rifles they have over there (1870, 1914, 1939). Or, maybe Hitler was afraid of the Swiss air force and navy (not to mention those Swiss army knives). It is a wonder that the 9/11 terrorists were not frightened away by our 350 million guns in private hands in the USA.

You can spew your BS all you want but you were simply caught knowing nothing at all of what you were speaking. Typical for a blowhard such as you. The smart thing would have been to say "wow, I didn't know that. Thanks!"

Forum List

Back