What are your thoughts on the NRA?

The last time the Swiss were at war was 1847. I am sure that Germany respected their neutrality because of all those rifles they have over there (1870, 1914, 1939). Or, maybe Hitler was afraid of the Swiss air force and navy (not to mention those Swiss army knives). It is a wonder that the 9/11 terrorists were not frightened away by our 350 million guns in private hands in the USA.

You can spew your BS all you want but you were simply caught knowing nothing at all of what you were speaking. Typical for a blowhard such as you. The smart thing would have been to say "wow, I didn't know that. Thanks!"

Why would I say that, West? I have already said that I am not a liar. I see no reason to start being one now. Hitler considered invading Spain, too. Did he reframe from doing that because Spain had rifles?

Last edited:
The last time the Swiss were at war was 1847. I am sure that Germany respected their neutrality because of all those rifles they have over there (1870, 1914, 1939). Or, maybe Hitler was afraid of the Swiss air force and navy (not to mention those Swiss army knives). It is a wonder that the 9/11 terrorists were not frightened away by our 350 million guns in private hands in the USA.

You can spew your BS all you want but you were simply caught knowing nothing at all of what you were speaking. Typical for a blowhard such as you. The smart thing would have been to say "wow, I didn't know that. Thanks!"

Why would I say that, West? I have already said that I am not a liar.

You claimed that Hitler had no interest in invading Switzerland and I provided you with the evidence that proved that to be inaccurate. I did not say you lied. I stated you simply were ignorant of the facts. Big difference.

You claimed that Hitler had no interest in invading Switzerland and I provided you with the evidence that proved that to be inaccurate. I did not say you lied. I stated you simply were ignorant of the facts. Big difference.

And I did not say that you called me a liar, either, West.

Hitler had a slight interest in invading EVERYBODY. Swiss rifles certainly did not stop him from doing so. He made his decisions stickily based on practical post war considerations, and in the end, he decided that an independent Switzerland was in the best interest of post war Germany; a war, which, he expected to win.

S

And I did not say that you called me a liar, either, West.

Hitler had a slight interest in invading EVERYBODY. Swiss rifles certainly did not stop him from doing so. He made his decisions stickily based on practical post war considerations, and in the end, he decided that an independent Switzerland was in the best interest of post war Germany; a war, which, he expected to win.

The evidence says otherwise. Swiss rifles, and Canaris as head of the Abwher, did indeed deter Hitler from invading Switzerland.

No, again you are wrong....Europe had a lower murder rate before they had restrictive gun laws so you are wrong about that, and about the second amendment...

without the second Amendment Europe has a higher murder rate if you add in government murder.....they have a much higher murder rate when you add in government directed murder of it's own citizens.....something you anti gunners always ignore....that is what you get when the citizens have no arms, and the government has the will to commit mass murder...

and considering the nature of our gun murder rate.....8-9,000 gun murders a year, confined mainly to small multi block areas in large cities....the worst of which are under control of democrats.....in a country of over 320 million people, with over 320 million guns in private hands....

Take away the gun murders in these cities and our murder rate is close to if not better than Europe.....stay away from being a criminal and you don't have to worry about gun murder....without having to worry about our government acting like European genocidal government, or Mexican government teaming up with the drug cartels to murder our people....or arming one group of our people to murder the other group like Rwanda...because our people can defend themselves regardless of government intent....

Because we have a right to self defense.....even against our own government....
Because our Founders were smart enough to put the Second Amendment in writing......knowing that future gun grabbers would do their best to disarm us.....

What a ridiculous statement.......adding in Nazi Germany to the murder rate

Can you point to a single case where the Nazis were detered by anyone with a gun? Want to review what happened to armed citizens and their communities when they attempted to confront the Nazis?

I can think of all of Europe where the people didn't have guns....that didn't stop the nazis.......how about we try it the other way, by having people armed and then see if a foreign government can invade and round up it's citizens and send them to death camps.....let's try that this time and see if that changes things....

And as to armed citizens....who had no guns when the nazis invaded and then had to scrounge and work with hunting rifles and you expect to use that as an example to prove me wrong..........how about Switzerland....nazis didn't invade them did they........every home with a military rifle.......the point being when every home is armed, it is a lot harder to control them when you invade......if you even decide to try......

Ask the citizens of Mexico....they are disarmed by their government...the same government that works with the cartels to slaughter the citizens....they have had to come together in "Autodefensas" armed with scrounged up weapons to fight their corrupt government/police/cartel killers......today...across our border......imagine if they hadn't been disarmed by their government.....the cartels would have a much harder time murdering them....
You hold the same fantasy that many gun nuts hold.....that they could stop a modern miltary force with aircraft, armored vehicles, automatic weapons and modern training and tactics

OK tough guy......what will your response be when you take potshots at the Nazis and they respond by rounding up your family and torture, rape and execute theM?

See...this is what I mean when liberals think history starts when they wake up in the morning....we have been in Iraq and Afghanistan for well over 10 years now...we have all those things you say, tanks, drones, attack helicopters, jet bombers, navy seals, green berets, airborne......and yet.........we are the ones leaving...and the backward ass muslim terrorists are moving in to areas we used to control...because some of our people got tired of fighting and just decided to stop.........and that is against a rabble armed with second hand rifles, little to no training and just the will to keep keeping on until we left.....

Now....with over 320 million guns in private hands, an educated population, with quite a few trained combat vets, and other trained people....you can't see the problem with our government trying to exterminate certain sections of our population....that we would roll over and let them have their way without putting up half the fight of the muslim monsters in Iraq and Afghanistan.......really?

And.....the nazis did do that.......if fact they rounded up citizens in occupied countries and sent them to death camps for no reason other than their religion.........and you think it was better that they couldn't fight back and just had to board those trains....right? That if they had one gun for each citizen.....sort of like the Swiss who weren't invaded, and showed a willingness to kill every nazi in their country..........that wouldn't have made any difference.....really?

Well.....history, the first time....did it your way.....and over 12 million people were just murdered by the nazis.......

Soooooo....next time....I think I would like to see how our ideas work........since your way of doing things ( a completely disarmed population) really sucked......

You lefties are delusional...

Guy,

You need to take a course or two about history before lecturing others. The most obvious error that you made is that the Nazi's did not exterminate Jews because of religion. They killed them because of race. Second, the Nazi's had no interest whatsoever in invading Switzerland. They needed that country as a secure depository of their personal loot. Also, the terrain in Switzerland makes it not worth trying to conquer., not to mention that all they would have ended up with is a lot of chockalott and watches. If you think that history teaches us that European powers are afraid of the Swiss because they have rifles...well, that doesn't even deserve an argument. And the reason that we have not defeated Muslim extremists because we got tired of fighting is ludicrous. Like Vietnam, we had no business being there in the first place, and they took a certain amount of offense that we had invaded their countries.

Okay...here is your history lesson from a left wing source....so you can't bitch and moan about Fox News or Rush Limbaugh.........here is PBS telling you that Switzerland was armed to the teeth and willing to fight....

THE SWISS WERE PREPARED TO FIGHT FACISM TO THE BITTER END FRONTLINE PBS

The 1940 Nazi invasion plan, Operation Tannenbaum, was not executed, and SS Oberst Hermann Bohme's 1943 memorandum warned that an invasion of Switzerland would be too costly because every man was armed and trained to shoot. This did not stop the Gestapo from preparing lists of Swiss to be liquidated once the Nazis overran the country.

The other European nations were easily toppled and had little means to wage a partisan war against the occupation. Once their standing armies were defeated, the governments capitulated and the populaces were defenseless.

so...as in all things you are wrong and you are confirmed in being wrong by a left wing source that you anti gun nuts worship....since the source is an arm of the democrat party and big government.......

Can you point to a single case where the Nazis were detered by anyone with a gun? Want to review what happened to armed citizens and their communities when they attempted to confront the Nazis?

I can think of all of Europe where the people didn't have guns....that didn't stop the nazis.......how about we try it the other way, by having people armed and then see if a foreign government can invade and round up it's citizens and send them to death camps.....let's try that this time and see if that changes things....

And as to armed citizens....who had no guns when the nazis invaded and then had to scrounge and work with hunting rifles and you expect to use that as an example to prove me wrong..........how about Switzerland....nazis didn't invade them did they........every home with a military rifle.......the point being when every home is armed, it is a lot harder to control them when you invade......if you even decide to try......

Ask the citizens of Mexico....they are disarmed by their government...the same government that works with the cartels to slaughter the citizens....they have had to come together in "Autodefensas" armed with scrounged up weapons to fight their corrupt government/police/cartel killers......today...across our border......imagine if they hadn't been disarmed by their government.....the cartels would have a much harder time murdering them....
You hold the same fantasy that many gun nuts hold.....that they could stop a modern miltary force with aircraft, armored vehicles, automatic weapons and modern training and tactics

OK tough guy......what will your response be when you take potshots at the Nazis and they respond by rounding up your family and torture, rape and execute theM?

See...this is what I mean when liberals think history starts when they wake up in the morning....we have been in Iraq and Afghanistan for well over 10 years now...we have all those things you say, tanks, drones, attack helicopters, jet bombers, navy seals, green berets, airborne......and yet.........we are the ones leaving...and the backward ass muslim terrorists are moving in to areas we used to control...because some of our people got tired of fighting and just decided to stop.........and that is against a rabble armed with second hand rifles, little to no training and just the will to keep keeping on until we left.....

Now....with over 320 million guns in private hands, an educated population, with quite a few trained combat vets, and other trained people....you can't see the problem with our government trying to exterminate certain sections of our population....that we would roll over and let them have their way without putting up half the fight of the muslim monsters in Iraq and Afghanistan.......really?

And.....the nazis did do that.......if fact they rounded up citizens in occupied countries and sent them to death camps for no reason other than their religion.........and you think it was better that they couldn't fight back and just had to board those trains....right? That if they had one gun for each citizen.....sort of like the Swiss who weren't invaded, and showed a willingness to kill every nazi in their country..........that wouldn't have made any difference.....really?

Well.....history, the first time....did it your way.....and over 12 million people were just murdered by the nazis.......

Soooooo....next time....I think I would like to see how our ideas work........since your way of doing things ( a completely disarmed population) really sucked......

Guy,

You need to take a course or two about history before lecturing others. The most obvious error that you made is that the Nazi's did not exterminate Jews because of religion. They killed them because of race. Second, the Nazi's had no interest whatsoever in invading Switzerland. They needed that country as a secure depository of their personal loot. Also, the terrain in Switzerland makes it not worth trying to conquer., not to mention that all they would have ended up with is a lot of chockalott and watches. If you think that history teaches us that European powers are afraid of the Swiss because they have rifles...well, that doesn't even deserve an argument. And the reason that we have not defeated Muslim extremists because we got tired of fighting is ludicrous. Like Vietnam, we had no business being there in the first place, and they took a certain amount of offense that we had invaded their countries.

Okay...here is your history lesson from a left wing source....so you can't bitch and moan about Fox News or Rush Limbaugh.........here is PBS telling you that Switzerland was armed to the teeth and willing to fight....

The 1940 Nazi invasion plan, Operation Tannenbaum, was not executed, and SS Oberst Hermann Bohme's 1943 memorandum warned that an invasion of Switzerland would be too costly because every man was armed and trained to shoot. This did not stop the Gestapo from preparing lists of Swiss to be liquidated once the Nazis overran the country.

The other European nations were easily toppled and had little means to wage a partisan war against the occupation. Once their standing armies were defeated, the governments capitulated and the populaces were defenseless.

so...as in all things you are wrong and you are confirmed in being wrong by a left wing source that you anti gun nuts worship....since the source is an arm of the democrat party and big government.......

so yes......an armed citizenry is a deterrent against invasion and genocide.....since you can see the nazis planned on murdering the Swiss with as much vigor as they murdered other people under their occupation, but because the Swiss had guns in every home, they stopped the invasion......so screw you anti gun nuts......freedom depends on guns.....that is why we support the 2nd Amendment...we understand the examples we are taught though history and the truth about humans as taught through understanding history......for us, history does not start when we wake up in the morning....

More from the PBS article....and why you anti gun nuts are silly to think that Americans would be helpless against our own government........

Only in Switzerland was the entire populace armed and prepared to wage a relentless guerrilla war against an invader.
When the war began in 1939, Switzerland mobilized 435,000 citizen soldiers out of a population of 4.2 million. Production figures for Swiss service rifles, which had firepower equal to those of the Germans, demonstrate an ample supply of small arms.
Swiss militiamen were instructed to disregard any alleged "official" surrender as enemy propaganda and, if necessary, to fight individually. This meant that a nation of sharpshooters would be sniping at German soldiers at long ranges from every mountain.

While neutral, Switzerland was prepared to fight a Nazi invasion to the end. The celebrated Swiss Gen. Henri Guisan developed the strategy known as defense du reduit--an initial opposition followed by a retreat into the Alps, where a relentless war to the death would be waged. Most Swiss strongly opposed Nazism. Death sentences were issued for fifth-column activities, and proclamations against anti-Semitism were passed at various official levels. There was no Holocaust on Swiss soil, something that can not be said for France, the Netherlands, Poland or most of Europe.

You anti gunners are so wrong on so many things...and you never learn....

what was that they said in the article.......

When the war began in 1939, Switzerland mobilized 435,000 citizen soldiers out of a population of 4.2 million. Production figures for Swiss service rifles, which had firepower equal to those of the Germans, demonstrate an ample supply of small arms.
Swiss militiamen were instructed to disregard any alleged "official" surrender as enemy propaganda and, if necessary, to fight individually. This meant that a nation of sharpshooters would be sniping at German soldiers at long ranges from every mountain.

Try to read this carefully.....you might actually learn something that is true, and actually happened Vandal.....

Last edited:
so.....a disarmed Europe was invaded by the Germans and large numbers of their population were sent to death camps...and while hitter hated the Swiss....they held him off because..............they were armed to the teeth and ready to fight back..........

they had lots of guns.............military guns............

I know...you guys are now going to say....but....but.....you gun nuts are nuts to think that will ever happen here..........and for the most part you would be right....we believe in the rule of law and checks and balances....but we live now, not 20, 30, 50 years from now...and our descendants may not be as lucky as we are....and we have no fucking right to disarm them because we are fat and happy now..........

And what does PBS say....

There was no Holocaust on Swiss soil, something that can not be said for France, the Netherlands, Poland or most of Europe.

guns insure freedom...when they are in the hands of freedom loving people.......

You are still talking perceptively smaller quantities of guns in circulation in Europe and a murder rate about one quarter of ours

That is the price you pay for a second amendment

No, again you are wrong....Europe had a lower murder rate before they had restrictive gun laws so you are wrong about that, and about the second amendment...

without the second Amendment Europe has a higher murder rate if you add in government murder.....they have a much higher murder rate when you add in government directed murder of it's own citizens.....something you anti gunners always ignore....that is what you get when the citizens have no arms, and the government has the will to commit mass murder...

and considering the nature of our gun murder rate.....8-9,000 gun murders a year, confined mainly to small multi block areas in large cities....the worst of which are under control of democrats.....in a country of over 320 million people, with over 320 million guns in private hands....

Take away the gun murders in these cities and our murder rate is close to if not better than Europe.....stay away from being a criminal and you don't have to worry about gun murder....without having to worry about our government acting like European genocidal government, or Mexican government teaming up with the drug cartels to murder our people....or arming one group of our people to murder the other group like Rwanda...because our people can defend themselves regardless of government intent....

Because we have a right to self defense.....even against our own government....
Because our Founders were smart enough to put the Second Amendment in writing......knowing that future gun grabbers would do their best to disarm us.....

Such fantasies.......better not try to take my gun
Happens all the time and the guy with the gun ends up dead

No, you would not have stopped the Nazis if you had armed civilians. It took two invading forces to do that. Armed civilians are an annoyance, they are not a defense

There was no Holocaust on Swiss soil, something that can not be said for France, the Netherlands, Poland or most of Europe.

guns insure freedom...when they are in the hands of freedom loving people.......
You really think the Nazis were afraid of the Swiss?
You are delusional

Guy,

so yes......an armed citizenry is a deterrent against invasion and genocide.....since you can see the nazis planned on murdering the Swiss with as much vigor as they murdered other people under their occupation, but because the Swiss had guns in every home, they stopped the invasion......so screw you anti gun nuts......freedom depends on guns.....that is why we support the 2nd Amendment...we understand the examples we are taught though history and the truth about humans as taught through understanding history......for us, history does not start when we wake up in the morning....

How many AR15s does it take to equal 1 Blackhawk Helicopter?

Well....one......And a bullet for each crew member when they are at the local bar.......so again.....if our government ever turned on our people, it would not be an easy thing if our people are armed....that is why you anti gun nuts are so short sighted.....you live today, fat and happy and safe behind our Constitutional Protections and he Bill Of Rights...but you want to take away the best safe guard to those rights....firearms in the hands of citizens.....

You really think the Nazis were afraid of the Swiss?
You are delusional

I don't think it....I know it from PBS who cited the actual nazis......it would have cost too much to invade because they were armed and ready to fight a guerrilla war........

do you guys never read history...or examine human nature?

Well....one......And a bullet for each crew member when they are at the local bar.......so again.....if our government ever turned on our people, it would not be an easy thing if our people are armed....that is why you anti gun nuts are so short sighted.....you live today, fat and happy and safe behind our Constitutional Protections and he Bill Of Rights...but you want to take away the best safe guard to those rights....firearms in the hands of citizens.....

No you idiot. Our system of government is the best safe guard to our rights. Playing cowboys and Indians like you want to do is jut childish. Silly bravado doesn't work in real life like it does in the movies.

What are your thoughts on the NRA?

we have gone from the NRA to Hitler, to Switzerland and some fool asking;
How many AR15s does it take to equal 1 Blackhawk Helicopter?

why don't liberfools stop their lying about everything related to guns, i thougt this was settled around this time frame,

April 19, 1775AD – September 3, 1783AD

No you idiot. Our system of government is the best safe guard to our rights. Playing cowboys and Indians like you want to do is jut childish. Silly bravado doesn't work in real life like it does in the movies.

Yes...tell that to the French under nazi occupation....

The Constitution and Bill of Rights only work when the government is forced to obey them.......moron.......all it takes is the will to kill by the government and your safeguards on paper mean nothing........that is why the First and Second Amendments are so important....and why the left hates them...

NRA is playing you people like a cheap fiddle :boohoo::rofl:

You mean like the way that Jonathan Gruber said Obama was playing you Moon Bats?

I would dump the NRA if they did not deliver on the things that I care about. For instance, they delivered the other day by stopping this ATF foolishness with the M-855 ammo. They delivered by punishing the members of Congress that voted for the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. They delivered when they influenced the people of Tennessee and several other states not to vote for Al Gore. They are working hard now to get a national carry permit laws passed, which is a very good thing. The list of good things they do is very long.

Since I am a NRA Certified Firearms Instructor and a Certified Range Officer I greatly appreciate the work they do to promote firearms safety and responsibility.

If anyone is being duped it is you Moon Bats believing all the anti gun nut crap that the Liberals spew out all the time. How about believing in the Bill of Rights for a change?

Forum List

Back