What are your thoughts on the NRA?

NRA yearly membership is 35 dollars I think and it can be gotten cheaper . For the cost you get a nice informative magazine , one choice out of 3 or 4 different magazines and the choice is the NRA members choice . Gunowners of America is about 20 buck a year and some people like them better . Me , I'm a member of both plus my State org plus the local gun club . At most it'd cost a new member about 55 dollars to join both NRA and GOA !!
Don't you realize that when the government wants to seize the guns, the first thing they will do is confiscate NRA membership lists for a list of gun owners

I'm not concerned with that Rightwinger , I'm not hiding from anyone !! Course I do like your kinda admitting that gov may someday confiscate guns . What , don't you trust your American government or do you encourage or hope for gun confiscation here in the USA ??

I'm not concerned with that Rightwinger , I'm not hiding from anyone !! Course I do like your kinda admitting that gov may someday confiscate guns . What , don't you trust your American government or do you encourage or hope for gun confiscation here in the USA ??
It's not a question of if, but when

When the day comes for Obama to take your guns, he will use NRA membership roles to find out who the gun owners are

Wouldn't catch me belonging to the NRA, they are in cahoots with Obama. It is part of his master plan

Wouldn't do them much good...plenty of gun owners are not members, and plenty of members AREN'T gun owners!
Keep telling yourself that gunowners

Obama will look for your NRA membership and which websites you visit and will know just who the gun owners are

I own 5 guns. Oddly enough, I have never felt a real need to own a 100 round ammo drum.
So...? That means the rest of us should not be able to own one?
I guess I am just naïve.
No... you're a narcissist, believing that what you think need is the limit to what everyone else should be allowed to have.
Also, I passed the background check for joining the sheriff's auxiliary. Apparently that puts me into some sort of elite group that most law abiding guns owners could not meet, so the NRA must protect their rights.
Look! A lie!

Shooter, I don't put up with people in real life who call me a liar, and I have even less respect for some immature coward to call me a liar on an anonymous message board. You are on "ignore'.

Grow up.

I was a member for decades. Quit when their focus was shifted from safe enjoyable use of guns to anything it takes to sell more guns.
This is dis-informative agitprop.

Even the most adamant gun enthusiast knows there are some people who should never have a gun.
And the most adamant opponents to the NRA are fully aware that the NRA has never been opposed to any reasonable gun control legislation that would actually be effective for preventing such people from having a gun.

The NRA is opposed to all of those gun control regulations that are patently designed to be barriers to everyone else having a gun.

The NRA fights every effort to protect the public from crazies with guns.
Nonsense. This has never happened.

The NRA has fought every effort to disarm the people who are the targets violent sociopaths.

I would hope that some day I can rejoin, but that doesn't look like it will be any time soon.
I won't join, because folks like you will find inventive ways to put people interested in protecting their natural, civil, and constitutionally protected rights on some terrorist watchlist...because they're "crazies."

Full of shit aren't you there, buddy?

and here you go BULLDOG , just a little info on Confiscation of guns in 'new york' state . Buffalo first but I hear that this kinda confiscation has been done for years in New York city . --- Cold dead hands Buffalo to seize guns from families following owners funerals Op-ed Pieces --- anyway , just check it out !!

Oh my.......Gun nuts are saying "THE'RE COMING TO GET OUR GUNS AFTER WE'RE DEAD!!!!" .............a new twist, but still not very original is it? You got a link that shows this is just more than just voices from inside the head of a gun nut?

You're throwing that word around a lot....
That's because you do it a lot. You admitted it. In this tread.
and I have just ignored it as the ranting of another crazy gun nut...
Because you lie to yourself as well.
but what exactly do you think I lied about,
Give you a hint -- its followed by me mentioning that you're lying. Lots of examples, in this thread.
and when do you think I might have admitted to that?
Post 318.
I ask why you lie to us, you give your reason.
Thus, your admission.
:dunno:
I think I figured out where the short is in your pathetic little brain. I tried to decode your meaning for your repeated term "like like" and obviously assigned a meaning that was more sane, but not what you intended. I suggest you proof read your posts from now on instead of writing unintelligible drivel and hoping someone can figure out what you are trying to say.
:lol:
You lie, you admitted you lied, and you know it.
^^^ ? An average second grader can do better.
Which means, of course, you have no hope of showing my my claim that he admitted he lied is false.

Your claim is ridiculous, but if that is the only thing you have to feel good about then good for you.

so , good message from this thread and its a long thread , might get longer . Message is that any 'pro gun' person sitting on their money rather than sending some small amount of money in support of NRA or GOA is either stupid or crazy . All the anti gun posts by these liberal , progressive democrat supporting anti gun posters should wake people up . Yep , just send a few bucks , become a NRA or GOA member and mess up the anti gunners goal of disarming Americans !!

And you are positive that my goal is to have my own guns confiscated? Another proof that gun nuts are just crazy.

Of course you don't want your guns confiscated....the anti gunners never want their guns confiscated....they want everyone elses confiscated.....look at the rich gun grabbers, bloomberg, snoop dog, liam neeson, bill gates........you can bet that they have the finest, best armed private security in the world.........they just want everyone else to be disarmed.......

Oh shut up. You're an idiot.

its THEFT Bulldog , and just an example of that government theft mostly meant to disarm Americans . He11 , normally the old man dies and then the oldest son gets the guns . Course , It could be the oldest daughter but in my family it was the oldest son !!

yeah , Bulldog , thanks for your replies . I like them as they keep the thread going and I and other posters learn more about YOU anti gunners !!

This is what the NRA knows and the left hides, it's how disarming the country eventually will work:

A violent act is committed with a gun.

More gun control is introduced, law abiding gun owners are the only ones affected by the law, so rights and liberties are eroded.

Another violent act is committed with a gun.

More gun control is introduced, law abiding gun owners are the only ones affected by the law, so rights and liberties are eroded.

This continues until one of two things happen; either guns are removed from the possession of Americans, or due to regulations, it is no longer practical for a private citizen to own a gun.

Anyone who doesn't understand this truth is either dangerously naive, or an idiot.

Just because they aren't knocking on your door today, doesn't mean gun confiscation isn't the end game.

Anybody who does fall for those conspiracy theories is stupid.

So which column do I put you in, naive or idiot?

BIGFOOT SIGHTING SOUTH OF TOWN!!!!!! Better hurry, you don't want to miss it.

I was a member for decades. Quit when their focus was shifted from safe enjoyable use of guns to anything it takes to sell more guns.
This is dis-informative agitprop.

Even the most adamant gun enthusiast knows there are some people who should never have a gun.
And the most adamant opponents to the NRA are fully aware that the NRA has never been opposed to any reasonable gun control legislation that would actually be effective for preventing such people from having a gun.

The NRA is opposed to all of those gun control regulations that are patently designed to be barriers to everyone else having a gun.

The NRA fights every effort to protect the public from crazies with guns.
Nonsense. This has never happened.

The NRA has fought every effort to disarm the people who are the targets violent sociopaths.

I would hope that some day I can rejoin, but that doesn't look like it will be any time soon.
I won't join, because folks like you will find inventive ways to put people interested in protecting their natural, civil, and constitutionally protected rights on some terrorist watchlist...because they're "crazies."

Full of shit aren't you there, buddy?
Nope.

All of this is a lie.
Well, except the 5-4 part, which is meaningless.
What part is a lie?
The part where you said:
"Any honest reading of te Second Amendment ties it directly to a well regulated Militia"
The NRA is a terrorist organization, and its members and supporters are terrorists.
This is, of course, a lie.
It is my opinion that "The NRA is a terrorist organization, and its members and supporters are terrorists." An opinion is not an attempt to mislead, a lie is, as any middle school graduate knows.
You did not make a statement opinion, you made a statement of fact.
When you add "in my opinion", which you did not previously do, you then make a statement of opinion - as any middle school dropout knows.
It is also my opinion that you are freaking dumb. as well as dishonest.
Which is why you always run away from the challenges I present to you, tail tucked between your legs.
Well, maybe a middle schooler, but by the time one has completed their Freshman year at the University, that truth ain't so.
As if you have either experience.
Fact of the matter is your claim is baseless and you know it.

The part where you said:
"Any honest reading of te Second Amendment ties it directly to a well regulated Militia"
This is, of course, a lie.

It is my opinion that "The NRA is a terrorist organization, and its members and supporters are terrorists." An opinion is not an attempt to mislead, a lie is, as any middle school graduate knows.

It is also my opinion that you are freaking dumb. as well as dishonest.

Well then I must be a terrorist too. Are black and white the only colors you see?

Of course, if you are a dues paying member of a terrorist organization, that conclusion follows logically. Now, if you understand rhetoric, and the use of hyperbole, you might dismiss my opinion as simply a rhetorical device used to make a point, not to prove an allegation.

Does that help, or do you need a tissue?

There's plenty of stupid rhetoric on this forum already, why contribute to the problem?

My use of rhetoric isn't stupid, maybe you don't understand the essence of rhetoric:

Rhetoric is language that is intended to influence people and that may not be honest or reasonable; it is the art or skill of speaking or writing formally and effectively, especially as a way to persuade or influence people.
Snicker...
Honest and reasonable people are only persuaded/influenced by honest and reasonable rhetoric.
Who do you hope to persuade/influence with the BS you spew?

I own 5 guns. Oddly enough, I have never felt a real need to own a 100 round ammo drum.
So...? That means the rest of us should not be able to own one?
I guess I am just naïve.
No... you're a narcissist, believing that what you think need is the limit to what everyone else should be allowed to have.
Also, I passed the background check for joining the sheriff's auxiliary. Apparently that puts me into some sort of elite group that most law abiding guns owners could not meet, so the NRA must protect their rights.
Look! A lie!
Shooter, I don't put up with people in real life who call me a liar, and I have even less respect for some immature coward to call me a liar on an anonymous message board. You are on "ignore'.
Grow up.
Tuck that tail real tight as you run away.

That's because you do it a lot. You admitted it. In this tread.
Because you lie to yourself as well.
Give you a hint -- its followed by me mentioning that you're lying. Lots of examples, in this thread.
Post 318.
I ask why you lie to us, you give your reason.
Thus, your admission.
:dunno:
I think I figured out where the short is in your pathetic little brain. I tried to decode your meaning for your repeated term "like like" and obviously assigned a meaning that was more sane, but not what you intended. I suggest you proof read your posts from now on instead of writing unintelligible drivel and hoping someone can figure out what you are trying to say.
You lie, you admitted you lied, and you know it.
^^^ ? An average second grader can do better.
Which means, of course, you have no hope of showing my my claim that he admitted he lied is false.
Your claim is ridiculous, but if that is the only thing you have to feel good about then good for you.
Says the admitted liar.

Forum List

Back