What are your thoughts on the NRA?

nra is playing the 2nd amendment clingers here for rubes lol

4xnwdNd.jpg

Funny and O so TRUE. The only people who claim confiscation is on the agenda of all liberals are those Lincoln had in mind when he said, "you can fool some of the people all of the time". The NRA has profited well from those fools..

What part is a lie?
The part where you said:
"Any honest reading of te Second Amendment ties it directly to a well regulated Militia"
The NRA is a terrorist organization, and its members and supporters are terrorists.
This is, of course, a lie.

It is my opinion that "The NRA is a terrorist organization, and its members and supporters are terrorists." An opinion is not an attempt to mislead, a lie is, as any middle school graduate knows.

It is also my opinion that you are freaking dumb. as well as dishonest.

Well then I must be a terrorist too. Are black and white the only colors you see?

Of course, if you are a dues paying member of a terrorist organization, that conclusion follows logically. Now, if you understand rhetoric, and the use of hyperbole, you might dismiss my opinion as simply a rhetorical device used to make a point, not to prove an allegation.

Does that help, or do you need a tissue?

There's plenty of stupid rhetoric on this forum already, why contribute to the problem?

My use of rhetoric isn't stupid, maybe you don't understand the essence of rhetoric:

Rhetoric is language that is intended to influence people and that may not be honest or reasonable; it is the art or skill of speaking or writing formally and effectively, especially as a way to persuade or influence people.

Feel free to argue with me, but don't use words like stupid or idiotic. Only those who have no formal higher education usually default to such a response, though some with a University Degree and beyond sometimes name call out of frustration.

they have confiscated guns in 'england' Wrycatcher' , most of the world has no where near the guns or types of guns or gun freedoms that the USA has , Its best to fund the NRA , GOA as insurance against the attempts by libs , progressives and dems to regulate , restrict and someday confiscate guns in the USA . He11 , they had handguns in England until the handguns were confiscated in 1998 . I'll get some video of the Confiscation if I can .

Last edited:
The part where you said:
"Any honest reading of te Second Amendment ties it directly to a well regulated Militia"
This is, of course, a lie.

It is my opinion that "The NRA is a terrorist organization, and its members and supporters are terrorists." An opinion is not an attempt to mislead, a lie is, as any middle school graduate knows.

Well then I must be a terrorist too. Are black and white the only colors you see?

Of course, if you are a dues paying member of a terrorist organization, that conclusion follows logically. Now, if you understand rhetoric, and the use of hyperbole, you might dismiss my opinion as simply a rhetorical device used to make a point, not to prove an allegation.

There's plenty of stupid rhetoric on this forum already, why contribute to the problem?

My use of rhetoric isn't stupid, maybe you don't understand the essence of rhetoric:

Rhetoric is language that is intended to influence people and that may not be honest or reasonable; it is the art or skill of speaking or writing formally and effectively, especially as a way to persuade or influence people.

Feel free to argue with me, but don't use words like stupid or idiotic. Only those who have no formal higher education default to such a response,

That certainly is an interesting interpretation. By contrast, I've always considered bull shit to be the essence of rhetoric.

"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands"

"For the next six months,Al Gore is going to smear you as the enemy. He will slander you as gun-toting, knuckle-dragging, bloodthirsty maniacs who stand in the way of a safer America. Will you remain silent? I will not remain silent. If we are going to stop this, then it is vital to every law-abiding gun owner in America to register to vote and show up at the polls on Election Day.

"So, as we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed, and especially for you, Mr. Gore: 'From my cold, dead hands"

A phrase used by the president of the NRA in 2000, and clearly a thinly veiled threat, to every legislator, law enforcement officer and citizen that gun control was off the table, and any effort to control gun ownership in America would be met with armed resistance.

Of course every gun control thread brings forth the same mentality, and their anger is palatable. Yes gun nuts, the NRA is a terrorist organization, and those of you so angry with any discussion of gun control are terrorists.

You made a difference.

I just sent $100 each to the NRA and GOAL.

Yes gun nuts, the NRA is a terrorist organization, and those of you so angry with any discussion of gun control are terrorists.
This nothing but another authority-hugging chucklehead declaring that anyone who is serious about defending our natural, civil, and constitutionally protected rights is a terrorist; that any organization dedicated to such goals is a terrorist organization.

Yes gun nuts, the NRA is a terrorist organization, and those of you so angry with any discussion of gun control are terrorists.
This nothing but another authority-hugging chucklehead declaring that anyone who is serious about defending our natural, civil, and constitutionally protected rights is a terrorist; that any organization dedicated to such goals is a terrorist organization.

What would you expect from an avowed fascist?

they have confiscated guns in 'england' Wrycatcher' , most of the world has no where near the guns or types of guns or gun freedoms that the USA has , Its best to fund the NRA , GOA as insurance against the attempts by libs , progressives and dems to regulate , restrict and someday confiscate guns in the USA . He11 , they had handguns in England until the handguns were confiscated in 1998 . I'll get some video of the Confiscation if I can .

Last time I looked we drive on the right side of the road (that is, we are not England).

Feel free to argue with me, but don't use words like stupid or idiotic. Only those who have no formal higher education default to such a response,

That certainly is an interesting interpretation. By contrast, I've always considered bull shit to be the essence of rhetoric.

That does fit a middle school mentality, thus I'm not surprised.

"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands"

"For the next six months,Al Gore is going to smear you as the enemy. He will slander you as gun-toting, knuckle-dragging, bloodthirsty maniacs who stand in the way of a safer America. Will you remain silent? I will not remain silent. If we are going to stop this, then it is vital to every law-abiding gun owner in America to register to vote and show up at the polls on Election Day.

"So, as we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed, and especially for you, Mr. Gore: 'From my cold, dead hands"

A phrase used by the president of the NRA in 2000, and clearly a thinly veiled threat, to every legislator, law enforcement officer and citizen that gun control was off the table, and any effort to control gun ownership in America would be met with armed resistance.

Of course every gun control thread brings forth the same mentality, and their anger is palatable. Yes gun nuts, the NRA is a terrorist organization, and those of you so angry with any discussion of gun control are terrorists.

You made a difference.

I just sent $100 each to the NRA and GOAL.

It's good to support those things you believe in, good for you.

What would you expect from an avowed fascist?

Whose a fascist, and what do you mean when you call someone a fascist? It's my opinion, based on the posts I've read, that most people who call others fascists, have not a clue, and use the term solely as a pejorative.

Last time I looked we drive on the right side of the road (that is, we are not England).
and I just noticed , you are a San Tran' type ehh 'WRY' ?? Probably a dyed in the wool lib , progressive and Boxer , Feinstein , Brown fan . Reason for the comparison or mention of England is because some of you guys might want to go the way that they went . The example England just points out that the English had handguns but then they were confiscated . Course the elite and gov , plus criminals of England still have handguns and all manner of guns but the taxpayers do not .

we know how things for gunowners are in Cali Wry and its pretty pizz poor . Do you even allow a gun store in san fran ??

The *cough* "organization" is "dedicated" to making money off of rubes who live in perpetual fear :thup:

NRA is 'Great' dot com , everyone needs to make a few bucks and I as a member don't mind !!

The *cough* "organization" is "dedicated" to making money off of rubes who live in perpetual fear :thup:
Really? Your not referring to MDA, Everytown, CSGV, and the like?

Demonstrate your claim.

NRA yearly membership is 35 dollars I think and it can be gotten cheaper . For the cost you get a nice informative magazine , one choice out of 3 or 4 different magazines and the choice is the NRA members choice . Gunowners of America is about 20 buck a year and some people like them better . Me , I'm a member of both plus my State org plus the local gun club . At most it'd cost a new member about 55 dollars to join both NRA and GOA !!

Japan and South Korea have a cultural tradition of suicide

Why don't you compare our numbers to Canada?

US has 300 million guns.....you tring to bulshit us that Europe has similar access to guns?

And more on how easy it is to get guns in Europe....

Getting a gun legally in Europe may be hard but terrorists have little trouble - The Washington Post

You can find Kalashnikovs for sale near the train station in Brussels,” acknowledged a Brussels-based European Union official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the record. “They’re available even to very average criminals.”

In the case of the Paris attackers, they were able to obtain an entire arsenal: AK-47 assault rifles, pistols, a Skorpion submachine gun and even a rocket-propelled-grenade launcher. All of it was purchased in Brussels for about $5,000, according to Belgian media reports.

And of course....they have criminal gangs too.....

The availability of such weapons in the heart of Western Europe isn’t new. The flood of high-powered weaponry began with the dissolution of the Soviet Union and continued through the 1990s as war raged across the Balkans. Many of the weapons from those periods are still circulating. They have lately been supplemented by an influx from the turmoil in North Africa, with weapons smuggled on ships across the Mediterranean.

The guns have been used primarily by criminal gangs that turn them on one another during periodic turf wars.
You are still talking perceptively smaller quantities of guns in circulation in Europe and a murder rate about one quarter of ours

That is the price you pay for a second amendment

No, again you are wrong....Europe had a lower murder rate before they had restrictive gun laws so you are wrong about that, and about the second amendment...

without the second Amendment Europe has a higher murder rate if you add in government murder.....they have a much higher murder rate when you add in government directed murder of it's own citizens.....something you anti gunners always ignore....that is what you get when the citizens have no arms, and the government has the will to commit mass murder...

and considering the nature of our gun murder rate.....8-9,000 gun murders a year, confined mainly to small multi block areas in large cities....the worst of which are under control of democrats.....in a country of over 320 million people, with over 320 million guns in private hands....

Take away the gun murders in these cities and our murder rate is close to if not better than Europe.....stay away from being a criminal and you don't have to worry about gun murder....without having to worry about our government acting like European genocidal government, or Mexican government teaming up with the drug cartels to murder our people....or arming one group of our people to murder the other group like Rwanda...because our people can defend themselves regardless of government intent....

Because we have a right to self defense.....even against our own government....
Because our Founders were smart enough to put the Second Amendment in writing......knowing that future gun grabbers would do their best to disarm us.....

What a ridiculous statement.......adding in Nazi Germany to the murder rate

Can you point to a single case where the Nazis were detered by anyone with a gun? Want to review what happened to armed citizens and their communities when they attempted to confront the Nazis?

I can think of all of Europe where the people didn't have guns....that didn't stop the nazis.......how about we try it the other way, by having people armed and then see if a foreign government can invade and round up it's citizens and send them to death camps.....let's try that this time and see if that changes things....

And as to armed citizens....who had no guns when the nazis invaded and then had to scrounge and work with hunting rifles and you expect to use that as an example to prove me wrong..........how about Switzerland....nazis didn't invade them did they........every home with a military rifle.......the point being when every home is armed, it is a lot harder to control them when you invade......if you even decide to try......

Ask the citizens of Mexico....they are disarmed by their government...the same government that works with the cartels to slaughter the citizens....they have had to come together in "Autodefensas" armed with scrounged up weapons to fight their corrupt government/police/cartel killers......today...across our border......imagine if they hadn't been disarmed by their government.....the cartels would have a much harder time murdering them....
You hold the same fantasy that many gun nuts hold.....that they could stop a modern miltary force with aircraft, armored vehicles, automatic weapons and modern training and tactics

OK tough guy......what will your response be when you take potshots at the Nazis and they respond by rounding up your family and torture, rape and execute theM?

Forum List

Back