What are your thoughts on the NRA?

Since I am a NRA Certified Firearms Instructor and a Certified Range Officer I greatly appreciate the work they do to promote firearms safety and responsibility.

I knew there was a good reason I won't have anything to do with the NRA ever again. If's full of people like you.

NRA is playing you people like a cheap fiddle :boohoo::rofl:

You mean like the way that Jonathan Gruber said Obama was playing you Moon Bats?

I would dump the NRA if they did not deliver on the things that I care about. For instance, they delivered the other day by stopping this ATF foolishness with the M-855 ammo. They delivered by punishing the members of Congress that voted for the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. They delivered when they influenced the people of Tennessee and several other states not to vote for Al Gore. They are working hard now to get a national carry permit laws passed, which is a very good thing. The list of good things they do is very long.

Since I am a NRA Certified Firearms Instructor and a Certified Range Officer I greatly appreciate the work they do to promote firearms safety and responsibility.

If anyone is being duped it is you Moon Bats believing all the anti gun nut crap that the Liberals spew out all the time. How about believing in the Bill of Rights for a change?

ah...there...you just made it clear for me......one of the things the anti gunners really hate.......the firearm safety training that the NRA provides.....the anti gunners rely on gun accidents,to supply dead kids for propaganda use in their democrat controlled media opportunities...when the NRA teaches gun safety to adults, those adults teach it to kids, and fewer kids are killed in gun accidents...as national statistics show.....

and that is unacceptable to anti gun nuts......they desperately need more dead children at the hands of guns....and gun safety ruins that...

Don't believe me? think I am nuts? why do the anti gunners oppose firearm safety education in grade schools....where it would help prevent tragic gun accidents?

I knew there was a good reason I won't have anything to do with the NRA ever again. If's full of people like you.

see...you teach firearm safety...you save lives....the anti gunners need dead people at the hands of guns....especially gun accidents....

gun crime is a harder way to sell banning and confiscation because gun crime makes,rational people think about defending themselves from gun crime....and the best way to that is with a gun of your own...so banning them is easily seen as counter productive...

gun accidents...another story.......they can play on emotions on that all day long...the tragic stories of kids finding guns and killing themselves or siblings.....that is gold to anti gun nuts....it goes right to the heart of a parent...your being a firearm safety instructor.....well....you save lives from accidental gun deaths.......they detest you....they need those dead kids and you keep kids safe.....damn you.....

I generally support the NRA, and I think the NRA does a lot of good work.

But, I don't quite follow their objection to background checks. The NRA used to support background checks. As long as the background checks do not take an unreasonable amount of time, I don't see how they violate the 2nd Amendment.

But, I don't quite follow their objection to background checks. The NRA used to support background checks. As long as the background checks do not take an unreasonable amount of time, I don't see how they violate the 2nd Amendment.

They oppose Universal Background checks because law enforcement officials say that to make that work, it would require registering all firearms and owners, because Universal Background checks between private individuals need a record of who had the gun to start with and who now owns it and then they can verify that a background check was done.....

The NRA and any 2nd Amendment supporter will fight against registration of guns and owners....the anti gunners will deny this intent...but law enforcement confirms it.....and besides that....it would cost a fortune in time, money and manpower, and it would be a waste of all of those things....criminals will never submit to background checks...only the law abiding will, and he law abiding gun owners aren't the ones shooting people 8-9,000 times a year....

that is wh Universal BAckground checks are opposed but the current background check system was supported by the NRA...

And what does PBS say....

There was no Holocaust on Swiss soil, something that can not be said for France, the Netherlands, Poland or most of Europe.

guns insure freedom...when they are in the hands of freedom loving people.......
You really think the Nazis were afraid of the Swiss?
You are delusional

I don't think it....I know it from PBS who cited the actual nazis......it would have cost too much to invade because they were armed and ready to fight a guerrilla war........

Sure......the Nazis lost 2 million to the Soviets but they were afraid of the Swiss

The delusions of gun nuts

They oppose Universal Background checks because law enforcement officials say that to make that work, it would require registering all firearms and owners, because Universal Background checks between private individuals need a record of who had the gun to start with and who now owns it and then they can verify that a background check was done.....

The NRA and any 2nd Amendment supporter will fight against registration of guns and owners....the anti gunners will deny this intent...but law enforcement confirms it.....and besides that....it would cost a fortune in time, money and manpower, and it would be a waste of all of those things....criminals will never submit to background checks...only the law abiding will, and he law abiding gun owners aren't the ones shooting people 8-9,000 times a year....

that is wh Universal BAckground checks are opposed but the current background check system was supported by the NRA...

The second amendment supports gun registration

nope....you are wrong...........

So..you anti gun nuts who keep intentionally misreading the 2nd Amendment, thinking that you are clever when you do it......you want every American home to be required to have an AR-15 in it...according to your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment?

an interesting notion, but the Second Amendment is an individual right to keep and bear arms...

Yea I know. Teaching firearms safety really sucks doesn't it? That way the Librads don't have as many victims in order to sell their fear.

I thought background checks were done on the buyer, not on the weapon. I thought the purpose of background checks was to keep criminals and the mentally ill from buying guns. I admit that this is one issue I have not researched very much.

I don't get why background checks would require universal gun registration. IF that is the case, then I can understand the object to background checks. Do you have some links to verify that background checks would require universal gun registration?

A well regulated militia is necessary for a secure state

We can not maintain well regulated militias without knowing who our gun owners are and what weapons they possess

The security of our nation depends on it

We can not maintain well regulated militias without knowing who our gun owners are and what weapons they possess

Soooooo...you support every American home should be required to have an AR-15 with the appropriate amount of ammo to feed it in time of war or insurrection.....right?

And every community should also provide artillery and tanks.....right?

I thought background checks were done on the buyer, not on the weapon. I thought the purpose of background checks was to keep criminals and the mentally ill from buying guns. I admit that this is one issue I have not researched very much.

I don't get why background checks would require universal gun registration. IF that is the case, then I can understand the object to background checks. Do you have some links to verify that background checks would require universal gun registration?

here is a look at "Universal Background Checks".....from The Hill news source...not exactly a right wing news outlet......

Why universal background checks won t work TheHill

To achieve any degree of success, the “universal” background check system would require universal gun registration. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) has already acknowledged this, which doomed the bill before it was drafted.

And what did Democrat Rep. Sheila Lee say....

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee Universal Background Check Not Big Brother Politic365

The registration would be housed in a legal law enforcement database protected accordingly and it just means that if you lost your gun, law enforcement would be able to access [a registry] to be able to determine where your gun might be–and so it is not big brother. It is simply a source place where everybody can go to,” she continued.

See, the thing is....we know how they think and we know what they want.......

Last edited:

Soooooo...you support every American home should be required to have an AR-15 with the appropriate amount of ammo to feed it in time of war or insurrection.....right?

And every community should also provide artillery and tanks.....right?

Required? It has never been required even in 1776

But they also knew who was in their militia and what weapons they possessed. They were well regulated and trained.......just like our founders expected

Gun registration is needed for our well regulated militias

Ok, I'll read the links. At first blush it sounds like Democrats are poisoning background-check bills with unnecessary gun registration provisions, but I'll need to read the links before commenting further.

Background checks do not stop criminals or mass shooters from getting weapons.....many mass shooters passed the current background check system..NICS to get their guns, some several times...and the ones who didn't...bought them illegally (columbine) or murdered the original owners (Sandy Hook).

And from the article....

Most important is that criminals disobey such laws (and according to the Supreme Court in their Haynes vs. U.S. decision, criminals are not legally obligated to). In a report titled “Firearm Use by Offenders”, our own Federal Government noted that nearly 40 percent of all crime guns are acquired from street level dealers, who are criminals in the black market business of peddling stolen and recycled guns. Standing alone, this shows that “universal” background checks would have an incomplete effect on guns used in crimes.

The story gets worse. The same study notes that just as many crime guns were acquired by acquaintances, be they family or friends (this rather lose category also includes fellow criminals, who are equally unlikely to participate in “universal” background checks). Totaled, nearly 80 percent of crime guns are already outside of retail distribution channels (which are 14 percent of crime gun sources) and outside of transactions made by the law abiding folks who would participate in “universal” background checks at gun shows (0.7 percent).

When 80 percent of the problem is not addressed by legislation, even if the law was enforced it would be nearly useless.

Ok, I'll read the links. At first blush it sounds like Democrats are poisoning background-check bills with unnecessary gun registration provisions, but I'll need to read the links before commenting further.

Keep looking.....you will see that what you think they mean by Universal Background checks is not what they want with Universal Background Checks......it is why most in the 2nd Amendment support community do not trust the anti gunners....they always have hidden aspects to even the most "common sense" gun laws that are simply targeted to disarming law abiding people.....

I would like the NRA position on troop deployments for persons who keep and bear Arms for their State or the Union.

It seems, to some on the left, that the "absolute advantage" possessed by militia, is knowledge of their local area. That absolute advantage no longer exists upon deployment to a foreign locality. Our War of 1812 is an example of a strategic plan that required the use of regular forces to successfully carry out an invasion.

The best interests of our common Defense are not served by removing militia from where they are most valuable.

Forum List

Back