What did Jesus mean when He said, Greater things than I have done, shall you do.

greater healings?
greater teachings?
greater service?

There are more of us than there are of Him.
When He works through us, and all of us are out there, each doing our part of the outreach work to cover the whole world, then collectively we will do more than he did on the human level.

Of course on the spiritual level, none of us can do what He did.

What did Jesus mean when He said, Greater things than I have done, shall you do.

greater healings?
greater teachings?
greater service?

He encouraged a faith. His people who followed that faith created Western civilization. For all its faults, there has never been any comparable to it..

One might be having and raising children. Children are a gift from God.

Or the fact all of you are alive while he is just the written word or logos meaning he cant do any of things you guys can do because it is impossible for him to do it with no form except in the written book...pretty simple and straighforward if you have the key to the puzzle...

Or the fact all of you are alive while he is just the written word or logos meaning he cant do any of things you guys can do because it is impossible for him to do it with no form except in the written book...pretty simple and straighforward if you have the key to the puzzle...
I don't believe that for an instant.

greater healings?
greater teachings?
greater service?

You are speaking of John 14:12

Jesus said,

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
John 14:12

What Jesus is saying is to be taken literally (as all scripture is to be taken) that the works Jesus did His followers will do also because He has gone unto the Father. Those who do not belong to Christ do not have that spiritual authority or power because they are not in Christ and have not the Spirit of God. They have a form of godliness but lack the power thereof (Paul spoke of this).

According to Mark Chapter 16 - In His name we cast out devils, lay hands on the sick and see them recovered, speak with other tongues, raise the dead, speak the Word and see the answer come forth - and this is because He has gone to the Father and is seated at His right hand.

The greatest miracle is salvation. Before Christ went to the Cross it was not possible but afterwards it was because no man can come to the Father except through the Son who shed his blood for the remission of our sins. Because Jesus Christ died on the cross, rose on the 3rd day and is seated at the right hand of the Father we are leading others into the kingdom of heaven - we are seeing those who are spiritually dead become born again and receive the life of Christ and the baptism of the Holy Spirit. They are having their names written in the Lambs book of Life and have become heirs of salvation. Is there anything greater than that? What do we not have if we are in Christ? We have all things in Him. If we are not in Him we have nothing because all that is of this world is temporal and is passing away.

Here are the verses before and after so that you can see the full context of what Jesus is saying. Literally anything that you ask in the name of Jesus shall be given to you - if you abide in Him and His Words abide in you - you can ask whatsoever you will and it shall be done unto you. Anything means anything. According to your faith let it be done unto you. When you are abiding in Christ and keeping His commandments - you can ask for what He would lead you to ask for - for whatever the Holy Spirit puts in your heart to ask for - nothing is too difficult for God. You can ask for the salvation of nations, of cities, for strongholds to be broken, for God's will to be done in a matter as it is being done in heaven. Whatever you ask - believe and you will receive it.

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Last edited:
If you are jack short for jacob son then it will s your duty to search these things out... Dont take my word for it use your gd given abilities to figure things out for yourself..... Good luck on your road it is a long hard one but it is worth it in the end...

Greater things can be done because when Jesus went to the father the Holy Spirit came and dwells within. Also Jesus is the great seed that when planted brought forth a great harvest that is till being gathered today. People can do all Jesus did but most do not have the faith in exercise to do it. But just as Jesus did not you do not do it unto yourself. The father does the work you just act as a conduit, a vessel to administer the anoionting.

So then all you need is to bel lie to eve...bel the snakes lie to eve and have beleaf in it...

Greater things can be done because when Jesus went to the father the Holy Spirit came and dwells within. Also Jesus is the great seed that when planted brought forth a great harvest that is till being gathered today. People can do all Jesus did but most do not have the faith in exercise to do it. But just as Jesus did not you do not do it unto yourself. The father does the work you just act as a conduit, a vessel to administer the anoionting.
Is it just me or does your avatar seem strange when you read your post?

So then all you need is to bel lie to eve...bel the snakes lie to eve and have beleaf in it...
I think the Bible was partly politically motivated, sorry. One has to read the words of Jesus to make sense of the Bible.

Jesus is the word jackson that is all he is ...written by the scribes... But like i said dont take my word for it search it out for yourself...here is a hint the letter j has only been around since the early 17 th century therefore jesus could not have exsisted till then.... The name is relatively new as is everything in the new testament old stories rehashed....

Jesus is the word jackson that is all he is ...written by the scribes... But like i said dont take my word for it search it out for yourself...here is a hint the letter j has only been around since the early 17 th century therefore jesus could not have exsisted till then.... The name is relatively new as is everything in the new testament old stories rehashed....
What about Jacob? Juda Jehosaphat?

Forum List

Back