What did our founders really mean when they said “general welfare”?

Let’s look at “General Welfare”

Building a dam to provide electrical power to a sector of the country
Maintaining ports, waterways, roads, bridges
Protecting from flooding
Disaster relief
Helping the poor

Guess which one conservatives consider an assault on the Constituion

If you voted for Trump there’s a good chance you’re a lot like me with regard to why....I voted for him on two policies almost exclusively...First and foremost on how he would deal with illegal Mexicans and the border and second on how he would yank lowlifes off the Democrat induced welfare plantation.
Anyhoo, as we approach the point where welfare reform will be visited I ask for your opinions on EXACTLY what you think our founders meant when they used the phrase “GENERAL WELFARE” in the constitution?

Attention all Smartest Guys In The Room, and legal scholars:
Please spare us the case citations such as the U.S. vs Butler case and the like. I’m interested in YOUR opinions.
we should compare and contrast with terms our Founding Fathers did not use; the general warfare or the common offense.

They didn't use terms like healthcare, food stamps, etc. yet you freeloaders continue to believe those terms exist.
The welfare, General, covers the general welfare.

If you voted for Trump there’s a good chance you’re a lot like me with regard to why....I voted for him on two policies almost exclusively...First and foremost on how he would deal with illegal Mexicans and the border and second on how he would yank lowlifes off the Democrat induced welfare plantation.
Anyhoo, as we approach the point where welfare reform will be visited I ask for your opinions on EXACTLY what you think our founders meant when they used the phrase “GENERAL WELFARE” in the constitution?

Please spare us the case citations such as the U.S. vs Butler case and the like. I’m interested in YOUR opinions.
we should compare and contrast with terms our Founding Fathers did not use; the general warfare or the common offense.

They didn't use terms like healthcare, food stamps, etc. yet you freeloaders continue to believe those terms exist.

Those things I mentioned are not the general welfare. The taxpayers do not owe anyone anything when it comes to doing for them what they refuse to do for themselves.

Haha... danielpalos and rightwinger
“Give us free shit!”
“We need free shit!”
“You owe us free shit!”
“OH....and give our illegal Mexican buddies free shit too!”

Better to give free shit to the wealthy
They will take care of us
Letting people keep their own money isn't giving them anything. It's sad when someone believes their own party propagqanda.
The left believes that if you earned something and get to keep more it you've somehow been given something.
lol. it is not Your money if Government is being Financed.

“Give us free shit!”
“We need free shit!”
“You owe us free shit!”

Letting people keep their own money isn't giving them anything. It's sad when someone believes their own party propagqanda.
Relieving them of the responsibility to contribute to the society that provides them so much
You haven't a clue what people contribute to society, and the government is probably the most inefficient means of wealth distribution. You have this weird nutty idea in your head that the Federal government is your daddy and mommy and should take care of everyone.
No, it isn't. The rich keep getting richer at the expense of the poor.

The government is We the People

Those who benefit the most from society have an obligation to support it
The point remains. My money does not belong to We the People. It FUCKING BELONGS TO ME, YOU FILTHY THIEF.

Those who benefit most from society?
Tell us how they benefit most. Be specific
Congress can appropriate Your money to pay the Debts.

“Give us free shit!”
“We need free shit!”
“You owe us free shit!”

The left believes that if you earned something and get to keep more it you've somehow been given something.
lol. it is not Your money if Government is being Financed.

Since I earned it, it is.

It's OK. I have the luxury of knowing that I support myself while the poor people, despite having something handed to them, still don't have, and never will have, anything close.

ke hell they are

Let’s start with the military. The military protects the global investments of the wealthy while the poor do the actual fighting and dying
Military service is voluntary. And, that is a matter of policy that does not require communism. We just need to quit being the world police.

Next?
end our crime, drugs, and terror wars; they are a waste of Your tax money.

“Give us free shit!”
“We need free shit!”
“You owe us free shit!”

Relieving them of the responsibility to contribute to the society that provides them so much

They don't have a responsibility to provide for people that refuse to provide for themselves. If you aren't willing to provide yourself with even the basics, you deserve to go without a few meals, etc.
How much Work do the Rich actually provide? Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment. You can't blame the Poor.

Afraid you belong to a society and are obligated to contribute
Fine, as long as my contribution is used for common issues, not to be your daddy and pay your way.

The only difference between theft and welfare taxation is that government is the middle man.
your money is being Wasted on the general warfare not the general welfare. stop whining.

“Give us free shit!”
“We need free shit!”
“You owe us free shit!”

They don't have a responsibility to provide for people that refuse to provide for themselves. If you aren't willing to provide yourself with even the basics, you deserve to go without a few meals, etc.
How much Work do the Rich actually provide? Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment. You can't blame the Poor.

Apparently all of it since poor people don't hire anyone.

The point remains. My money does not belong to We the People. It FUCKING BELONGS TO ME, YOU FILTHY THIEF.

What about those that get something for nothing through social welfare that don't contribute to society. Where is their obligation?
It isn't for nothing. It is for Capitalism's natural rate of unemployment.

Let’s look at “General Welfare”

Building a dam to provide electrical power to a sector of the country
Maintaining ports, waterways, roads, bridges
Protecting from flooding
Disaster relief
Helping the poor

Guess which one conservatives consider an assault on the Constitution
lousy Christians?

lol. Because the already had money. How much of a Work Ethic from the Age of Iron do the rich actually have?

You should be more impressed with the Rich, when they help You dig ditches in front carwashers.

What about those that get something for nothing through social welfare that don't contribute to society. Where is their obligation?
It isn't for nothing. It is for Capitalism's natural rate of unemployment.

When are those that constantly take from society going to contribute to the society lefties say EVERYONE is responsible for supporting? Just another false narrative by the left that everyone contributes. Only the valuable contribute and the expendable have it handed to them.

Those things I mentioned are not the general welfare. The taxpayers do not owe anyone anything when it comes to doing for them what they refuse to do for themselves.
Yes, it is the General welfare not the Limited welfare or the Common welfare.

lol. Because the already had money. How much of a Work Ethic from the Age of Iron do the rich actually have?

You should be more impressed with the Rich, when they help You dig ditches in front carwashers.

They don't have to. Those jobs are for people like you that have the same IQ as the average black.

Forum List

Back