What do you do for a living?

RDD_1210

Forms his own opinions
May 13, 2010
Seems to be a wide variety of people here. I was just wondering what everyone here does for a living? Or if you're retired, what did you do?

I'm a web programmer, focusing now on Search Engine Optimization.

I'm retired. But in my lifetime I have done the following things for a living: Worked in a hardware store, worked on a farm, was an orderly in a hospital emergency room, delivered washers and dryers, was a CPO in the Navy for 20 years, delivered pizza, worked in a home do-it-yourself store, was a passenger screener at an airport, sold life insurance, worked as a counselor at a home for kids in trouble with the law, was an armed security guard supervisor at a nuclear power plant, was a private body guard for someone you have seen perform, and had my own professional photography studio that I sold just prior to retirement. At this point in my life, I am fully employed by my wife and my primary duties are what she assigns to me on the "honey do" list.

I was a program coordinator for my home town's child abuse prevention program. Got laid off due to state cut backs.

I'm mostly retired now but I still do the occasional consulting gig (although they've few and far between of late).

I was an electronics engineer and eventually morphed into a software project manager. I also did a lot of technical documentation work.

I spent my last 20 years working for a large British information technology company.

Seems to be a wide variety of people here. I was just wondering what everyone here does for a living? Or if you're retired, what did you do?

I'm a web programmer, focusing now on Search Engine Optimization.
I embezzle funds from party members' donations and spend their money at the strip clubs.

(I recently became a Republican)

My company employs a mechanical process for extracting in situ liquid hydrocarbons by creating negative hydrostatic pressure at ground level utilizing reciprocating balanced beam techniques powered by single-phase electromotive units.

Retired therapist, almost two years. And if my health care costs continue to rise, I'll learn the art of pick-pocketin', rob banks, or start pimp'in.
I've vowed never to work again due to decreased benefits, decreased wages, not enuff co-employees despite an increased workload, and workplace bullcrap diversity programs.

Semiconductor Device Physicist. There aren't too many of us in the world. One of the most famous is the ex-CEO of Intel:

Andrew Grove - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Kind of a small world, although retired since 1999, at one time was involved in R&D in semiconductor research in California, from growing the Si crystals in EPI, epitaxial generators,all the steps required right through to the finished products, integrated circuits, simple transistors etc. Then all the testing of the devices for just about every parameter there is. We didn't use GaAs and other elements at that time. All devices were at mil-spec. Was a great experience.

The rest of the story..........maybe later

Retired therapist, almost two years. And if my health care costs continue to rise, I'll learn the art of pick-pocketin', rob banks, or start pimp'in.
I've vowed never to work again due to decreased benefits, decreased wages, not enuff co-employees despite an increased workload, and workplace bullcrap diversity programs.

sure ya did...

sure ya did...

well....uhhhh....okay....whatever..........

I'm the county building inspector.

Used to be an environmental engineer looking for hazardous materials. Traveled too much for a reasonable life. Quit that gig and now sleep every night at my home the luxurious Pimplebutt Estate.

Forum List

Back