What Do You Think Caused The Big Rift Between Bush n Cheney?

I suspect several things - but Scooter Libby was probably a big one. Cheney was reportedly really pissed off that Dubya wouldn't pardon Scooter.

Report: Cheney 'Furious' that Bush Wouldn't Pardon Scooter Libby - Washington Post Investigations
exactly. They were frigid after 43 said hell no to the pardon. Look really bad even for Repubs.
Cheney tried to get Bush to make a big deal out of "our first Kenyan born US Senator, Barack Hussein Obama"

serious? link?
Yep, the bastard had already campaigned and gotten one pardon, the resignation he convinced Rumsfeld to forego, Bush didn't allow it the second time.

It was too little too late though.

It was one thing after the next w/that Administration, one circus act after the next circus act. It's a wonder we even survived them.

What a mess!!!

*SMH*

Well we are living the Ringling Brothers at this moment. Brought to you by lib America....

Sooo, now righties are going to blame Bush's incompetence on Lyme disease? I ain't buyin'...

He was reportedly diagnosed around 2006 - but had invaded Iraq and looted the U.S. Treasury prior to that.

I was not aware there was any big riff I don't think Al Gore and Bill Clinton talk much if any to each other is there a big riff between them? If so what caused it? If in fact there is a big riff between Bush/Cheney or Clinton/Gore why should any of us care.

Sooo, now righties are going to blame Bush's incompetence on Lyme disease? I ain't buyin'...

He was reportedly diagnosed around 2006 - but had invaded Iraq and looted the U.S. Treasury prior to that.

I'm a Canuck. No righties claimed it. We learned it and freaked out. Are you kidding? Why did you let him serve?

Do you know what this disease is? No shit here. Why did you let him continue?

I'm a Canuck. No righties claimed it. We learned it and freaked out. Are you kidding? Why did you let him serve?

Do you know what this disease is? No shit here. Why did you let him continue?

I don't believe it was public knowledge until after it had been resolved. Anyway, at what point do you declare someone like Dubya incompetent? How would anyone know when he crossed the line?

They were bossom buddies until the last couple of years of their Regime.

Now these guys don't even speak anymore.

What do you think was the straw that broke the camel's back that caused the big rift between the two?

Your delusions would be my first guess.

I suspect several things - but Scooter Libby was probably a big one. Cheney was reportedly really pissed off that Dubya wouldn't pardon Scooter.

Report: Cheney 'Furious' that Bush Wouldn't Pardon Scooter Libby - Washington Post Investigations
exactly. They were frigid after 43 said hell no to the pardon. Look really bad even for Repubs.
Cheney tried to get Bush to make a big deal out of "our first Kenyan born US Senator, Barack Hussein Obama"

serious? link?
Yep, the bastard had already campaigned and gotten one pardon, the resignation he convinced Rumsfeld to forego, Bush didn't allow it the second time.

It was too little too late though.

It was one thing after the next w/that Administration, one circus act after the next circus act. It's a wonder we even survived them.

What a mess!!!

*SMH*
that circus is still going on Marc.....it just has different performers....just sayin....

They were bossom buddies until the last couple of years of their Regime.

Now these guys don't even speak anymore.

What do you think was the straw that broke the camel's back that caused the big rift between the two?

Well let's see...WHO CARES!!

W refused to let DICK put his hand up his back and do the puppet thing. DICK got mad...

It amuses me how so many people think Cheney was calling the shots. While Cheney may have had substantial influence on Bush, Bush was not stupid and he was not a puppet. Secondly, on matters of national security, Bush had many advisers who had more influence than Cheney, Condi Rice for starters.

I love when people try to convince us that our leaders are stupid. We may not agree with them, and we may question their motives and integrity, but they are not stupid, and that includes GW.

Here, here!

I think the falling out was that Cheney had pushed for the Iraq war a lot harder, and Bush probably blamed Cheney for some of the more severe fallout that tarnished Bush's name.

For Cheney's part, he was upset that Scooter didn't get a full pardon. I kind of have to go with Cheney on that one. Scooter's prosecution was bullshit. He was essentially prosecuted for not remembering a conversation with Tim Russert the way Tim Russert remembered it three years later. Neither man disputed the basics of the conversation, which was that Valerie Plame got her House Husband a junket to Niger because she worked at the CIA.

Forum List

Back