What do you think . . .

when people steal other people's pictures off the internet and claim it is them and then post using another person's image? Is it like identity theft?

I don't know. Someone stole a picture of me and of my deceased sister off her memorial website. They used it for a forum but didn't claim it was them. Still felt weird.

when people steal other people's pictures off the internet and claim it is them and then post using another person's image? Is it like identity theft?

I don't know. Someone stole a picture of me and of my deceased sister off her memorial website. They used it for a forum but didn't claim it was them. Still felt weird.

Very interesting! How did you find out? From a memorial website??? That is super sleazy.

I think it depends. Nobody is going to think I actually look like Peter Capaldi.

I think that if you are taking a picture of a hot chick and trying to pass it off as yourself, that is deceiptful...

I think it depends. Nobody is going to think I actually look like Peter Capaldi.

I think that if you are taking a picture of a hot chick and trying to pass it off as yourself, that is deceiptful...

You got the "i before e except after c" rule, but I don't think there is a p in that word. :D

I think it's a immoral behavior!
That's why I only use my real pictures!
Below you can see me yesterday in a beautiful selfie :D :D

asian-girls-selfies-415-3.jpg

Very interesting! How did you find out? From a memorial website??? That is super sleazy.

My ex posted a message on my sister's memorial website and it prompted me to google search the photos because I've asked him not to contact me and our website was private.

My two cents is....they do it because they feel insecure about their own looks, so to be "accepted" they use someone elses pic they wished they looked like. Imitation is a form of flattery. In my opinion, I don't think they do it for nefarious reasons.

Now..on the other hand..those that steal pics to warp them or make fun of someone....then yeah. Thats pretty sick behavior because it IS for nefarious reasons.

I don't use my real pic as an avie because some people like to do exactly that. Or use my pic as some kind of weapon against me. "Yer ugly" or "what a fatso" or "you look older than you claim", etc etc etc.
My avies I use are for how I feel. My emotions. Or my mood. Pics I do post I am careful about because I don't want what is dear to me (family, friends, pets) to be used in a negative way. So I post mundane things..like flowers I see, landscapes, etc.

Even in PM, it's a risk here. Was in a multi pm with a couple of people and we felt safe enough to share pics of ourselves with each other until one decided to blather on about how fat another person was. Crude, cruel, and childish behavior but it was a lesson learned.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back