"What Do You Want Me To Say About Slavery"? Bye Nikki

Nikki Haley on Wednesday was asked about the cause of the Civil War, and her reply went viral in the worst way.

Hey Nikki, repeat after me: It - Was - About - Slavery

Great question. It should be asked over and over again to all of the candidates, so the country can watch them cringe as they answer ir it wrong.
No it wasn't about slavery. It started after some southern states made unauthorized foreign trade deals with Europe.
The Northern businesses complained that they couldn't compete with Southern slave labor. They had no concern for the slaves themselves.

Well, Lincoln fought it to maintain the Union.
The Northern Business coalition was jealous. Had Lincoln OK'd slavery for the North there would have been no war. People are of the misconception that the war was about freeing the slaves. It was not.

The Cornerstone of the new Confederate government according to its VP.

And?

Slavery was the state right they chose to be the cornerstone of their new Constitution. It doesn’t negate the fact that the reason for the war was to protect the sovereignty of each state, which Stephen’s lays out quite well before ever even mentioning slavery.

Again, selective quoting without context often leads to a misrepresentation of intent. We have seen this throughout the Trump presidency by the MSM, so it is nothing new. It works on those who aren’t willing or capable of doing their own due diligence.

Good God we are a stupid country.

Are we going to make it?
Judging by the quality of our presidential candidates maybe not. I don't see a single person in the field of candidates that actually is capable of the office. I suppose the ones that are to be too smart to bother with it.

Uh oh

Hours after declining to do so, Nikki Haley said on Thursday morning that she believed slavery was, indeed, the cause of the Civil War. She suggested that the person who had asked her the question the night before was a “Democratic plant.”

“Well, two things on this track. I mean, of course, the Civil War was about slavery. We know that, that’s the easy part of it,” the former South Carolina governor told The Pulse of NH — News Talk Radio Network. “What I was saying was, what does it mean to us today? What it means to us today is about freedom. That’s what that was all about. It was about individual freedom. It was about economic freedom. It was about individual rights. Our goal is to make sure, no, we never go back to the stain of slavery.”..

“It was definitely a Democrat plant,” said Haley. “That’s why I said, what does it mean to you? And if you notice, he didn’t answer anything. The same reason he didn’t tell the reporters what his name was.”

How are folks who supported her initial comment going to spin it now?

iu

Had Lincoln OK'd slavery for the North there would have been no war.
Of course not. In that case the slave states would have been confident the new territories would be slave territories and they'd have no reason to commit treason.

Congratulations. You just revived the whole CRT conversation again, in schools and kitchen tables all across America.

Good job.
Why is it so important for the right to defend slavery ? I dont understand their reasoning.
They even make up stories about the benefits. People who think wearing a mask is slavery excuse actual slavery.

What embarrassing nonsense. Damn we are a stupid country.

In their view, slavery was a state right. Whether slavery was wrong or not, doesn’t negate the fact that the federal government was attempting to overstep its bounds and enforce laws on the individual states which they felt were unfair. Tariffs on imports was another one of the rights.

Could slavery have been viewed as a state right? If so, we are going around in circles.
As always.... Money is the culprit. The Northern Business coalition either wanted slave labor or to remove slave labor from their competitors in the south. As for the slaves themselves? They couldn't have cared less.

we had no business having other people picking our own cotton

without slavery, no black on this board would be alive

i hate slavery

Why is it so important for the right to defend slavery ? I dont understand their reasoning.
They even make up stories about the benefits. People who think wearing a mask is slavery excuse actual slavery.
How about when they call welfare slavery when it’s the exact opposite of slavery.

Says the people who insist Southern States left over States Rights. 😄 I guess they didn't teach you the Confederacy banned Confederates States from having the right to end the practice of slavery....
would you be alive today without slavery???......i'm being serious

Nikki Haley on Wednesday was asked about the cause of the Civil War, and her reply went viral in the worst way.

Hey Nikki, repeat after me: It - Was - About - Slavery

Great question. It should be asked over and over again to all of the candidates, so the country can watch them cringe as they answer ir it wrong.

Republicans today don't mind slavery.

Not that they are for it, but it's just that to them impancipation history is some sort of "lefty" concept along side CRT and so it's just filtered out.

Of course not. In that case the slave states would have been confident the new territories would be slave territories and they'd have no reason to commit treason.
Boils down to greed....
It's nice to pretend that the war started for human rights. Alas it did not. As usual it was all about money.

Forum List

Back