"What Do You Want Me To Say About Slavery"? Bye Nikki

Why is it so important for the right to defend slavery ? I dont understand their reasoning.
They even make up stories about the benefits. People who think wearing a mask is slavery excuse actual slavery.

Who is excusing slavery? As far as I can tell, we are talking about the reasons for the Civil War. Slavery was one of several states rights that the Confederacy was fighting for.

Nikki Haley on Wednesday was asked about the cause of the Civil War, and her reply went viral in the worst way.

Hey Nikki, repeat after me: It - Was - About - Slavery

Great question. It should be asked over and over again to all of the candidates, so the country can watch them cringe as they answer ir it wrong.
Your team lost. Democrats haven't been this angry at a republican presidential candidate since Lincoln took their slaves away.

The North was also taxing them on their cotton and denying them steel for their railroads. The yankees and the left want to preach that the Civil War was strictly about slavery, when States Rights and The Tenth Amendment were also very strong factors. Most Southerners didn't own slaves, only the wealthy.

Slavery was the cornerstone of their new government.

And the very reason they were able to form that new government was because they broke away from the Union, which was enforcing many laws, not just re. slavery, on the Confederate states. Slavery was not the only state right that the Confederate states had an problem with.

This won't hurt her with the average GOP voter, and she's still probably the best alternative to Trump.
It probably won't hurt her with Independent voters, either, as she's still probably the best alternative to Trump. I would say she just blew the black vote, though. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I thought she was a better politician than that. True, it was a setup by a Democrat, but that is no excuse for candidate stupidity, falling victim so easily, with an answer that did not even mention it. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Poor Nikki, showing she really doesn't think fast on her feet, after all.

As always.... Money is the culprit. The Northern Business coalition either wanted slave labor or to remove slave labor from their competitors in the south. As for the slaves themselves? They couldn't have cared less.
The northern industries needed the raw materials from the southern commodity producers. Why do you say they were competitors?

As Haley was the Governor of the first state to secede from the Union (South Carolina) and where the first shots of the Civil War were fired (Ft. Sumter), it was encumbent on her not only discuss Slavery, but to admit Slavery as to "Our Peculiar Institution and a Cherished Way of Live" was primary cause of the United States Civil War.

I fully and completely understand ReNaziKlans want to gloss over Slavery but to deny Slavery makes no sense. As I am a Son of The South (born in Little Rock Arkansas and lived in the South for many years, I am very of ugly stigma of Slavery.

Haley deserved to called out for her failure to address the issue of Slavery, her cowardess on the subject reflect sadly on current state of affairs in her party. To even broach the subject of Slavery is put at risk the office she running for. She have shown more courage rather than cowering to a minority of her party.

States left the Union because of slavery but the civil war wasnt over slavery. It was about the economy.
Lincoln said so. That tyrant piece of shit even said he would back a slavery amendment to the constitution.
Come on people. Fuck.
Even that, would have been a better answer. Nikki blew it and everybody knows it, including Nikki.

Nikki Haley on Wednesday was asked about the cause of the Civil War, and her reply went viral in the worst way.

Hey Nikki, repeat after me: It - Was - About - Slavery

Great question. It should be asked over and over again to all of the candidates, so the country can watch them cringe as they answer ir it wrong.

Wrong.
The Civil War had nothing to do with slavery.
It was about an economic power struggle between the north and south, manifest mostly in tariffs to stop cheap British goods.
Why else would England have supported the South, even though England had outlawed slavery 20 years earlier?

Only 1% of the South had slaves, since cotton plantations were the only time slavery was viable.
Northerners disliked Blacks more than the South did, and had no desire to have Blacks move in.
No soldier, north or south was at all in any way motivated by slavery.

Who is excusing slavery? As far as I can tell, we are talking about the reasons for the Civil War. Slavery was one of several states rights that the Confederacy was fighting for.
I'm impressed you can ignore the evidence so much as to dismiss the primacy of slavery to the Confederacy.

Are you? Do honestly find that a serious question? Would you be here without slavery? Why do you imagine your existence more ensured than mine by drastic changes of the past?
nobody would be here...so we ask, would you give up your life for no slavery...i sure as fuck wouldn't

ya see i never worked for a boss and called every shot in my life....that is why i think abstractly and totally different than the 40 hr slave to a nasty boss

Wrong.
The Civil War had nothing to do with slavery.
It was about an economic power struggle between the north and south, manifest mostly in tariffs to stop cheap British goods.
Why else would England have supported the South, even though England had outlawed slavery 20 years earlier?

Only 1% of the South had slaves, since cotton plantations were the only time slavery was viable.
Northerners disliked Blacks more than the South did, and had no desire to have Blacks move in.
No soldier, north or south was at all in any way motivated by slavery.
More ignorant bullshit. 1% of South had slaves if you're counting children as possible slave owners. Over a third of families in the South owned slaves and depending on the State it could be 55% of families as it was in Mississippi.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
As Haley was the Governor of the first state to secede from the Union (South Carolina) and where the first shots of the Civil War were fired (Ft. Sumter), it was encumbent on her not discuss Slavery, but to admit Slavery as "Our Peculiar Institution and a Cherished Way of Live" was primary cause of the United States Civil War.

I fully and completely understand ReNaziKlans want to gloss over Slavery but to deny Slavery makes no sense. As I am a Son of The South (born in Little Rock Arkansas and lived in the South for many years, I am very of ugly stigma of Slavery.

Haley deserved to called out for her failure to address the issue of Slavery, her cowardess on the subject reflect sadly on current state of affairs in her party. To even broach the subject of Slavery is put at risk the office she running for. She have shown more courage rather than cowering to a minority of her party.

Wrong.
Slavery meant actually the economic income from cotton.
No one "wanted" slavery, but there was no other way to make that much money except by cotton and the slavery it needed.
Slavery was the trigger item that caused secession, but there was not a significant portion of northerners who cared at all about slavery. They wanted to end slavery only to harm the economy of the south so they could stop the south from trading with England.

Forum List

Back