"What Do You Want Me To Say About Slavery"? Bye Nikki

Wrong.
Slavery meant actually the economic income from cotton.
No one "wanted" slavery, but there was no other way to make that much money except by cotton and the slavery it needed.
Slavery was the trigger item that caused secession, but there was not a significant portion of northerners who cared at all about slavery. They wanted to end slavery only to harm the economy of the south so they could stop the south from trading with England.

RIGHT. But I know you people don't want to talk about it because being racist helps you ignore that Slavery was a leading cause of Civil War. Epic fail.

Lincoln : "I dont care about blacks. I support a constitutional amendment to make slavery legal forever. But I do care about the economy, so I am going to block the confederates ports, so they will be forced to come back to the union"
-Ports blocked, civil war starts-
People with a fifth grade education - "but muh slavery caused the civil war"
:rofl:

Nikki Haley on Wednesday was asked about the cause of the Civil War, and her reply went viral in the worst way.

Hey Nikki, repeat after me: It - Was - About - Slavery

Great question. It should be asked over and over again to all of the candidates, so the country can watch them cringe as they answer ir it wrong.
A shitcon candidate who wasn't going to get the nomination isn't going to get the nomination? :eek:

Shocker.

nobody would be here...so we ask, would you give up your life for no slavery...i sure as fuck wouldn't
What relevance is this question? No one is talking about magically changing the past.
ya see i never worked for a boss and called every shot in my life....that is why i think abstractly and totally different than the 40 hr slave to a nasty boss
Oh, the point was for you to feel special about something. You have the same simple mind as every right winger I've come across. :dunno:

Nikki Haley on Wednesday was asked about the cause of the Civil War, and her reply went viral in the worst way.

Great question. It should be asked over and over again to all of the candidates, so the country can watch them cringe as they answer ir it wrong.
Agreed. Why should it be so difficult to answer this simple question? Unless you are pro-slavery, that is.

Just goes to show that this is proof that all the southern Dems converted to Repubs.

I'll bet any Dems alive would have no issue stating the simple fact that slavery was the real reason for the Civil War.

RIGHT. But I know you people don't want to talk about it because being racist helps you ignore that Slavery was a leading cause of Civil War. Epic fail.

Must be miserable knowing your party has nothing to run on besides racism.

Welcome to the party Nikki!!

You finally got the attention of the MSM!!

The correct answer to trick questions is "I don't answer hypotheticals" next question.
Or perhaps answer truthfully...that is always an option. Yes, some white folks have done some shitty things in the past; as have persons of all races. Easy.

And Haley’s response was a gutless and craven nod to the racists she hopes will vote for her.
Yep; she stepped in it big time. The problem with being a chameleon is that once you go too far in one direction; it becomes really easy to see you veer awkwardly back the other way to save face.

More ignorant bullshit. 1% of South had slaves if you're counting children as possible slave owners. Over a third of families in the South owned slaves and depending on the State it could be 55% of families as it was in Mississippi.

Wrong.
Slavery cost a lot, required not just money, but room, management, etc.
Most people did not have farms large enough to have any use for slaves.
Farms only need workers twice a year mainly, so it made much more sense to just hire migrants, like we do now from Mexico.

Slaves were less than 15% of the population in Mississippi back then.
One plantation owner would have hundreds of slaves.
So there simply were not enough Blacks for normal southerners to be able to afford them.
Nor would there have been any use for them.

The poor thing had to come clean.

Hours after declining to do so, Nikki Haley said on Thursday morning that she believed slavery was, indeed, the cause of the Civil War. She suggested that the person who had asked her the question the night before was a “Democratic plant.”

“Well, two things on this track. I mean, of course, the Civil War was about slavery. We know that, that’s the easy part of it,” the former South Carolina governor told The Pulse of NH — News Talk Radio Network.

Forum List

Back