🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 What does God think? How does God think?

Try cracking a Bible and find out what he thinks.
Don't ask me.
Biblical authors were writing about issues that took place thousands of years ago, to them, to their nations.

Times change, and there are also different people with their own unique lives. No thoughts about modern times and modern people?

Biblical authors were writing about issues that took place thousands of years ago, to them, to their nations.

Times change, and there are also different people with their own unique lives. No thoughts about modern times and modern people?
I'll be honest. I used to think you were a thoughtful poster. Now I know better.

God gives you all you need to know about who He is.

Then Jesus came and told you what He expects of you if you seek eternal life.

You have everything you need to know. What you do with that is up to you. You reject it

I'll be honest. I used to think you were a thoughtful poster. Now I know better.

God gives you all you need to know about who He is.

Then Jesus came and told you what He expects of you if you seek eternal life.

You have everything you need to know. What you do with that is up to you. You reject it
Amazing how wrong one can be, and at the same time be so proud of the conclusions. On the other hand, online discussion sites aren't the best way to meet or know anyone.

The problem with this is that any revelation is filtered through man and the times/cultures in which he is living. The Revelation of John is a great example of this.
You are right that most of the teachings of God are filtered through mankind. We even get all the teachings of Jesus through those who have written it down and passed it along to us. So the question is, How are we to have faith in anything that has been passed down to us? You would have to believe that even though some things are passed through mankind, some of those things may not have been changed or altered. In other words, you would also need to have a certain degree of faith in mankind to ever accept any aspect of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I think if God himself had absolutely no trust in mankind then he would never have revealed his revelations through mankind. Scripture tells us that God has called Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Teachers, Evangelists, etc. to spread his gospel and teach others His word. If this be true, then God must have some trust that mankind can also do good.

You are right that most of the teachings of God are filtered through mankind. We even get all the teachings of Jesus through those who have written it down and passed it along to us. So the question is, How are we to have faith in anything that has been passed down to us? You would have to believe that even though some things are passed through mankind, some of those things may not have been changed or altered. In other words, you would also need to have a certain degree of faith in mankind to ever accept any aspect of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Here are a couple of Biblical teachings that serve as an example of what I am speaking. First the Book of Job, a play, where God and Satan are depicted as having a conversation about a particular man, most likely another character in the play--and likely loosely based on someone(s) in real life.

Paul saying women should keep quiet. Paul was addressing a specific problem at a specific function.

Both these examples envelope great truths, but not necessarily the conclusions some jump to in modern times.

The Commandments, the Beatitudes, Sins are forgiven and countless--I repeat, countless, other words in the Bible are not what I am referencing.

Old Testament dietary laws, the Mormon Word of Wisdom also covering what is or is not to be ingested, are examples of what has been filtered through mankind. Also, some horrible interpretations of the Book of Revelation. It is easy to understand why some early Church Fathers were against it being included in the Bible so few citizens by that time who understood Jewish apocalyptic literature--which hadn't been used in a couple of hundred years by the time the Church was gathering and naming New Testament books.

God has called Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Teachers, Evangelists, etc. to spread his gospel and teach others His word.

they have no gospel, have you the tablet that is etched on ... howabout a rainbow - the 1st century, jesus and those others that gave their lives knew better.

they have no gospel, have you the tablet that is etched on ... howabout a rainbow - the 1st century, jesus and those others that gave their lives knew better.
You don't need a tablet. You only need the knowledge of what was on it. And please don't tell me you don't believe there is any such thing as rainbows.

Romans 10:17
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

You don't need a tablet. You only need the knowledge of what was on it. And please don't tell me you don't believe there is any such thing as rainbows.

Romans 10:17
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

the heavenly religion of antiquity is spoken not read ...

speaking of slipping from ones mind, your recollection of what the rainbow represents seems to have alluded you and is a direct reference to their as mentioned prescribed religion.

- and it is not by faith.

Judged by results ,your Cult leader is the biggest failure we have known .

You are a "we" who knows something - and this we "knows" (¿how knows a "we"?) is my "Cult leader" - whatever this might be.? And you judge results? And you think you know what is a biggest failure? So, Russian, are your soldiers still a hell in the Ukraine instead to have holy days at home?

You and whoelse?

need from you

Good grief. Don't try to force me to bring a system into my cellar full of garbage from thousands of years.

is an explanation of why you believe a daily deceiver ,

I never said I believe in you, Luiza.

and then have the cheek and arrant stupidity to expect intelligent people not to ridicule your nonsense .

If you are intelligent then tell me in a most simple way why your belief in atheism is better than any other form of belief. In what do you believe at all? In a Machia-v-alien darwinism far from any real science and real spirituality? What is your credo? "War is beautiful"?

IMG_1310-768x512.jpg

Last edited:
Do you not hold any belief in God?

I have never known God to deceive me. My daily prayer is, "Here I am Lord. Send me." Some days there doesn't seem anything out of the ordinary, but other days....some pretty amazing things happen.
We all sit on God's bench until He thinks we're ready to onto the field.

Sometimes I think there is plenty to do on the bench as we wait!
Yes. Observe what's happening on the field, study the playbook, attend practices, do time in the weight room, represent the team in the community, and be prepared for when the coach calls your number.

Thoughts?
Does God think or does God know? I'd like to "think" God's response to your question would be "I Am." Which to me would convey that God exists perfectly which negates the need for thinking. I see God's creation as perfect because it is self compensating. We may struggle to "think" of how this all makes sense but I don't believe God does because God knows how all this makes sense. Everyone is being pruned. God is a Master Gardener.

Forum List

Back