What Does It Take?

Look at the video I seem to see the toy gun on the floor when the guy got shot.

Looks like he was first shot by someone off-screen to the left. At that moment he was pointing the gun- toy or not.

Thats what I saw. And why exactly was this guy hanging out in the corner?
I mean he stood there for a while!!
It almost looks like suicide by cop. Totally weird behavior from the shootee.

Were the cops yelling at the guy to put down the rifle,or did they just start shooting?

Crawford had the gun pointing and almost touching the ground. When the policeman yells, "Put the gun down," in exactly 1 second, no more, he is shot causing the rifle to fall. Nobody can possibly react and drop a weapon that quickly since he was looking away and did not see the officer until he heard the warning

(@ 5:35)

Surveillance Video Released of Wal-Mart Toy-Gun Police Shooting - The Root

Also, the gun had already been taken out of the box before Crawford picked it up from the display.

Were the cops yelling at the guy to put down the rifle,or did they just start shooting?

Crawford had the gun pointing and almost touching the ground. When the policeman yells, "Put the gun down," in exactly 1 second, no more, he is shot causing the rifle to fall. Nobody can possibly react and drop a weapon that quickly since he was looking away and did not see the officer until he heard the warning

(@ 5:35)

Surveillance Video Released of Wal-Mart Toy-Gun Police Shooting - The Root

Also, the gun had already been taken out of the box before Crawford picked it up from the display.

Not sure what the gun being out of the box has to do with anything. Other than he was dumb enough to pick it up and walk around the store with it.
And the shootee was acting pretty strange. Whats up with him standing in the corner for so long?
Just something weird about this. Could the guy have been extremely high on something? It would explain his bizarre behavior.

As far as the shooting goes,it's kind of hard to pass judgement at this point.
If the cop thought that gun was real I cant really blame him for shooting the guy.

Not sure what the gun being out of the box has to do with anything. Other than he was dumb enough to pick it up and walk around the store with it.

Someone had blamed Crawford for taking it out of the box in the discussion when it first happened.

Yes, of course, it was retarded to carry it around, but the store is also liable for leaving the gun laying there without a box. What if a 7-or-8-year-old child had picked it up? We could have easily had the same result.

People do dumb things without thinking, and he was constantly on his cell phone and pretty much by his movements, you can tell he was daydreaming.

And the shootee was acting pretty strange. Whats up with him standing in the corner for so long?
Just something weird about this. Could the guy have been extremely high on something? It would explain his bizarre behavior.

Without trying to, I realize I just answered about this when I said he was just daydreaming and having a good time walking around and enjoying the store. People do tend to stand in a single spot for a long time when on a cellphone.

If the cop thought that gun was real I cant really blame him for shooting the guy.

Maybe, but someone has to take the blame when the young man did nothing illegal and should not end up dead because of it.

Someone had blamed Crawford for taking it out of the box in the discussion when it first happened.

Yes, of course, it was retarded to carry it around, but the store is also liable for leaving the gun laying there without a box. What if a 7-or-8-year-old child had picked it up? We could have easily had the same result.

People do dumb things without thinking, and he was constantly on his cell phone and pretty much by his movements, you can tell he was daydreaming.

Without trying to, I realize I just answered about this when I said he was just daydreaming and having a good time walking around and enjoying the store. People do tend to stand in a single spot for a long time when on a cellphone.

Maybe, but someone has to take the blame when the young man did nothing illegal and should not end up dead because of it.

No one has to take the blame. There's these things called accidents where a combination of events lead to a an..wait for it...............accident.
And ask yourself this, why would a grown ass man pick up a toy gun and walk around the store with it?
And if an eight year old was walking around with it most people would immediately think it was a toy.

No one has to take the blame. There's these things called accidents where a combination of events lead to a an..wait for it...............accident.
And ask yourself this, why would a grown ass man pick up a toy gun and walk around the store with it?
And if an eight year old was walking around with it most people would immediately think it was a toy.

Not when someone's life is involved. I do not believe the police could not have had an ability to avoid this tragic death.

He never pointed the gun at anyone, but most of all, he never pointed it at the police or made any threatening gestures.

Just exactly what will it take to indict a cop these days? When did they cease to serve and protect and become search and destroy?

WATCH Surveillance video released after grand jury declines to indict cops in Walmart shooting

fired arrested and charged with aggravated assault

Now THIS is a bullshit shooting!! After seeing the pic of the cop i'm not surprised this happened....what a fucken doof,makes Barney Fife look like a genius.

Not when someone's life is involved. I do not believe the police could not have had an ability to avoid this tragic death.

Well yeah....if the cop could have looked into the future to discover the rifle was a BB gun.
That thing was a pretty good copy of an ACR,i'm not going to blame the cop for this one.
Just like all things like this,hind sight is twenty twenty.

Well yeah....if the cop could have looked into the future to discover the rifle was a BB gun.
That thing was a pretty good copy of an ACR,i'm not going to blame the cop for this one.

All the cop had to do was not make a target of himself and wait for back-up to surround him. The fact is he never posed a threat, and it could not have been more obvious that he was not actively engaged in doing anyone harm. Could have been, but they had time to surround him without the slightest doubt. Look, if cops are so scared of being shot or killed, they should not be cops. There are plenty of real men out there to do the job. When they join the force, they make a big sacrifice for all American citizens to protect them and to serve them. You cannot do that by always fearing for your life like they do. Millions of Americans have made the same sacrifice when they joined the military, and they are not pussies and perpetually worried about their life and limb. Can you imagine if our soldiers had this attitude the police do?

All the cop had to do was not make a target of himself and wait for back-up to surround him. The fact is he never posed a threat, and it could not have been more obvious that he was not actively engaged in doing anyone harm. Could have been, but they had time to surround him without the slightest doubt. Look, if cops are so scared of being shot or killed, they should not be cops. There are plenty of real men out there to do the job. When they join the force, they make a big sacrifice for all American citizens to protect them and to serve them. You cannot do that by always fearing for your life like they do. Millions of Americans have made the same sacrifice when they joined the military, and they are not pussies and perpetually worried about their life and limb. Can you imagine if our soldiers had this attitude the police do?

So much wrong here....

Forum List

Back