What Does The American Flag Mean to You?

World Press Freedom Index (WPFI) via reporters w/out boarders

Jingo's claim America is #1, we're the freest nation in the world, etc etc ad nasuem

Patriots that have an allegiance to which it stands make no bones of 'we the peeps' loosing them to 'the powers that be'

~S~

World Press Freedom Index (WPFI) via reporters w/out boarders

Jingo's claim America is #1, we're the freest nation in the world, etc etc ad nasuem

Patriots that have an allegiance to which it stands make no bones of 'we the peeps' loosing them to 'the powers that be'

~S~

I'm still struggling to see what your point is.

I can see you're mentioning the WPFI, I know what it is.

Then you say something about Jingo. Then something about loosing them.... not losing them? The first is "my t-shirt is lose" the second "we lost the game"

Does it mean anything at all to you?

I will always equate the flag with my time in the Marines. In 20 years I must have stood at attention for morning colors or evening retreat 5000 or more times, not including the countless ceremonies.

I have the flag that flew over MCAS New River the day I retired in a shadowbox on my bookshelf in my office.

1718794705419.png

Then you say something about Jingo. Then something about loosing them.... not losing them? The first is "my t-shirt is lose" the second "we lost the game"
apologies for being vague frigid one

jingo is short for jingoists

jingoists see the powers that be as doing no wrong, even if it flys in the face of loosing our freedoms

which is what we pledge allegiance to, not who is in office

Jingoists are basically brownshirts , which America is lousy with now, jmho

~S~

apologies for being vague frigid one

jingo is short for jingoists

jingoists see the powers that be as doing no wrong, even if it flys in the face of loosing our freedoms

which is what we pledge allegiance to, not who is in office

Jingoists are basically brownshirts , which America is lousy with now, jmho

~S~

Well, a lot of people fail to know who they're pledging allegiance to, or if what they're pledging allegiance to even exists. They just get told to do it. Patriots, jingoists, most people.

I will always equate the flag with my time in the Marines. In 20 years I must have stood at attention for morning colors or evening retreat 5000 or more times, not including the countless

ceremonies.

I have the flag that flew over MCAS New River the day I retired in a shadowbox on my bookshelf in my office.

We have two such flags in boxes. One covered the coffin of my husband's aunt after 20 years in the Navy. The other covered my husband's coffin after 30 years in the Naval Reserve.

Does it mean anything at all to you? I just saw somebody post in another thread that it was just a piece of cloth to them. To me it means all the men and women who fought for our country and many who lost their lives and gave us the ability to fight ourselves to get our country back from the democrats. You see I love to brag that I'm really proud of that ragged old flag.

So then why does your avatar disrespect the flag?

Kent State was a tragedy but the students were the ones who provoked it.
Even considering that the radicals students had burned down the ROTC center, still, there was no justification for firing live rounds into the students like they did.

It's interesting that the same people who think Old Glory is just a piece of cloth go crazy when they see the Confederate flag. I fly the U.S. Flag every day and I have a solar light on it at night.

I don’t see a link or any names!

#MAGALIES
John Bolton, no friend of Trump

Looking into my crystal ball, I see that you will disregard the eyewitness accounts and still repeat your democrat lie.

#ANSWERTHEQUESTION

What question?

My patriotism died first with Covid, and finally with TDS. I'm sad about it but it's over.

The flag means to me that our brilliant founders constructed the best nation known to man, but humanity does not deserve it.

So here we are. Not even sure I'll celebrate July 4th this year, and it used to be my fave holiday. If patriotism were a religion, I'm deconstructing. And I'm ok with that.

I believe that Trump can restore it though.

What question?

I believe that Trump can restore it though.

Nothing to do with Trump, Biden, Clinton, Obama.

It's the number of "fellow Americans" who will throw the whole thing over FOR a Trump, Biden, Clinton, Obama. And all of our rights if they're scared.

Right now this is taking on the iteration of "NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW" and they're perfectly fine with torching our fantastic justice system to get at their man.

That kind of rot doesn't go away with whomever is in office or not, sadly.

Forum List

Back