What Does The American Flag Mean to You?

I see The U.S. flag as a welcoming symbol of national unity that each citizen has the privilege to take to heart as they see fit.

The US has never been united though. It started off with the North and South hating each other, and right now the South has extended to the Mid West, the North has extended to the west coast.

Freedom to speak, freedom to travel all over the country, freedom to be armed, endless personal choices. All pretty great.
Freedom to speak:

The US has a score of 71.22 out 100 for free of the press.

Norway is the highest at 95.18, many other countries in Europe and a few not in Europe are higher.

Norway is also highest on the democracy index with 9.81 out of 10, the US has 7.85

Freedom to travel

The UAE is the highest with 179 countries.

The US is in joint 8th with 172 countries with 28 countries with stronger passports.

Freedom to be shot

Yes, the US have a lot more freedoms to be shot than other countries that are higher when it comes to democracy and freedom of press etc.

Endless personal choice? What, like the choice of whether to have McDonald's or Burger King for lunch?

A score based on what criteria?

And?

"The WPFI is partly based on a questionnaire[3] that previously used seven general criteria: pluralism (measures the degree of representation of opinions in the media space), media independence, environment and self-censorship, legislative framework, transparency, infrastructure, and abuses."

"And?" You literally said the freedom to travel. I was showing you the statistics on freedom to travel. I proved the US is not number one in the world for freedom to travel.

"The WPFI is partly based on a questionnaire[3] that previously used seven general criteria: pluralism (measures the degree of representation of opinions in the media space), media independence, environment and self-censorship, legislative framework, transparency, infrastructure, and abuses."

"And?" You literally said the freedom to travel. I was showing you the statistics on freedom to travel. I proved the US is not number one in the world for freedom to travel.
I don't care if the US is #1 based upon your presented criteria. The US consists of 50 contiguous states where citizens do not need a passport to travel to, just a standard issued state drivers license. I have never needed to present my passport in the 38 states I've been to. Europe? Asia? Not so much.

I don't care if the US is #1 based upon your presented criteria. The US consists of 50 contiguous states where citizens do not need a passport to travel to, just a standard issued state drivers license. I have never needed to present my passport in the 38 states I've been to. Europe? Asia? Not so much.

You said the US was the greatest. I asked why. You stated your criteria. I showed you it's not so.

Now you're saying it's the greatest because you don't need to show your passport when going to Mississippi.... come on.

Yeah. It's pretty awesome.

You do realize that EU citizens can also go to Mississippi visa free too, right? Some of them can also go to China, visa free. You can't.

And again, YOU gave criteria for what makes the US "the greatest", I proved you wrong, now you're ignoring the topic hoping it'll go away.... It won't.

Based on your criteria, the US is NOT the greatest.

IMG_0918.jpeg

You do realize that EU citizens can also go to Mississippi visa free too, right? Some of them can also go to China, visa free. You can't.

And again, YOU gave criteria for what makes the US "the greatest", I proved you wrong, now you're ignoring the topic hoping it'll go away.... It won't.

Based on your criteria, the US is NOT the greatest.
Well, that's just your take on my criteria. You weren't invited. You proving it 'wrong' is academic. :auiqs.jpg:

Does it mean anything at all to you? I just saw somebody post in another thread that it was just a piece of cloth to them. To me it means all the men and women who fought for our country and many who lost their lives and gave us the ability to fight ourselves to get our country back from the democrats. You see I love to brag that I'm really proud of that ragged old flag.

These days
Not much

Down with the union

I have an American flag that I have had for around 30 years now if not longer and I keep it in my room. The reason why I've never put it outside is because it would only get destroyed by the weather eventually and so while it is just a piece of cloth at the end of the day, in my opinion, it is one piece of cloth that should be taken care of due to why it was made in the first place.

God bless you and our homeland always!!!

Holly

P.S. My flag is actually not a cloth flag, but instead one that was made of some sort of plastic material which is why it wouldn't last if I were to leave it outside long enough.

Does it mean anything at all to you? I just saw somebody post in another thread that it was just a piece of cloth to them. To me it means all the men and women who fought for our country and many who lost their lives and gave us the ability to fight ourselves to get our country back from the democrats. You see I love to brag that I'm really proud of that ragged old flag.

My patriotism died first with Covid, and finally with TDS. I'm sad about it but it's over.

The flag means to me that our brilliant founders constructed the best nation known to man, but humanity does not deserve it.

So here we are. Not even sure I'll celebrate July 4th this year, and it used to be my fave holiday. If patriotism were a religion, I'm deconstructing. And I'm ok with that.

Forum List

Back