🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What exactly is a "war crime"?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
It seems to me that if you target civilians and you kill them, it doesn't matter if you do it with a cruise missile or with a rifle. It puzzles me how the casualties in Bucha are any different than the ones in other cities. Is there some new definition of war crime? Or maybe it's like murder First degree war crime, Second degree war crime, etc?

It seems to me that if you target civilians and you kill them, it doesn't matter if you do it with a cruise missile or with a rifle. It puzzles me how the casualties in Bucha are any different than the ones in other cities. Is there some new definition of war crime? Or maybe it's like murder First degree war crime, Second degree war crime, etc?
Gray area I presume.

Targeting someone who isn't targeting you I guess would be the difference

What our government/military and media calls, "collateral damage," in our operations in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, etc., they can feel free to call, "war crimes," when our adversaries accidentally kill civilians in their operations. Whatever will move folks to support their planned spending and involvement agendas, to get the population to go along with it all. . . will seem justified in affiliated government and corporate propaganda. . . . IOW? It is more than likely spin and lies.

I can, conceive of no benefit for the Russian government purposely targeting Ukrainians, anymore than I conceive of our administrations, purposely targeting all those innocent civilians that we have killed over the years in our drone strikes and operations that have missed their targets.

I cannot recall Putin, nor the Russian government issuing any manifesto, similar to that of Adolf Hitler, as to why they would want to embark upon a genocide, nor are they akin to communists, attempts to thin the bourgeoisie. So the narrative of a purposeful targeting of genocidal mass death? Makes no logical sense to an intelligent critical thinker, and in fact, would make future occupation or bi-lateral relations more difficult between Russia and Ukraine.

Ignore all the propaganda.

In a time of war, none of the spin can be trusted.

The only agenda being pushed is by those of the various STATES and the multinational corporations. Little people, of any nation, do not matter to these psychopaths.

You simply have to kill the right people with the right kind of weapons or it's a war crime

For example, in the US if a white man shoots a black man it's kind of a similar war crime vibe since that kind of crime is assumed to be racist. But if the white man stabs a black man it is somewhat better since he did not use a gun.

However, if will Smith shoots Chris Rock in the head, that's Ok cuz it's just a couple of niggas working out some stuff.

A "war crime" is what the losers of a major war are charged with in a kangaroo court if they don't have enough money to buy their way out of it.

For instance, After WWII many officials of the Nazi government were charged with alleged war crimes, but how many Japs were charged with war crimes?

The only difference is that the Japs had a lot more gold.

Last edited:
I'm getting the distinct impression you think the Russians are not guilty of it with your feeble justifications. They are so stop defending them..

A war crime is a violation of the laws of war that gives rise to individual criminal responsibility for actions by the combatants, such as intentionally killing civilians or intentionally killing prisoners of war, torture, taking hostages, unnecessarily destroying civilian property, deception by perfidy, wartime sexual violence, pillaging, the conscription of children in the military, committing genocide or ethnic cleansing, the granting of no quarter despite surrender, and flouting the legal distinctions of proportionality and military necessity.

I hope you are clear on it now Vladimir.

I'm getting the distinct impression you think the Russians are not guilty of it with your feeble justifications. They are so stop defending them..

A war crime is a violation of the laws of war that gives rise to individual criminal responsibility for actions by the combatants, such as intentionally killing civilians or intentionally killing prisoners of war, torture, taking hostages, unnecessarily destroying civilian property, deception by perfidy, wartime sexual violence, pillaging, the conscription of children in the military, committing genocide or ethnic cleansing, the granting of no quarter despite surrender, and flouting the legal distinctions of proportionality and military necessity.

I hope you are clear on it now Vladimir.
^
Posted like a true wikidiot.

Forum List

Back