What gives us the right?

We are not forcing it on them, I corrected my use of the word 'force' many pages ago. What we are doing is telling them that their beliefs are wrong and ours are right. The question is who appointed us the morals police of the entire world?

Why can't we leave other countries alone to live and believe as they choose?
Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?

"Who are we to dictate morality to other people? Homosexuality is an evil disease!"

Do you see how wrong you are? Do you see your own hypocrisy? Do you see how you are "forcing" your morality on others?

You don't even know what my morality is.

But it is obvious that the gay agenda is being forced on the entire american population.

Do you see how Orwellian that is? Thought control, Punishment for incorrect thoughts. Is that really the kind of country you want to live in?

Punishment for action, not thoughts.

"Thought" you might want to look this site over.

Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie

And anyone who needs government to validate who they have sex with is an idiot.
You think sex is the reason that gay people want marriage recognition?

a civil union gives them every right that a married man and woman have.

the gay agenda is not about equality or rights---its about the government dictating to the entire population how they must believe.
And you still don't see the hypocrisy of complaining about the government dictating to the entire population how they must believe while you are screaming for the government to pass laws dictating to the entire population that they must believe that gay marriage is an abomination that will destroy civilized "Christian" society?

You're okay with the government telling people what to believe as long as the government is telling the People to believe what you believe, and anything else is a tyrannical attack on your freedom. Therefore, you are a douche.

the gay agenda is not about equality or rights---its about the government dictating to the entire population how they must believe.
And you still don't see the hypocrisy of complaining about the government dictating to the entire population how they must believe while you are screaming for the government to pass laws dictating to the entire population that they must believe that gay marriage is an abomination that will destroy civilized "Christian" society?

You're okay with the government telling people what to believe as long as the government is telling the People to believe what you believe, and anything else is a tyrannical attack on your freedom. Therefore, you are a douche.

wrong, I think that the laws and customs of a nation should reflect the beliefs of a majority of its citizens.

I don't want the govt telling anyone what to believe.

I never asked for laws making gay behavior illegal. But I want kids taught the truth, that its a biological abnormality and that it is not equall to heterosexual behavior or that kids should just choose which is more attractive to them.

No mattter how many times you scream that its normal, you will never make it so.

Why not just let everyone hold their own beliefs and practice "live and let live" ?

because tolerance is not what this is really about--------the gay agenda is about the government mandating how americans think about it and what they believe.

Its exactly what Orwell and Rand predicted.

this thread is not about acceptance of gays in the usa. I have gay friends and relatives and I love and respect every one of them. I want them to be treated fairly and equally. I want them to have civil rights and the right to commit to each other in a legally binding civil union----as do most of them.

This thread simply asks the question: what gives us the right to tell other countries that their beliefs and laws are wrong and ours are right? Who/what gives us that authority?
No one gives us that authority. It is inherent that we have the right to free speech. See first amendment where the federal government is prohibited from restricting said free speech, and incorporation amendments that came later also restricting the states from doing the same. There is no authority with a right to restrict our free speech.

The speech in question is merely an opinion. The opinion carries no authority whatsoever.

The free speech rights in the Constitution apply in the USA. Try to invoke your free speech rights in Saudi Arabia or North Korea.

We DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL OTHER COUNTRIES THAT THEIR BELIEFS, CUSTOMS, AND LAWS ARE WRONG AND THAT THEY MUST ADOPT OURS.

Or if you think we have that right, what gives it to us?

Why would I try to invoke my free speech rights in Saudi Arabia or North Korea. They don't apply there, I'm not even a citizen of SA or NK.

Yes we do have the right to tell other countries that their beliefs suck and they must adopt ours. They can also tell us to go pick our noses. That does not mean they have the authority to force me to pick my nose.

What gives us the right to say what we want? Freedom.

You said you were no longer confused about the word force, yet you are still assuming force is being applied. Speech is not force unless the listener bows to it.

Last edited:

Not true at all. There are quite literally tens of thousands of laws and regulations where civil union is not the same as marriage.

You are mistaking 'tolerance' with 'acceptance'. Much the way most homophobes argue that laws such as Arizona's is anti religion or oppressive. The oppressors are trying to paint the oppressed as new oppressors. It is first mentioned in the Racist's handbook. "These ******* want 'special rights'" and "it's a matter of State's Rights!" are claims that were made before the Civil Rights Act and now they have been dusted off for the new millennium.

No one gives us that authority. It is inherent that we have the right to free speech. See first amendment where the federal government is prohibited from restricting said free speech, and incorporation amendments that came later also restricting the states from doing the same. There is no authority with a right to restrict our free speech.

The speech in question is merely an opinion. The opinion carries no authority whatsoever.

The free speech rights in the Constitution apply in the USA. Try to invoke your free speech rights in Saudi Arabia or North Korea.

We DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL OTHER COUNTRIES THAT THEIR BELIEFS, CUSTOMS, AND LAWS ARE WRONG AND THAT THEY MUST ADOPT OURS.

Why would I try to invoke my free speech rights in Saudi Arabia or North Korea. They don't apply there, I'm not even a citizen of SA or NK.

Yes we do have the right to tell other countries that their beliefs suck and they must adopt ours. They can also tell us to go pick our noses. That does not mean they have the authority to force me to pick my nose.

You said you were no longer confused about the word force, yet you are still assuming force is being applied. Speech is not force unless the listener bows to it.

economic sanctions are a form of force.

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? ...

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? That's just it -- we haven't and we can't.

stop posting ridiculous idiocies
welcome to the real world

again, thats not the issue or the question. I am trying to get you on the left to THINK.

let me ask it another way. Why are our beliefs superior to those of other countries? Saudi Arabia believes that their way of life is the right way for humans to live. Why are they wrong?

Why can't we let other countries decide what moral code they want to follow?

economic sanctions are a form of force.

We set economic sanctions on Russia because they aren't gay enough? Huh? You have a link to that?

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? ...

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? That's just it -- we haven't and we can't.

again, thats not the issue or the question. I am trying to get you on the left to THINK.

let me ask it another way. Why are our beliefs superior to those of other countries? Saudi Arabia believes that their way of life is the right way for humans to live. Why are they wrong?

Define moral code. Do you mean like the moral code to exterminate the jews, or maybe the moral code to starve millions of their citizens to death? Why does it seem like you moved the goal post from the gay discussion about the olympics to some broader moral code discussion?

Last edited:

Define moral code. Do you mean like the moral code to exterminate the jews, or maybe the moral code to starve millions of their citizens to death? Why does it seem like you moved the goal post from the gay discussion about the olympics to some broader moral code discussion?

The US gay delegation to the olymipics was just an example to get to the bigger question.

You asked about exterminating jews or starving citizens. Are we the world's police force? Why is it our responsibility to right all the wrongs in the world?

Why do we get involved in european conflicts and ignore those in africa, south america, china, or anywhere else?

Internationally we are not only arrogant, we are hypocrites. What exactly did our involvement in viet nam accomplish? other than 58,000 dead americans and billions of wasted dollars? What were we doing there???? trying to tell viet nam how to run its country.

The US gay delegation to the olymipics was just an example to get to the bigger question.

You asked about exterminating jews or starving citizens. Are we the world's police force? Why is it our responsibility to right all the wrongs in the world?

Why do we get involved in european conflicts and ignore those in africa, south america, china, or anywhere else?

Internationally we are not only arrogant, we are hypocrites. What exactly did our involvement in viet nam accomplish? other than 58,000 dead americans and billions of wasted dollars? What were we doing there???? trying to tell viet nam how to run its country.

Because the europeans are our allies? We do get involved in africa and south america. What were we doing in vietnam? We were there defending our allies against communists.

Again you are simply moving the goal posts. The discussion was not about vietnam, or bosnia, or rwanda. The discussion was about the lame street media declaring that russia should be as enlightened as we are regarding letting the homophobia go. The discussion was about free speech. You are the one trying to turn it from free speech into something else that employs force. Why? Obviously cause you lost the argument.

Last edited:

Because the europeans are our allies? We do get involved in africa and south america. What were we doing in vietnam? We were there defending our allies against communists.

Again you are simply moving the goal posts. The discussion was not about vietnam, or bosnia, or rwanda. The discussion was about the lame street media declaring that russia should be as enlightened as we are regarding letting the homophobia go. The discussion was about free speech. You are the one trying to turn it from free speech into something else that employs force. Why? Obviously cause you lost the argument.

your position presumes that we are right about homosexuality and the rest of the world is wrong about it.

One last time, if you can't grasp the question by now I will have to conclude that it is beyond your intellectual capacity.

What makes us right and other countries wrong? Who are we to tell them that their beliefs are wrong? two simple questions----------

your position presumes that we are right about homosexuality and the rest of the world is wrong about it.

One last time, if you can't grasp the question by now I will have to conclude that it is beyond your intellectual capacity.

What makes us right and other countries wrong? Who are we to tell them that their beliefs are wrong? two simple questions----------

>>> What makes us right and other countries wrong?

What makes right and wrong? Odd question. You really don't know what makes right and wrong? Ok fine... In the case of discriminating based on race, sexual preference, etc. what makes right and wrong is an understanding of basic human civil rights. Do I need to explain what basic human civil rights are?

>>> Who are we to tell them that their beliefs are wrong?
We are free people with the right to speech, that's who we are. What part of PEOPLE BEING ENTITLED TO OUR OWN DAMN OPINION is confusing you? What would you do here, take away free speech, to force people to shut up, so you don't have to hear people say bigotry is bad on the TV? Dude if you don't want to listen turn off your damn TV. Or better yet why don't you create your own bigots against gays channel, you guys can all get in a circle and high five with the russians.

Last edited:
What gives all those so-called "Christians" the right to push their hateful, bigoted view of Homosexuality on this country.

THE MAN BORN OF WOMAN NAMED JESUS NEVER SAID ONE FUCKING WORD ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY, HOMOSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS OR SAME-SEX MARRIAGE.

And no, for all of you brain dead homophob bigots, Paul was NOT Jesus. Jesus was NOT Paul.

Forum List

Back