What gives us the right?

Could anyone who believes homosexuals do not deserve equal rights and protections under the law define "tolerance" and "acceptance". There is a distinction between the two words. It's important to understand their meanings.

Which of the two do you believe Americans seeking equality would settle for?

Two types of Americans... Americans who believe in liberty, and Americans who believe liberty means the liberty to put their boot on everyone's neck that does not look like them, talk like them, share the same sexual preference as them, and share their desire to receive undeserved assets redistributed by force by their government.
What the devil are you talking about? Please define both 'tolerance' and 'acceptance'.

Do you believe 'liberty' means the liberty to oppress? And what are you talking about when you speak of 'under served assets redistributed by force'? Are homosexuals asking for reparations?

When someone agrees with you, there's no need to being out the pitch fork.

I'm an American who believes in true liberty. So no I do not believe liberty means the liberty to oppress. I did not say under served I said undeserved, as in UN-earned welfare hand-outs, taken through the tax code.

Yes some homosexuals are asking for reparations, but I just assume those are democrats.

But hey if it makes you feel better we could say there are three types of americans, pro-liberty (conservatives) anti-liberty (democrats) and gays (who would be conservatives if they were not busy bending over for democrats). Better?

Last edited:
Two types of Americans... Americans who believe in liberty, and Americans who believe liberty means the liberty to put their boot on everyone's neck that does not look like them, talk like them, share the same sexual preference as them, and share their desire to receive undeserved assets redistributed by force by their government.
What the devil are you talking about? Please define both 'tolerance' and 'acceptance'.

Do you believe 'liberty' means the liberty to oppress? And what are you talking about when you speak of 'under served assets redistributed by force'? Are homosexuals asking for reparations?

I'm an American who believes in true liberty. So no I do not believe liberty means the liberty to oppress. I did not say under served I said undeserved, as in UN-earned welfare hand-outs, taken through the tax code.

Yes some homosexuals are asking for reparations, but I just assume those are democrats.

But hey if it makes you feel better we could say there are three types of americans, pro-liberty (conservatives) anti-liberty (democrats) and gays (who would be conservatives if they were not busy bending over for democrats). Better?

When I use my iPad to post, occasionally it misspells for me. I wrote undeserved but it spelled it incorrectly.

Is corporate welfare un earned too?

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

WTF is going on? We have become a nation of hypocrites.

How exactly are "We forcing Homosexuality on Russia".

You fucking dead from fucking neck up Cons need to find a better fucking argument.

When I use my iPad to post, occasionally it misspells for me. I wrote undeserved but it spelled it incorrectly.

Is corporate welfare un earned too?

Federal tax deductions are contractual reductions in the amount of earned income stolen from you. No different than your personal federal tax exemptions. So no. Corporate tax exemptions / deductions are most definitely earned. Saying a tax exemption is unearned is akin to saying all of your earnings all of your labor all of your assets are unearned because you are a slave of the federal government and thus the federal government owns everything you produce and everything you have. Why you ask? Because if even one dollar of my earned income is considered unearned income, by who's authority is my earned income unearned? Federal government? How? Why? Only reason I can discern is volunteerism, or slavery. Since I happen to know it's not volunteerism... it must be slavery if unearned... thus take your pick it's either earned or slavery.

That said, there are some instances of re-distributions to corporations that have taken place that are un-earned. For example, the auto bailouts, the bank bailouts, the green industry taxpayer loans, etc..

Last edited:
What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

You fucking dead from fucking neck up Cons need to find a better fucking argument.

Don't insult all conservatives for what Redfish says. He does not speak for me. I know plenty of democrats who are homophobic authoritarian christians as well.

We are not forcing it on them, I corrected my use of the word 'force' many pages ago. What we are doing is telling them that their beliefs are wrong and ours are right. The question is who appointed us the morals police of the entire world?

Why can't we leave other countries alone to live and believe as they choose?

Second question: Does an american have the right to believe that homosexuality is abnormal and a aberation of the human condition? yes or no.

next: does the government have the right/authority to dictate what american citizens must believe relative to homesexuality?

Don't insult all conservatives for what Redfish says. He does not speak for me. I know plenty of democrats who are homophobic authoritarian christians as well.

this thread is not about acceptance of gays in the usa. I have gay friends and relatives and I love and respect every one of them. I want them to be treated fairly and equally. I want them to have civil rights and the right to commit to each other in a legally binding civil union----as do most of them.

This thread simply asks the question: what gives us the right to tell other countries that their beliefs and laws are wrong and ours are right? Who/what gives us that authority?

We are not forcing it on them, I corrected my use of the word 'force' many pages ago. What we are doing is telling them that their beliefs are wrong and ours are right. The question is who appointed us the morals police of the entire world?

Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?

"Who are we to dictate morality to other people? Homosexuality is an evil disease!"

Do you see how wrong you are? Do you see your own hypocrisy? Do you see how you are "forcing" your morality on others?

this thread is not about acceptance of gays in the usa. I have gay friends and relatives and I love and respect every one of them. I want them to be treated fairly and equally. I want them to have civil rights and the right to commit to each other in a legally binding civil union----as do most of them.

This thread simply asks the question: what gives us the right to tell other countries that their beliefs and laws are wrong and ours are right? Who/what gives us that authority?
No one gives us that authority. It is inherent that we have the right to free speech. See first amendment where the federal government is prohibited from restricting said free speech, and incorporation amendments that came later also restricting the states from doing the same. There is no authority with a right to restrict our free speech.

The speech in question is merely an opinion. The opinion carries no authority whatsoever.

Your assumption appears to purport that anything said in the halls of public opinion somehow carry some weight of authority. I believe you are presuming that people have to listen to what we say, nay perhaps even obey. Heh.. Unless you think the president is gonna start a war over this .. I'm pretty sure the whole issue of authority is made up.

Last edited:

Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?

"Who are we to dictate morality to other people? Homosexuality is an evil disease!"

Do you see how wrong you are? Do you see your own hypocrisy? Do you see how you are "forcing" your morality on others?

You don't even know what my morality is.

But it is obvious that the gay agenda is being forced on the entire american population.

Do you see how Orwellian that is? Thought control, Punishment for incorrect thoughts. Is that really the kind of country you want to live in?

No one gives us that authority. It is inherent that we have the right to free speech. See first amendment where the federal government is prohibited from restricting said free speech, and incorporation amendments that came later also restricting the states from doing the same. There is no authority with a right to restrict our free speech.

The speech in question is merely an opinion. The opinion carries no authority whatsoever.

The free speech rights in the Constitution apply in the USA. Try to invoke your free speech rights in Saudi Arabia or North Korea.

We DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL OTHER COUNTRIES THAT THEIR BELIEFS, CUSTOMS, AND LAWS ARE WRONG AND THAT THEY MUST ADOPT OURS.

Or if you think we have that right, what gives it to us?

So you're saying we shouldn't use our influence to promote human rights across the globe?

We as in the American people making our own decisions about who we want to deal with? Absolutely.

We as in politicians making our moral choices for us? Absolutely ... not ...

Yes, intolerant of intolerance. We should all be intolerant of intolerance. This is why we ridicule racists. Bigots are deserving of intolerance.

Nobody is legislating against their intolerance.

See, thats the problem-----YOU are intolerant of any beliefs that contradict yours.
The Conservative argument that liberals are intolerant of intolerance is moronic. If Conservatives weren't so intolerant for so many centuries then Liberals wouldn't have to put up with your racist, sexist bullshit for so long until we finally get so fed up that we tell you Conservatives how god-damned stupid you are.

GAY MARRIAGE DOES NOT EFFECT YOU UNLESS YOU ARE GAY.

Yes, intolerant of intolerance. We should all be intolerant of intolerance. This is why we ridicule racists. Bigots are deserving of intolerance.

Nobody is legislating against their intolerance.

See, thats the problem-----YOU are intolerant of any beliefs that contradict yours.

LOL, Seawytch endlessly advocates government guns to force everyone to follow her views, then she preaches opposing intolerance...

What we are doing is telling them that their beliefs are wrong and ours are right.
Wrong. "We" are not telling them anything. "Some" people have stated their opinion, which is their right.

The question is who appointed us the morals police of the entire world?
No that's your straw-man. No one said we were appointed to be the morals police of the entire world. No one, but you.

Another straw-man. Many of us do leave other countries alone. So your straw-man that we don't leave other countries alone is just bs.

Second question: Does an american have the right to believe that homosexuality is abnormal and a aberation of the human condition? yes or no.
Of course they do.

next: does the government have the right/authority to dictate what american citizens must believe relative to homesexuality?
Not believe, but act, yes. See civil rights laws. You can believe what you want but you can't act on your beliefs if your actions are against the law, not without breaking the law anyways.

GAY MARRIAGE DOES NOT EFFECT YOU UNLESS YOU ARE GAY

And anyone who needs government to validate who they have sex with is an idiot.
You think sex is the reason that gay people want marriage recognition?

a civil union gives them every right that a married man and woman have.

the gay agenda is not about equality or rights---its about the government dictating to the entire population how they must believe.

Forum List

Back