What Good Does Having TWO Republican Responses Do?

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
It's quite evident that the GOP is engaged in a civil war of epic proportions.

The GOP has a response to the speech, but then the Tea Party has their own response, which is a response to the response.

How confusing, but moreso contradictory.

I really hope the Republicans are able to get it together soon.

This country needs a strong and legitimate conservative party.

What good does it do to have one? What good did it do to have the Democrats respond to Bush's SOTU addresses? Heck, what good does the state of the union address really do? We have Presidents lying through their teeth in a purely political speech that barely anyone watches.

What good does it do to have one? What good did it do to have the Democrats respond to Bush's SOTU addresses? Heck, what good does the state of the union address really do? We have Presidents lying through their teeth in a purely political speech that barely anyone watches.

What are some of the lies?

The GOP has a response to the speech, but then the Tea Party has their own response, which is a response to the response.

Two different groups.

1. The far right old white wackos.

2. The far, far right old white teanut batshit crazy zanies.

What are some of the lies?

That he wants to work with anyone, for example. But hey, it's not like his lies havent been ignored by you for the past 5-6 years. Why would now be any different?

At this point I don't see what good having the State of the Union address is, Let alone the responses. Both are completely Predictable, and nothing but Political Theater. None of them mean what they say.

Obama will say he wants to cut spending, and Reform Entitlements when the truth is he wants to spend more and does not think entitlements need reforming. Then the GOP will say Obama is full of shit, and they can fix things, and we all know that's horse shit.

So what the hell is the point lol.

Last edited:

The only response should come from the highest ranking elected official of the opposition party. I'm not sure why they get these back-benchers to come out front. It helps reveal that it's about nothing but political positioning.

I'm not sure about the TEA party spokeman/woman--I hadn't heard of this. But it should be Boehner giving the official party response; not Rubio, not Ryan, not Senator McConnell.

I just heard that he's doing it bilingual (Rubio). Some would call that pandering....let's be better than that.

Soros Media Matters propaganda network has responses to the GOP 24/7 and the tax exempt entity called "newshounds" monitors and responds to every single word said on Fox. If the president was a republican we would have responses from ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, Al Jazeera, the Comedy Channel and a dozen other left wing sources.

It's not confusing if you actually listen to what they ahve to say. Why shouldn't there be differences within a political party? Seems healthy to me.

It's not confusing if you actually listen to what they ahve to say. Why shouldn't there be differences within a political party? Seems healthy to me.

We have some people who seem to think that unless you are lock step with party leaders, that's bad. Not really sure why. Ironically, they call us the sheep.

We have some people who seem to think that unless you are lock step with party leaders, that's bad. Not really sure why. Ironically, they call us the sheep.

You mean like the GOP'ers who've thrown Colin Powell overboard?

Colin Powell isn't differing within the party. He is actively supporting Democrats.

Colin Powell isn't differing within the party. He is actively supporting Democrats.

So?

That proves the point. The current Republican party rejects anything that has any bi-partisan component to it whatsoever.

Forum List

Back