What Good Does Having TWO Republican Responses Do?

It's not confusing if you actually listen to what they ahve to say. Why shouldn't there be differences within a political party? Seems healthy to me.

It's not confusing if you actually listen to what they ahve to say. Why shouldn't there be differences within a political party? Seems healthy to me.

We have some people who seem to think that unless you are lock step with party leaders, that's bad. Not really sure why. Ironically, they call us the sheep.

Boy....this is some Grade-A spin right here.

5522501717_Spin_1_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

Mind you get dizzy.

Why do we need a State of the Union address at all do we really need a specific day for one party to tell us how great they are and the other to tell us that's bullshit?
Because it's been done that way for most if not the entire past century. AKA...it's tradition.

What good does it do to have one? What good did it do to have the Democrats respond to Bush's SOTU addresses? Heck, what good does the state of the union address really do? We have Presidents lying through their teeth in a purely political speech that barely anyone watches.

What? There was a State of the Union tonight? I had paint drying that needed to be watched, I totally forget to tune in to hear the annual shit load of rhetoric and lies.

I did really forget, I don't have a TV. Not that I'll Google it or anything, it's just bombastic rhetoric, and so is the response. Anyone who agrees with any of it or believes in any of it has their ego too heavily invested in the personalities and partisan politics, and doesn't see the larger picture. Pure theater, that is all it is. Only the actors aren't as good looking or nearly as entertaining. (Well, except for maybe the POTUS. It doesn't matter what your politics are, you have to hand it to the elites, they haven't found a performer that good since Reagan. And he was an actor after all. :cool: )

89781830-obamas-state-of-the-union.jpg
RogerR20130212_low.jpg
rubio-state-of-the-union.jpg
130204_cartoon_600.jpg
State-of-the-Uniongif.gif
Path-to-Citizenship-Politics.jpg

:tongue:

It's quite evident that the GOP is engaged in a civil war of epic proportions.

The GOP has a response to the speech, but then the Tea Party has their own response, which is a response to the response.

How confusing, but moreso contradictory.

I really hope the Republicans are able to get it together soon.

This country needs a strong and legitimate conservative party.

Not gonna happen until the GOP is rendered moot. Of course this is bad because the Democratic Party has given up on the economy.

There's a schism on the right, but neither faction has it correct. But the center left is noticing the continued fail by this administration and they are getting antsy too. I see a fiscally conservative coalition developing, one that doesn't buy into the class warfare and race-baiting. The only color the younger generation really cares about is green and they know they don't have enough of it.

We have some people who seem to think that unless you are lock step with party leaders, that's bad. Not really sure why. Ironically, they call us the sheep.

You mean like the GOP'ers who've thrown Colin Powell overboard?

Gen. Powell did that when he endorsed Obama twice.

Why do we need a State of the Union address at all do we really need a specific day for one party to tell us how great they are and the other to tell us that's bullshit?
Because it's been done that way for most if not the entire past century. AKA...it's tradition.

Or it could be a constitutional mandate.

It's not. The Constitution does not mandate that the President get up and give a political speech. In fact, a number of Presidents have sent Congress a letter letting them know the State of the Union.

The GOP has a response to the speech, but then the Tea Party has their own response, which is a response to the response.

We have a strong conservative party. It's called the Democrats.

We have a strong conservative party. It's called the Democrats.

You do know what conservative means, right?

What good does it do to have one? What good did it do to have the Democrats respond to Bush's SOTU addresses? Heck, what good does the state of the union address really do? We have Presidents lying through their teeth in a purely political speech that barely anyone watches.
Here In So. Cal, everybody was watching the gunbattle in Big Bear.....In fact, all the local stations, KTLA, KCAL 9, and KTTV didn't even bother showing the stammering, stuttering Ineptness In Chief. They stayed with the real story.

Rand Paul is ensuring that he alienates enough of the Republican party so he ends up right where his father was. Its stupid really. Without the gop Paul CAN NOT win a nomination much less a presidency.

Im not passing judgment on Paul just this division that he apparently thinks will do him no harm.

That would be an everyday occurrence these days.

Forum List

Back