What Happened to Chicago’s Murder Rate After Illinois Upheld Concealed Carry

What Happened to Chicago’s Murder Rate After Illinois Upheld Concealed Carry and Why it Matters

But if everyone is packing, how do the libtards protect their leg-breakers and shylocks?

This is some funny shit. If you really believe that allowing concealed carry in Chicago helped drop the murder rate, you're out of your frickin mind. You want to know why there were less gun deaths and less shootings? You will think I'm nuts, but when you think about it you will know that I'm correct. The reason there were less shootings and killings in Chicago the first three months of this year is because it was so fucking cold that nobody went outside. Everyone, including the gangbangers who commit most of these murders, were too busy trying to stay warm. Just wait until the weather warms up and they are back on the streets, and the shootings will go right back up again.

X2, if the right wing idiots think this has anything to do with concealed carry, they are out of their damn minds. The gangbangers have been carrying for years, and virtually every shooting is gang on gang violence.
The shootings are down because the chicago winter was the 3rd most brutal in history. Once the summer hits, watch the shootings come back.

Lol, wow, the first cold winter in Chitcago history!

lololololololol

You fucking losers are so damned pathetic. People in Chitcago are quite used to cold weather. You would attribute the predictable drop in crime to ANYTHING other than the obvious; criminals don't like to risk their lives robbing and/or assaulting people who might shoot back.

And since not 100% of Chitcago's crime is caused by Gang Bangers any drop in criminal activity by regular murdering thieves would drop.

roflmao.

It can't be the concealed carry....it just can't be. Only progressive ideas work.

I'm sure the liberal media will chalk this one up to one of the Hussein's speeches. He inspired the good black folks to stop killing each other. Yea....that had to be it....

No, it was the weather.

Yeah, I mean who would expect WEATHER these days?

What Happened to Chicago’s Murder Rate After Illinois Upheld Concealed Carry and Why it Matters

In July of 2013, Illinois became the last state in the union to enact a concealed carry law. In January of this year, the state began accepting applications for permits. This week, Chicago police announced that the city’s first quarter murder rate was the lowest since 1958.

Via ABC-affiliate Eye Witness News in the Windy City:
◾The first three months of the year saw 6 fewer murders than the same time frame in 2013–a 9 percent drop–and 55 fewer murders than 2012, according to a statement from Chicago Police.
◾There were 90 fewer shootings and 119 fewer shooting victims, drops of 26 and 29 percent respectively, according to police statistics.
◾Compared to the first quarter of 2012, there have been 222 fewer shootings and 292 fewer shooting victims. Overall crime is down 25 percent from last year, and police said more than 1,300 illegal guns were recovered in the last three months.

Coincidence? Hard to say. And too early to tell. Although, I doubt that the anti-gun crowd is celebrating the good news.

Gun crime experts John Lott, Jr. and David Mustard made the famous argument in “Crime, Deterrence, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Firearms” that: “When state concealed handgun laws went into effect in a county, murders fell by 8.5 percent, and rapes and aggravated assaults fell by 5 and 7 percent.” More guns mean less crime.

Gary Kleck, PhD., also a gun crime expert, found that the crime deterrence effect of firearms possession is significant: sophisticated statistics suggest three to four crimes are stopped by a handgun than are committed in the United States every year.

But if everyone is packing, how do the libtards protect their leg-breakers and shylocks?

This is some funny shit. If you really believe that allowing concealed carry in Chicago helped drop the murder rate, you're out of your frickin mind. You want to know why there were less gun deaths and less shootings? You will think I'm nuts, but when you think about it you will know that I'm correct. The reason there were less shootings and killings in Chicago the first three months of this year is because it was so fucking cold that nobody went outside. Everyone, including the gangbangers who commit most of these murders, were too busy trying to stay warm. Just wait until the weather warms up and they are back on the streets, and the shootings will go right back up again.

Ah, so criminals just decided to not eat for three months? To go cold turkey with their drug habits, or their lifestyle because the people in Chitcago are just so not used to doing anything in the fucking cold?

lol, you are an ignoramus.

A trusting liberal pol would post prominent "Gun Free Zone" signs at every entrance to city hall and, in that trust, store away all the fancy metal detectors. Particularly around the mayoral office.

Or just turn off all the heaters according the libtards on this thread cause criminals in Chitcago are such pussies they cant handle the cold.

That is a good point though, the overwhelming majority of shootings in Chicago are gang-related crimes, it is hard to believe most of them give a shit whether their victim might be armed hell they might even have already assumed it regardless of the new law.

It is also hard to believe the weather is completely responsible, as JimBowie noted Chicago winters are nothing new and even an unseasonably cold one shouldn't change crime this much. The year actually started off pretty badly with 40 homicides in January, so blaming cold weather doesn't really hold up.

Might be as simple as buckets of money and manpower:

Chicago Homicides Down Drastically In 2013 To Fewest Murders Since 1965, Police Say
the drop in homicides, shootings and other violent crimes coincides with changes in police strategies, including tactics targeting violent street gangs that are responsible for the vast majority of the city's gun crimes and, significantly, about $100 million in overtime pay for hundreds of officers deployed nightly to high crime areas.

Not sure if that is sustainable but seems a bit more plausible than weather or concealed carry policies.

It can't be the concealed carry....it just can't be. Only progressive ideas work.

I'm sure the liberal media will chalk this one up to one of the Hussein's speeches. He inspired the good black folks to stop killing each other. Yea....that had to be it....

No, it was the weather.

Yeah, I mean who would expect WEATHER these days?

quite the conundrum for the left

is it climate change

or

anti gun control laws

--LOL

Ah, so criminals just decided to not eat for three months? To go cold turkey with their drug habits, or their lifestyle because the people in Chitcago are just so not used to doing anything in the fucking cold?

Wait until the murders go up next quarter. Then we shall know who the ignoramus is. I love people who talk shit and have no clue what they are talking about. It makes for some interesting reading. Maybe you can explain to everyone why the murder rate in Chicago was almost cut in half from the early 1990's to last year. You see, I lived in Chicago for many years. In the early 90's, there were close to 1000 murders per year. Last year's 506 was much lower, with gun control laws in effect. Want to explain how that was possible?

As for the cold weather, I live in a city that has similar weather to Chicago. School was cancelled 17 days this year due to weather. Yea, it actually has a lot to do with the crime rate.

Wait until the murders go up next quarter. Then we shall know who the ignoramus is. I love people who talk shit and have no clue what they are talking about. It makes for some interesting reading. Maybe you can explain to everyone why the murder rate in Chicago was almost cut in half from the early 1990's to last year. You see, I lived in Chicago for many years. In the early 90's, there were close to 1000 murders per year. Last year's 506 was much lower, with gun control laws in effect. Want to explain how that was possible?

As for the cold weather, I live in a city that has similar weather to Chicago. School was cancelled 17 days this year due to weather. Yea, it actually has a lot to do with the crime rate.

We really should revisit the stats a year hence. And every year thence. :)

The state of Illinois' (and Chicago's too) gun laws have done nothing but denied the right of its citizens the opportunity to legally and (hopefully) responsibly protect themselves from the elements who never were nor ever will be controlled by ANY law.

So when shootings stay down in the summer, are you going to blame the heat? Lol, what an idiot.

Wait until the murders go up next quarter.
Interesting that you hope this happens.

As a conservative long time member of the NRA and the ISRA, I would agree the winter has been severe enough in Illinois to cut down on crime, but the new law has helped also. A lot more will register for Conceal and Carry this year. Hopefully, the national reciprocity law will go into effect.

Wait until the murders go up next quarter.

No, ass hat, wait until the stats go up when compared to the same time frame last year.

Then we shall know who the ignoramus is. I love people who talk shit and have no clue what they are talking about.

Yeah, seems to run in your family.

It makes for some interesting reading. Maybe you can explain to everyone why the murder rate in Chicago was almost cut in half from the early 1990's to last year.

Lol, why? I am not claiming no other factors can lower crime rates, jack ass. I do note that Chitcago deliberately changed their methods of doing statistics so that their crime stats couldn't be used in FBI crime reports.

That whole city is run by and for criminals. I do know that.

In July of 2013, Illinois became the last state in the union to enact a concealed carry law. In January of this year, the state began accepting applications for permits. This week, Chicago police announced that the city’s first quarter murder rate was the lowest since 1958.

◾The first three months of the year saw 6 fewer murders than the same time frame in 2013–a 9 percent drop–and 55 fewer murders than 2012, according to a statement from Chicago Police.
◾There were 90 fewer shootings and 119 fewer shooting victims, drops of 26 and 29 percent respectively, according to police statistics.
◾Compared to the first quarter of 2012, there have been 222 fewer shootings and 292 fewer shooting victims. Overall crime is down 25 percent from last year, and police said more than 1,300 illegal guns were recovered in the last three months.

Coincidence? Hard to say. And too early to tell. Although, I doubt that the anti-gun crowd is celebrating the good news.

Gun crime experts John Lott, Jr. and David Mustard made the famous argument in “Crime, Deterrence, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Firearms” that: “When state concealed handgun laws went into effect in a county, murders fell by 8.5 percent, and rapes and aggravated assaults fell by 5 and 7 percent.” More guns mean less crime.

Gary Kleck, PhD., also a gun crime expert, found that the crime deterrence effect of firearms possession is significant: sophisticated statistics suggest three to four crimes are stopped by a handgun than are committed in the United States every year.

There is little or no correlation between the two.

I always find it interesting that removing gun restrictions always has better results than placing restrictive gun laws.

I think it would be shortsighted to explain the drop in crime on a new gun law. I doubt the nigs from the hood are too scared of Joe White and his gay little Kimber. Sounds like bad math.

The first three months there was a decline because it was too cold to go out.

And that's it.

Summers coming. Make no mistake.

Forum List

Back