What Happened to Chicago’s Murder Rate After Illinois Upheld Concealed Carry

70% of all gun related deaths in the US are suicide. Most of those being white guys in Red States. See? It's not as bad as we thought. Very few blacks commit suicide.

I always find it interesting that removing gun restrictions always has better results than placing restrictive gun laws.

There is no solid proof either way. Especially the flawed OP....

Flawed OP> Hell, I link to an article that notes that crimes went down, Skippy, and its my flaw?

Lol, you haven't even established a flaw exists.

Here, you are flawed with your head so far up your ass you cant see shit.

how's that for a flaw, jack ass?

They crime rates have been going down for the past 20 years. Long before the time-line in your flawed, pathetic OP ..... Moron.

Jim Bowie 1958 - yet another reason why IQ tests should be mandatory before being allowed to vote...

Chicago is now ahead of last year's murder pace. Is concealed carry the reason why? If it was the reason for the decrease earlier this year, surely it is why murders have shot up this spring.

What Happened to Chicago’s Murder Rate After Illinois Upheld Concealed Carry and Why it Matters

In July of 2013, Illinois became the last state in the union to enact a concealed carry law. In January of this year, the state began accepting applications for permits. This week, Chicago police announced that the city’s first quarter murder rate was the lowest since 1958.

Via ABC-affiliate Eye Witness News in the Windy City:
◾The first three months of the year saw 6 fewer murders than the same time frame in 2013–a 9 percent drop–and 55 fewer murders than 2012, according to a statement from Chicago Police.
◾There were 90 fewer shootings and 119 fewer shooting victims, drops of 26 and 29 percent respectively, according to police statistics.
◾Compared to the first quarter of 2012, there have been 222 fewer shootings and 292 fewer shooting victims. Overall crime is down 25 percent from last year, and police said more than 1,300 illegal guns were recovered in the last three months.

Coincidence? Hard to say. And too early to tell. Although, I doubt that the anti-gun crowd is celebrating the good news.

Gun crime experts John Lott, Jr. and David Mustard made the famous argument in “Crime, Deterrence, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Firearms” that: “When state concealed handgun laws went into effect in a county, murders fell by 8.5 percent, and rapes and aggravated assaults fell by 5 and 7 percent.” More guns mean less crime.

Gary Kleck, PhD., also a gun crime expert, found that the crime deterrence effect of firearms possession is significant: sophisticated statistics suggest three to four crimes are stopped by a handgun than are committed in the United States every year.

But if everyone is packing, how do the libtards protect their leg-breakers and shylocks?

Lol, and Manchester negged me for this post, lolol.

I guess he has to prove to the world he is a PC Nazi.

Forum List

Back