What Happened to Chicago’s Murder Rate After Illinois Upheld Concealed Carry

Jan-Mar were brutal weather wise in Chicago. This needs more time.
Get back to us at the end of the year. Please and thank you. :thup:

Yeah, it's never been brutally cold in Chicago before, so we'd better wait...maybe there'll be some government supported mass shootings to get that rate back up there.

hey, maybe global warming, not guns is responsible for chicago murder rates lol

yet they are lower for the month and ytd compared to previous years. I think i read murders were down 25% and shootings down 38%. no restrictive gun laws have ever come even close to those kind of numbers

Murders aren't down anywhere close to 25% YTD and they have been on a steady decline over the last 20+ years without concealed carry. I don't attribute any of the decreases to laws restricting guns or concealed carry.

1st Q of 2013: 75
1st Q of 2014: 69

Chicago Murders by Year
1991: 927
1992: 943
1993: 855
1994: 931
1995: 828
1996: 796
1997: 761
1998: 704
1999: 643
2000: 633
2001: 667
2002: 656
2003: 601
2004: 453
2005: 451
2006: 471
2007: 448
2008: 513
2009: 459
2010: 436
2011: 435
2012: 516
2013: 415

according to the Chicago PD they are. and what really matters is how much they have dropped now that concealled carry is allowed. any previous data prior is irrelevant to this discussion.

Police: 20 murders in February, fourth lowest total on record | Homicide Watch Chicago | Mark every death. Remember every victim. Follow every case.

Through the first two months of 2014, murders are down 25 percent and shootings are down 38 percent compared to the same time last year.

So you are going to ignore decreases that were greater without concealed carry because it doesn't fit your view. I don't really care why they are going down, just that they are going down but it isn't because concealed carry.

And that data is a month old and murders are no longer down 25 percent year over year.

Police: March murders increase from 2013, but stay near record low | Homicide Watch Chicago | Mark every death. Remember every victim. Follow every case.

Yeah, it's never been brutally cold in Chicago before, so we'd better wait...maybe there'll be some government supported mass shootings to get that rate back up there.

Murder rates are down in almost all major cities regardless of their gun laws

One of the cities still struggling with its murder rate is New Orleans which has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the nation

Yeah, you are all talk, RW. Went with your strength, that was smart.

But that was a silly bar fight, not a situation where your life was at stake.

The dude obviously didn't have you on your back on the ground beating your head in.

This is why you libtards just cant imagine letting people walk around with guns; you think we all would react like you would were you armed.
if it is so easy to talk these killers down why do we still have so many murders? A concealed carry would be much more effectetive at talking the guy with the knife down. it would also make him think twice about pullin the knife

Or pulling a gun could escallate a tense situation into a gunfight

Which is why people with training and legally carrying DONT pull their guns unless NECESARY. If they have been trained, they know the risks after killing the other person includes possible criminal charges, civil suits and living with that shit in your head the rest of your life.

Only ignorant ass holes, and libtards, would even consider pulling unless their lives were at stake. And why you libtards cant understand the whole topic; you are nothing but over grown children on almost any issue.

Murders aren't down anywhere close to 25% YTD and they have been on a steady decline over the last 20+ years without concealed carry. I don't attribute any of the decreases to laws restricting guns or concealed carry.

Chicago Murders by Year

according to the Chicago PD they are. and what really matters is how much they have dropped now that concealled carry is allowed. any previous data prior is irrelevant to this discussion.

Police: 20 murders in February, fourth lowest total on record | Homicide Watch Chicago | Mark every death. Remember every victim. Follow every case.

Through the first two months of 2014, murders are down 25 percent and shootings are down 38 percent compared to the same time last year.

So you are going to ignore decreases that were greater without concealed carry because it doesn't fit your view. I don't really care why they are going down, just that they are going down but it isn't because concealed carry.

And that data is a month old and murders are no longer down 25 percent year over year.

Police: March murders increase from 2013, but stay near record low | Homicide Watch Chicago | Mark every death. Remember every victim. Follow every case.

Concealed carry is one factor among others but there was no INCREASE at all, in fact a record decrease in murder rates.

Now was 100% of that dip ALL due to weather? or all due to concealed carry? A reasonable person would say no, there can be3 and probably multiple factors.

But ideological nitwits like you insist that concealed carry has absolutely NOTHING to do with it, and that is why you are libtards.

One of the cities still struggling with its murder rate is New Orleans which has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the nation

Yeah, right, the city that sent its cops door to door to take away everyones guns by force is the least restrictive.

Lol, you are a fucking fool.

if it is so easy to talk these killers down why do we still have so many murders? A concealed carry would be much more effectetive at talking the guy with the knife down. it would also make him think twice about pullin the knife

Which is why people with training and legally carrying DONT pull their guns unless NECESARY. If they have been trained, they know the risks after killing the other person includes possible criminal charges, civil suits and living with that shit in your head the rest of your life.

Only ignorant ass holes, and libtards, would even consider pulling unless their lives were at stake. And why you libtards cant understand the whole topic; you are nothing but over grown children on almost any issue.

Wow....such responsible gun owners
It is a wonder we have any murders at all. Unfortunately these responsible gun owners still find their weapons used in arguments, domestic disputes and suicides

See post 64, this happens EVERY year in Chicago.

Yes, I am sure all these things happens every year in Chicago just like every other city.

It is the frequency of occurrence we are discussing.

Yes, and the frequency of occurrence of murders in Chicago go down in the cold weather months and go up in the warm weather months. You don't know what you are talking about and should have never created this thread, it just makes you look uninformed.

Lol, you deny that concealed carry cannot have ANYHTIHNG to do with a drop in murder rates though you admit that there have been colder winters before, and you ignore the WILD WEST IN OUR STREETS nonsense that you gun grabbing fools predicted over and over and over.

On the other hand I admit that other factors could also play into what happened, but concealed carry is one of them and I think the most impact.

But I am uninformed? roflmao

You are an ignoramus on parade, dude.

Yeah, right, the city that sent its cops door to door to take away everyones guns by force is the least restrictive.

Lol, you are a fucking fool.

Damn

You lose again

Gun laws in Louisiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Concealed carry is one factor among others but there was no INCREASE at all, in fact a record decrease in murder rates.

Now was 100% of that dip ALL due to weather? or all due to concealed carry? A reasonable person would say no, there can be3 and probably multiple factors.

But ideological nitwits like you insist that concealed carry has absolutely NOTHING to do with it, and that is why you are libtards.

It does have nothing to do with concealed carry because a vast majority of Chicago's murders are gang driven. I have absolutely no issue with concealed carry, it will probably help drive down robbery rates but it isn't going to do shit in Chicago in regards to murders/shootings.

Wow....such responsible gun owners
It is a wonder we have any murders at all.

Why the wonder when we still have fools like you out there?

Unfortunately these responsible gun owners still find their weapons used in arguments, domestic disputes and suicides

It happens from time to time, but it isn't typical nor does it ac count for a significant number of murders.

Of course had you given a link to support your claim folks could see for themselves instead of just taking a liars word for anything.

Lol, when law makers consider allowing concealed carry, the libtard gun grabbing fascist scream 'IT WILL BE THE WILD WEST IN OUR STREETS!'

Then when crime actually goes down, it was not the legalizing of concealed carry it was the dropping birth rates, the better educational levels, or the weather, lol.

You ass hats are so fucking stupid it defies the bounds of language.

Um......I live in the Chicago area. I have been in this area for over a decade. It's pretty much when this crap gets started: summer. It's no big secret that crime dropped. It's been several years since we have had to deal with weeks of never ending below zero temperatures-you fucking whackjob. I'm actually pro gun rights. But, you weren't smart enough to ask.

And you are a stupid fucktard if you think that professional criminals are too soft to go out in cold weather, ass hat.

It?s so cold an escaped prisoner turned himself in | New York Post

Yes, I am sure all these things happens every year in Chicago just like every other city.

It is the frequency of occurrence we are discussing.

Yes, and the frequency of occurrence of murders in Chicago go down in the cold weather months and go up in the warm weather months. You don't know what you are talking about and should have never created this thread, it just makes you look uninformed.

Lol, you deny that concealed carry cannot have ANYHTIHNG to do with a drop in murder rates though you admit that there have been colder winters before, and you ignore the WILD WEST IN OUR STREETS nonsense that you gun grabbing fools predicted over and over and over.

On the other hand I admit that other factors could also play into what happened, but concealed carry is one of them and I think the most impact.

You are uninformed because you know nothing about Chicago. I never said it would be the wild west in the streets because of concealed carry, in fact I have no issue at all with concealed carry. And this was the coldest winter since they started recordings temps in Chicago.

Murders have been going down for years without concealed carry, as already shown, but concealed is now having the most impact with furthers decreases in murder. :cuckoo:

Chicago Murders by Year

interesting. we have been saying all along that murder rates have been dropping nationally without the gun bans you gun grabbers want. in fact the rates in the usa have dropped at the same or better rates since clintons assualy weapons ban was allowed to expire than for any cuntry that has introduced restrictive legislation. at the same time, the number of guns has doubled. significantly more guns has been resulting in less homicides in the USA. Chicago's numbers have been following that trend. now we are seeing that by allowing citizens their constitutional right the numbers continue to drop even faster. 25% and 38% in the fisrts two months. Lets hope the trend continues. We all know gun grabbers are hoping for a mass killing to result, but the rest of us are optomistic about the trend. Optomistic too that the rights of citizens are n longer being trampled. thats what freedom is all about

It does have nothing to do with concealed carry because a vast majority of Chicago's murders are gang driven. I have absolutely no issue with concealed carry, it will probably help drive down robbery rates but it isn't going to do shit in Chicago in regards to murders/shootings.

so you are finally admitting the problem is gangs not guns

Yeah, you are all talk, RW. Went with your strength, that was smart.

But that was a silly bar fight, not a situation where your life was at stake.

The dude obviously didn't have you on your back on the ground beating your head in.

This is why you libtards just cant imagine letting people walk around with guns; you think we all would react like you would were you armed.

Thats cool,since the other guy has a knife and all.

so you are finally admitting the problem is gangs not guns

Gangs are definitely the problem in Chicago. I'm not a fan of guns myself but I'm not a gun grabber.

After the last winter, I'm a little disappointed in global warming.

Um......I live in the Chicago area. I have been in this area for over a decade. It's pretty much when this crap gets started: summer. It's no big secret that crime dropped. It's been several years since we have had to deal with weeks of never ending below zero temperatures-you fucking whackjob. I'm actually pro gun rights. But, you weren't smart enough to ask.

And you are a stupid fucktard if you think that professional criminals are too soft to go out in cold weather, ass hat.

It?s so cold an escaped prisoner turned himself in | New York Post

Yes, because one counter anecdotal example proves the rule, right.

You are uninformed because you know nothing about Chicago. I never said it would be the wild west in the streets because of concealed carry, in fact I have no issue at all with concealed carry. And this was the coldest winter since they started recordings temps in Chicago.

Murders have been going down for years without concealed carry, as already shown, but concealed is now having the most impact with furthers decreases in murder. :cuckoo:

Could you restate that in English please?

Forum List

Back