What happened to our Freedom?

Come on. What s the OP's point?

We have lost no freedom. If you nutters understood how strongly liberals like me value freedom, you'd stop trying to claim the concept. If people like me have anything to say about it ( and we do ) you will not lose your freedom.

Stop it already!!!!!!!!

Good post. The "nutters" don't understand the political party and or ideology they support is more in tune with taking away rights and freedom than expanding them. Gay Marriage, Abortion, Unionism, the right to bargin collectively and Voting are all under attack by those who falsly claim to be defenders of freedom.

The bar owner is free to allow smoking in his home, not his place of business. He is not "free" to serve alcohol to minors either. You own a public business you have to follow the rules and regulations

As pointed out before, there is a legal principle know as the assumption of liability, this principle is violated by these bans. You brought up minors in a way to deflect from reality

NASCAR is a public business, baseball is a public business. Both exist as they are because the basic freedom to determine one own level of risk also exists.

The bar owner should be able to exercise that principle as well.

If not, why not?

You stated earlier that bar owners do not like smokers. It would then seem to me, if that indeed is a fact, most bars would not allow smoking in their business. I would applaud them, and governmental bans would be uneccessary

The problem for bar owners was nobody wanted to be the first to say no to smokers for fear they would run to the competition

Now, bar owners would not want to be the first to say yes

That genie is out of the bottle

Yet you forgot to answer the question.

If no bar owner would not want to be the first to allow smoking, then your ban is useless and should be lifted, correct?

"We" decided that having a welfare/warfare state was more important than individual freedoms.

Next question, please.

We are more free today than at any time in our history

Did they scare you into saying that ?

Obama-administration-confirms-4-Americans-killed-by-US-drones

That's it?

Hunting traitors operating in foreign lands? You take up arms against your country, you have lost any expectation of freedom

We are more free today than at any time in our history

Did they scare you into saying that ?

Obama-administration-confirms-4-Americans-killed-by-US-drones

Hunting traitors operating in foreign lands? You take up arms against your country, you have lost any expectation of freedom

That's it?

U.S. Constitution - Amendment 5
Amendment 5 - Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings

<<Back | Table of Contents | Next>>

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

In Hamdi v. Rumsfeld (2004) SCOTUS decided that the government must give a U.S. citizen a hearing at which he can contest the facts on which the government decided to treat him as an enemy combatant.

The bar owner is free to allow smoking in his home, not his place of business. He is not "free" to serve alcohol to minors either. You own a public business you have to follow the rules and regulations

As pointed out before, there is a legal principle know as the assumption of liability, this principle is violated by these bans. You brought up minors in a way to deflect from reality

NASCAR is a public business, baseball is a public business. Both exist as they are because the basic freedom to determine one own level of risk also exists.

The bar owner should be able to exercise that principle as well.

If not, why not?

You stated earlier that bar owners do not like smokers. It would then seem to me, if that indeed is a fact, most bars would not allow smoking in their business. I would applaud them, and governmental bans would be uneccessary

The problem for bar owners was nobody wanted to be the first to say no to smokers for fear they would run to the competition

Now, bar owners would not want to be the first to say yes

That genie is out of the bottle

Yer lying, kid! news flash: when smoking in bars was banned, business dropped! Reality: drinkers generally smoke, and smokers generally drink!

What can't you do anymore?

I don't smoke, but most smokers will tell you that they can't smoke in restaurants any longer. Smokers in San Rafael, California will tell you they can't even smoke in their own homes any longer.

California city bans smoking in duplexes and other multi-family homes - U.S. News

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. - A San Francisco suburb on Monday banned smoking in duplexes, condominiums and other multi-family homes, with city leaders saying they hoped to lead a wave of such regulations across California and ultimately the country.

California - no-smoke.org

And here is a wiki list of other states that infringe on smoker's rights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_smoking_bans_in_the_United_States

Immie

I don't smoke, but most smokers will tell you that they can't smoke in restaurants any longer. Smokers in San Rafael, California will tell you they can't even smoke in their own homes any longer.

California city bans smoking in duplexes and other multi-family homes - U.S. News

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. - A San Francisco suburb on Monday banned smoking in duplexes, condominiums and other multi-family homes, with city leaders saying they hoped to lead a wave of such regulations across California and ultimately the country.

Immie

Gotta admit, that is definitely bullshit.

Immie

What I said, or the laws themselves?

Are you saying, San Rafael has not outlawed smoking in your own home?

Immie

Immie

Immie

The law, of course.

Why else would I start with "gotta admit"?

Immie

The law, of course.

Why else would I start with "gotta admit"?

Thought it was the law, but for all I knew you could have been saying that my statement that people in San Rafael could not smoke in their own homes was not true. Who knows, maybe they can and that link is just another media lie? I left the SF Bay Area nearly 20 years ago. Maybe they can still smoke in their homes. :)

I have learned to take every article with a grain of salt these days. Don't trust a single news source any longer.

Immie

Speak English.

40 years ago even 3 graders would have likely understood what a baccalaureate service was; as well as, commencement exercises. PS> The King James verson of the Bible was written in 5 grade English. Something perhaps too complex for even a graduating senior today. Do you see a purpose for teaching Latin in high school..?
So you lost the freedom to use our schools as a church....what else ya got?

Come on dude, admit that so long as you get your welfare check and other government benefits on time you don't give a shit about freedom.

Freedom is what it has always been. Relative. Not absolute. We have always had to answer to a higher power even if we do not recognize it. Freedom of choice that is GOD given gives us relative freedom. WE are responsible for the amount of freedom we have.

40 years ago even 3 graders would have likely understood what a baccalaureate service was; as well as, commencement exercises. PS> The King James verson of the Bible was written in 5 grade English. Something perhaps too complex for even a graduating senior today. Do you see a purpose for teaching Latin in high school..?
So you lost the freedom to use our schools as a church....what else ya got?

Come on dude, admit that so long as you get your welfare check and other government benefits on time you don't give a shit about freedom.

Is that REALLY the best ya got?

Come on dude

A biblical understanding of God was and is the only thing that made us stand out from all other nations.

A biblical understanding of God was and is the only thing that made us stand out from all other nations.

Come on Nipps.....

Even you don't believe that one

I do believe this. Americans have been involved in more mission work, more humanitarian effort, more siding with those oppressed than any nation I can think of. And I feel it is because we at one time believed that God wanted the US to be His embassabor to the world. I feel that this is exactly what God expected of the nation of Israel. But they too fell short.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back