What happened to TRUE bi-partanship?

You exeplify the problem in America right now

Yep. That's what talk radio and then the internet has done to two generations of (what used to be) conservatives.

They're at war. The rest of us are not. Shades of 9/11.
All you Change America folks had to do was leave the workings of America alone…..help good, real core Americans protect it and preserve it. You fucked up.

Back in the 80's, President Regan (republican) and Tip O'Neal (democrat & majority whip) would leave contentiousness outside the the capitol steps and socialize, and have lunch together frequently. We lost that, and I miss that. I know it sounds pat, but...united we stand, divided we fall.
It went out the window when Clinton became President and now you can just forget about it.

All you Change America folks had to do was leave the workings of America alone…..help good, real core Americans protect it and preserve it. You fucked up.
Haha, when was this golden year that everything was good and should be left alone?? and what’s the result of our fuck up?

Back in the 80's, President Regan (republican) and Tip O'Neal (democrat & majority whip) would leave contentiousness outside the the capitol steps and socialize, and have lunch together frequently. We lost that, and I miss that. I know it sounds pat, but...united we stand, divided we fall.
Don't know to much about Tip O'Neal but he did play a small role in an episode of Cheers for those that didn't know.

However you slice it, this political rancor isn't doing any of us any favors. I have My own incites on how this evolved. (It involves foreign intervention). Take a breather and refrain from blaming the "other". Just STOP. We NEVER where at each others throats like this before. Offer a handshake. Just stop playing the hate game.

Fuck this bullshit!
The sword of polarization needs to be sharpened more than ever before!!!

Mary L.. Did you fail to recognize that the electorate voted the House to the Repubs in a challenge to put up or shut up?
If the Repubs aren't up to the challenge, THEN ALL IS LOST!!

I lay the loss of bipartisanship on Rush Limbaugh's popularity in turning partisan politics into a sporting event and equally on liberal media (especially comedians) disrespectful regard of those with conservative views.

Good real Americans should HATE Democrats like Hitler hated Jews…Democrats are America’s worse enemy and they should be treated as such…NO EXCEPTIONS!
And that's why we can't have bipartisinship.

To paraphrase Golda Meir, "It's hard to compromise with people who want you dead."

The ugly truth is that anyone who ever bought into the bullshit that there was ever a moral high ground in American politics, ignores the sum total of our history at their own peril.

Money, money and MONEY. With the Koch brothers (especially) throwing money at politics, it become something else.

Wow. I haven’t heard the Koch brothers thingy for quite a while.
Great job. You get a star on your leftist card!

1BC36D0E-0B76-476B-BE73-AF8610965D7D.jpeg

Mary L.. Did you fail to recognize that the electorate voted the House to the Repubs in a challenge to put up or shut up?
If the Repubs aren't up to the challenge, THEN ALL IS LOST!!
Without Trump the Republicans have no spine. Prior to Trump Democrats and their asshole pals in the MSM shit on Republicans daily and the Republicans stood there and apologized.

Conversely, it’s hard to compromise with people hell-bent on changing and degrading America.
You cannot compromise with Democrats, they LIE! Democrats have repeatedly failed to hold up their end of a compromise. They never intended to from the start. That's why so much of the legislation gives Dems what they want immediately, and what we were supposed to get in return is pushed off into the future. Then Dems weasel out of their end.

Hell Democrats have been caught red handed discussing how they will screw us over before the legislation is even signed.

I'll throw the offer out there again. Democrats lets divide the country. We need nothing from you and have nothing in common with you. Let's agree to live apart. Then you can do whatever the hell you want in your own country. Go abort a bunch of babies, rip their limbs off. Descend into depravity. Jack the tax rate up to 80% you know you want to. It would be utopia for your species.

Forum List

Back