What happens if Republicans manage to knock 20 million Americans off health care?

No one should survive at public expense. It's not your money.

Leave charity with charitable organizations.

You don't get it... if people don't have insurance anymore and have to go to the ER, they will just get a huge ER bill they can't pay. Which then means they get their credit ruined, which means then they can't buy cars and houses, which means it hurts the economy, which means health care cost go up, because health care is REQUIRED to treat people that go to the ER, and won't be getting paid for it... so that means if you do have insurance? Yeah it's going to go up regardless, along with the out of pocket costs.

I get it just fine.

No, you don't. Not to mention, then because you have ERs packed with people, guess what happens to the quality of care there? Not just for the people you think are leaches on society, but yes, you, the people that might have to go there even with insurance. And I'm sorry, but they aren't going to let people with insurance jump line.
Leeches!

Actually... you have a point there Owebo.

The Libs seem to think that a raise of the min wage from nat $7.25 to $15/h will fix everything. That's an increase of [gross] $310 a month. They have often claimed that this will go into the economy since the min wage workers will spend more.

ACA, for the Bonze plan, has a monthly premium of $311/m according to CNN - Is Obamacare really affordable? Not for the middle class.
They also note that they expect that will be $744/m in 2017 (with a $6k deductible)

IT stands to reason that ditching AMA would put that $311 back into the economy.

*As a note, I find how close the two figures are rather ... amusing.

How can someone who makes $15/hr afford health insurance that costs $744/mo and has a deductible of 6000? The deductible would consume half his total take home pay. The premium would consume the other half. Only a brainwashed Hillary douche bag could believe this plan was economically viable.
A single petson would pat around $250/mon & A family of 3 would pay around $120.
dont you think the family of 3 should be paying more than the single person? I mean, just based on exposure of expense for the insurance company.

The concept of these subsidies is to limit the percent of income spent on health insurance.

The policy for the single person would cost less than the policy for the family of three but the family of three would get more in subsidies.

This is why premium increases on the exchanges will have little effect on the amounts paid by the buyers.

The Libs seem to think that a raise of the min wage from nat $7.25 to $15/h will fix everything. That's an increase of [gross] $310 a month. They have often claimed that this will go into the economy since the min wage workers will spend more.

ACA, for the Bonze plan, has a monthly premium of $311/m according to CNN - Is Obamacare really affordable? Not for the middle class.
They also note that they expect that will be $744/m in 2017 (with a $6k deductible)

IT stands to reason that ditching AMA would put that $311 back into the economy.

How can someone who makes $15/hr afford health insurance that costs $744/mo and has a deductible of 6000? The deductible would consume half his total take home pay. The premium would consume the other half. Only a brainwashed Hillary douche bag could believe this plan was economically viable.
A single petson would pat around $250/mon & A family of 3 would pay around $120.
dont you think the family of 3 should be paying more than the single person? I mean, just based on exposure of expense for the insurance company.

The concept of these subsidies is to limit the percent of income spent on health insurance.

The policy for the single person would cost less than the policy for the family of three but the family of three would get more in subsidies.

This is why premium increases on the exchanges will have little effect on the amounts paid by the buyers.
whats next? limit the percentage we spend on food? mortgage? car payments? What kind of bullshit is that? limit the percentage. How about this, get an education, make more money and watch your percentage drop.

Health care and health insurance are not synonymous. Pubs (the majority of) want to keep pre existing coverage and children up to 25, so why pretend those are going to disappear?

Trump's HSA plan will not work, the concept is good for those who have the money to fund the "Savings Account" but most don't.
In my experience self employed folks used these plans more than anyone else.

The poor get medicaid. We are talking about people who can afford insurance if they choose a smaller house or choose to buy a used car instead of new. I am all for expanding medicaid if necessary.
when those choices have to be made because of the high cost of full premiums, then its wrong. Nobody should be forced to downsize their home or drive an undependable used car just because their money is being taken in order to cover those that refuse to take responsibility for their own lives

You miss my point. The takers are not just losers who refuse to work, but also those who COULD pay premiums like the rest of us but choose to live at the edge of their means then have nothing left to pay for a necessity. If those people had skin in the game like the middle class does, they would be demanding a real fix so they don't have to pay so much. One of the reasons it doesn't work is because it's all free for way too many.
but in a free society shouldnt people have a say in how the spend their money? what they buy?
If someone wants to buy a 6000 square foot home and drive a brand new corvette, then let them. If by chance those choices leave them unable to pay insurance, the tough, they dont have insurance. If they get sick and need expensive care, at that point they need to sell the car, sell the house and pay their own way.
Besides, the ACA is not going to be giving those people a subsidy just because they spent their 250,000 a year salary on homes and cars. They will still be expected to pay full price. This is where the being forced to downsize comes in to play. If they dont want insurance, then they should not have to buy it. Just dont come looking for the free care if something happens.

I am against the mandate. It exists presently and people need to buget accordingly. I'm sick of subsidizing someone with the newest iPhone streaming their high end cable tv is all I'm saying.

Right, because government knows what kind of percentage all Americans can afford to pay for health insurance?
Look, I had to explain how the exchanges & subsidies work to you people complaining about shit you obviously know nothing about. Gidelines werte established through looking t statistics.

I am sure they realized that there would be those who buy houses they can't really afford or but expensive cars or like you spend too much on guns, bullets, and beer.

whats next? limit the percentage we spend on food? mortgage? car payments? What kind of bullshit is that? limit the percentage. How about this, get an education, make more money and watch your percentage drop.

What a shame, twenty something permanent college drones might not be able to pose as children and drain their poor parents and the rest of society for free health care.

But you asshats keep telling us companies can't survive if the minimum wage increases. Therefore we must have people working lower wage jobs. Then you bitch that everyone doesn't make $100K. You people really need top think before you post your baloney.

We also keep telling you asshats to stop bringing in so many people and driving companies out with regulations and taxes, but you tell us we're stupid and /force/ us to do it anyway. ~Blip there went another company~

undone.jpg

We also keep telling you asshats to stop bringing in so many people and driving companies out with regulations and taxes, but you tell us we're stupid and /force/ us to do it anyway. ~Blip there went another company~
Funny how quick to people forget Bush's plan to give illegals temporary work visas. So tell me, Mr Asshat, what is the difference between an illegal taking your job & a imported temporary worker taking your job? How do taxes run companies out of business when you don't pay any if you don't have profits? And I guess you think we can trust companies not to produce dangerous products, fuck over their employees & pollute the planet.

i always felt obama bit off more than he could chew....he should have advocated a health care system for all those who had lost their jobs and ins and who desired and needed health care.....many like myself had ins and did not need his help,help those who needed it.....he may have had more support from even republicans....

Right, because government knows what kind of percentage all Americans can afford to pay for health insurance?
Look, I had to explain how the exchanges & subsidies work to you people complaining about shit you obviously know nothing about. Gidelines werte established through looking t statistics.

I am sure they realized that there would be those who buy houses they can't really afford or but expensive cars or like you spend too much on guns, bullets, and beer.

That's how they used to operate the former Soviet Union. It didn't work then. So why would any dumbass believe it will work now? Oops! I already answered the question.

i always felt obama bit off more than he could chew....he should have advocated a health care system for all those who had lost their jobs and ins and who desired and needed health care.....many like myself had ins and did not need his help,help those who needed it.....he may have had more support from even republicans....
not if it meant I had to pay for it.
When I say the pockets are empty as far as supporting the lazy, I mean just that. Im concerned with my family, my bills, my healthcare. If everyone else did the same we would not be having this conversation.
Truth is, there are people out there that have the idea that the government owes them everything.
Even animal packs know when its time to leave the weak behind.

Correct. He could have started a system where government only helps those who couldn't get affordable insurance or insurance at any cost because of preexisting conditions. But this was never about everybody getting healthcare insurance, it was about making as many government dependents as possible. I believe the last figure I seen was 14 million.

Many of the people that are on Commie Care today are there because they had no choice. Either their insurance company dropped them or their employer dropped coverage. This was no accident. This is exactly what DumBama and the Democrats wanted.

Now many of those new government dependents fear Republican leadership because like Trump, they want to get rid of Commie Care. That was part of the Democrat plan all along.

How do taxes run companies out of business when you don't pay any if you don't have profits? And I guess you think we can trust companies not to produce dangerous products, fuck over their employees & pollute the planet.

It's more than taxation, it's regulation as well. Thanks to environmentalists, transportation companies all across the country had to close down. They made it so expensive to deliver and pickup goods that it isn't even funny. Our company alone had to fork out hundreds of thousands of dollars to comply with new regulation, and we are a very small company.

But you asshats keep telling us companies can't survive if the minimum wage increases. Therefore we must have people working lower wage jobs. Then you bitch that everyone doesn't make $100K. You people really need top think before you post your baloney.

That's because a huge minimum wage increase has a domino effect. It doesn't just affect minimum wage people.

Here in Cleveland they just voted down a huge minimum wage increase. They realized that in doing so, businesses would move out of the city and then they'd have no tax revenue at all. Even by their own admission, increased costs for businesses would cause them to find places where it costs less to do business.

Many people were doing fine before Commie Care. Then when it went into effect, they lost their employer sponsored healthcare insurance like I did.

I was doing fine before this Commie entered the White House. Like most Americans, I had income and I had payments. It was all planned and budgeted out. Then this big-eared clown forced Commie Care down our throats, and now many of us are stuck with this major expense we didn't budget for.

It has nothing to do with beer and guns, it has to do with the federal government running our lives. The further government is from my life, the better my life is. The more government, the more problems for hard working and responsible people.

Forum List

Back