🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Happens When Americans Find Out At End Of The Day They Are Still Going To Catch COVID-19?

In England some Scientists are calling to infect everyone so they can build the antibodies to fight this infectious virus and many are screaming no because it will overload their NHS, so which one is better?

Personally I believe the Scientists are correct and this will cause deaths but in the end Humans will be more resistant to the Virus...

There is a huge backlash to it and you can see the UK changing its mind... They are doing a hell a lot more testing than the US.

UK is looking and a major epidemic and being isolated with Europe refusing entry...

U.K. can ride it out like Iceland better than the rest of the World, well in my opinion.

U.S. is going to fall apart and this will become worst and all I have to say is China Government better hope they did not play God with a virus or hell will be brought to their doorstep!

Trump is one and done like Carter...

What Happens When Americans Find Out At End Of The Day They Are Still Going To Catch COVID-19?

I think I had a beer or maybe a gin and tonic that night. Been a couple of weeks or more since I figured it out and don't remember exactly.

We will all eventually get it, I understand not wanting to overburden our healthcare infrastructure.

Given the consequences of getting it wrong, caution is advised.
Caution? Agreed.

Betting our economy / future on the worst-case scenario about a little know new virus (that is most dangerous to those approx. 80yo and who have existing respiratory / immune problems)? Not so much, at least not for me.

In England some Scientists are calling to infect everyone so they can build the antibodies to fight this infectious virus and many are screaming no because it will overload their NHS, so which one is better?

Personally I believe the Scientists are correct and this will cause deaths but in the end Humans will be more resistant to the Virus...

There is a huge backlash to it and you can see the UK changing its mind... They are doing a hell a lot more testing than the US.

UK is looking and a major epidemic and being isolated with Europe refusing entry...

U.K. can ride it out like Iceland better than the rest of the World, well in my opinion.

U.S. is going to fall apart and this will become worst and all I have to say is China Government better hope they did not play God with a virus or hell will be brought to their doorstep!

Yes, because Biden is the answer.

No one is the true answer in times like these but the fallout of this will cost some their political careers and it is usually the President.

You will disagree with me but like Carter the reality is Trump is most likely done.

Possible Depression, SARS 2.0 and let face it Americans are just panic and if this carry on into November then yes Trump is gone.

Now I wrote if and maybe and not that it will be and my word is Gold...

No one is the true answer in times like these but the fallout of this will cost some their political careers and it is usually the President.

You will disagree with me but like Carter the reality is Trump is most likely done.

Possible Depression, SARS 2.0 and let face it Americans are just panic and if this carry on into November then yes Trump is gone.

This will all be done in 90 days at worst.

Virus, yes but the damage... no...

They're gonna shit themselves big time. Good thing we have all that toilet paper stockpiled huh?

What damage will continue, specifically?

ALL of this.....AND YOU'RE GOING TO WIND UP GETTING COVID-19 ANYWAY. IS / WAS IT WORTH IT?
You are right. We should all take trump's earlier advice and just go back to work.
That LIE just never ends............
Because it isn't a lie. He said it.
PROVE IT...............FULL QUOTE IN CONTEXT.........

Waiting...........
giphy.gif

Many businesses like mom and pops shops will be damaged by this and yes they have insurance and there will be bailouts but long term unemployment will happen.

Also many people will take time before they start going out to restaurants, events and so on and the loss revenue from that will be felt for months after the virus has left.

America and the World is not going to just start right back up where it left off and even though I agree we should move our manufacturing back many countries rely on products from us and will not be buying for awhile, so again the damage will take time.

So if you believe the U.S. and World Economy will start back up and flow easily in 90 days then I have to disagree with you because it will not.

The damage from the World Shutdown will take longer than that...

Many businesses like mom and pops shops will be damaged by this and yes they have insurance and there will be bailouts but long term unemployment will happen.

Also many people will take time before they start going out to restaurants, events and so on and the loss revenue from that will be felt for months after the virus has left.

America and the World is not going to just start right back up where it left off and even though I agree we should move our manufacturing back many countries rely on products from us and will not be buying for awhile, so again the damage will take time.

So if you believe the U.S. and World Economy will start back up and flow easily in 90 days then I have to disagree with you because it will not.

I appreciate the discourse, but I totally disagree. This will be no worse than a bad flu season and the globe is overreacting.

Complete hysteria and ridiculous overreacting.

If your going to play politics with this virus, as Trump tried to do in late February at a rally, then how does that inspire people confidence in the government when obvious financial issues will have to be addressed along with medical issues

He blamed the press for acting hysterically about the virus,
he downplayed its dangers, saying against expert opinion it was on par with the flu.

“The Democrats are politicizing the corona virus" yet here he is at a campaign rally politicizing it

even claiming that it was the new hoax by the democrats

So here he is placing blame instead of inspiring confidence that the government can handle this issue

If the goal is to have everyone catch this virus, then wow I would have thought the goal was to limit it and gain control of the situation.

Its going to affect the economy and the government will have to deal with it

it will affect individuals health and their financial well being and it will have to be dealt with

people expect the government to do something about it that will make a difference and not just place blame or use the opportunity to push political agenda's

Government-Imposed / Enforced Shelter-In-Place

Government-Imposed Economic Shutdown (Closure of almost all businesses)

Government-Imposed Unemployment (millions losing their jobs due to closure of businesses)

Government-Facilitated Stock Market Plunge (Above decisions and more causing fear in Market)

Imposed Social Distancing as justification to prevent the spread of COVID-19.....

ALL of this.....AND YOU'RE GOING TO WIND UP GETTING COVID-19 ANYWAY. IS / WAS IT WORTH IT?

Questioning the Clampdown
Will people lose faith when they find out they are expected to get the virus anyway?

Opinion | Questioning the Clampdown

'Experts now agree the virus’s spread can be slowed but not contained. It will take its place among mostly seasonal respiratory infections. After a time, recurrent outbreaks will be moderated by a large number of potential carriers who have immunity from their last infection.

And then we can ask some questions. The cost to Americans of the economic shutdown is vast. What are they getting for their money? Essentially less excess demand for respiratory ventilators and other emergency care than can currently be supplied.

This demand will come largely from the elderly and chronically ill, who would be competing for these resources with the usual large number of old and ill people already suffering from acute respiratory distress as a result of routine flu and cold infections. A silver lining will be fewer cold and flu victims overall thanks to social distancing to fight Covid-19.

Some number of respiratory deaths will be avoided (really delayed since we all die) but we’ll be spending a lot more than we’ve ever been willing to spend before to avoid flu deaths. Eighty-three percent of our economy will be suppressed to relieve pressure on the 17% represented by health care. This will have to last months, not weeks, to modulate the rate at which a critical mass of 330 million get infected and acquire natural immunity.

Will people put up with it once they realize they are still expected to get the virus?

Wouldn’t it make more sense to pour resources into isolating the vulnerable rather than isolating everyone?

Basically aren’t we really just praying that summer will naturally suppress transmission and get us off the hook of an untenable policy?'

I have been saying this right from the beginning. It's not possible to not be exposed....statistics cannot be denied.
Testing is a joke really. The big BS hysteria about number of test kits is stupid.
In fact once the first person got sick
It was already too late.

Jo

I appreciate the discourse, but I totally disagree. This will be no worse than a bad flu season and the globe is overreacting.

Death toll part yes but remember States are closing and States like California have stated even Schools might stay close until Summer School or June which mean economic slow down.

So I am not saying many will die from Coronavirus but the fallout, the economic collapse and the time to fix it will take time and three months is not long enough to get the entire World back online again...

Death toll part yes but remember States are closing and States like California have stated even Schools might stay close until Summer School or June which mean economic slow down.

So I am not saying many will die from Coronavirus but the fallout, the economic collapse and the time to fix it will take time and three months is not long enough to get the entire World back online again...

China flattened its infection rate and I suspect we will see the same. We will be back to business as usual very soon. Why don’t we freak out and stay home during flu season?

Forum List

Back