🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Happens When Americans Find Out At End Of The Day They Are Still Going To Catch COVID-19?

The economic side is already severe.............and there will be no quick fix.........as this drags on........if no vaccine comes forward.......or HOT HUMID WEATHER........then it could be a Depression.............3 months is too long for many..........................

Many have lost their jobs...............or at home no pay.........That guarantees a shitty equation

The left went nuts when Trump's reaction to the virus wasn't strong enough, now the left goes nuts when the government has a strong reaction.

Virus, yes but the damage... no...

What damage will continue, specifically?

Many businesses like mom and pops shops will be damaged by this and yes they have insurance and there will be bailouts but long term unemployment will happen.

Also many people will take time before they start going out to restaurants, events and so on and the loss revenue from that will be felt for months after the virus has left.

America and the World is not going to just start right back up where it left off and even though I agree we should move our manufacturing back many countries rely on products from us and will not be buying for awhile, so again the damage will take time.

So if you believe the U.S. and World Economy will start back up and flow easily in 90 days then I have to disagree with you because it will not.

The damage from the World Shutdown will take longer than that...

I appreciate the discourse, but I totally disagree. This will be no worse than a bad flu season and the globe is overreacting.

Complete hysteria and ridiculous overreacting.

Death toll part yes but remember States are closing and States like California have stated even Schools might stay close until Summer School or June which mean economic slow down.

So I am not saying many will die from Coronavirus but the fallout, the economic collapse and the time to fix it will take time and three months is not long enough to get the entire World back online again...

China flattened its infection rate and I suspect we will see the same. We will be back to business as usual very soon. Why don’t we freak out and stay home during flu season?
I'm not so sure about that.........staying home doesn't mean packing stores wall to wall trying to get TP.....The whole advise to make it worth the 15 day deal is to stay away from other people..........NOT HAPPENING...

We aren't China.........they basically did Martial Law.............not gonna happen here.........and people will continue the spread............Just like the other ones we've had in history.

What damage will continue, specifically?

Many businesses like mom and pops shops will be damaged by this and yes they have insurance and there will be bailouts but long term unemployment will happen.

Also many people will take time before they start going out to restaurants, events and so on and the loss revenue from that will be felt for months after the virus has left.

America and the World is not going to just start right back up where it left off and even though I agree we should move our manufacturing back many countries rely on products from us and will not be buying for awhile, so again the damage will take time.

So if you believe the U.S. and World Economy will start back up and flow easily in 90 days then I have to disagree with you because it will not.

I appreciate the discourse, but I totally disagree. This will be no worse than a bad flu season and the globe is overreacting.

Death toll part yes but remember States are closing and States like California have stated even Schools might stay close until Summer School or June which mean economic slow down.

So I am not saying many will die from Coronavirus but the fallout, the economic collapse and the time to fix it will take time and three months is not long enough to get the entire World back online again...

China flattened its infection rate and I suspect we will see the same. We will be back to business as usual very soon. Why don’t we freak out and stay home during flu season?
I'm not so sure about that.........staying home doesn't mean packing stores wall to wall trying to get TP.....The whole advise to make it worth the 15 day deal is to stay away from other people..........NOT HAPPENING...

We aren't China.........they basically did Martial Law.............not gonna happen here.........and people will continue the spread............Just like the other ones we've had in history.

What happened in 2009 with Swine?

Given the consequences of getting it wrong, caution is advised.
Caution? Agreed.

Betting our economy / future on the worst-case scenario about a little know new virus (that is most dangerous to those approx. 80yo and who have existing respiratory / immune problems)? Not so much, at least not for me.

Yeah, I don’t think that’s a very compelling argument. You’re basically saying you’re willing to sacrifice the elderly and infirm for money.

I got the swine..................never went to the doc........but know I did.......I sweated it out then went back to work...................Quarter million went to the hospital here........think 17000 died overall.............Not the same as the Hong Kong Flu..................Asian Flu......................100,000 died here on those........no panic............

We let it take it's course because shutting down would destroy our economy.........

Not so here.......They say this one spreads worse......maybe so.......maybe Hype........but our economy is getting screwed by it.

And that is currently a WORLD POLICY.....not just here......

I got the swine..................never went to the doc........but know I did.......I sweated it out then went back to work...................Quarter million went to the hospital here........think 17000 died overall.............Not the same as the Hong Kong Flu..................Asian Flu......................100,000 died here on those........no panic............

We let it take it's course because shutting down would destroy our economy.........

Not so here.......They say this one spreads worse......maybe so.......maybe Hype........but our economy is getting screwed by it.

I got it as well. It was fucking nasty and put me on my ass hard. This virus is no worse.

Caution? Agreed.

Betting our economy / future on the worst-case scenario about a little know new virus (that is most dangerous to those approx. 80yo and who have existing respiratory / immune problems)? Not so much, at least not for me.

Yeah, I don’t think that’s a very compelling argument. You’re basically saying you’re willing to sacrifice the elderly and infirm for money.
And you will sacrifice the world's economy to possibly a depression which would probably kill even more than the virus in time............

I got it as well. It was fucking nasty and put me on my ass hard. This virus is no worse.
Given the rate of not needing Hospitalization and not knowing how many had it and not counted......I'd say that is correct...............except to the elderly......which would take it's toll more rapidly than the Flu.

Caution? Agreed.

And you will sacrifice the world's economy to possibly a depression which would probably kill even more than the virus in time............

How are people going to die because the economy contracts?

Caution? Agreed.

I said a DEPRESSION.........now do you wish to retract that statement...........a clue........I'm talking the world here .........not just us.

Government-Imposed / Enforced Shelter-In-Place

Government-Imposed Economic Shutdown (Closure of almost all businesses)

Government-Imposed Unemployment (millions losing their jobs due to closure of businesses)

Government-Facilitated Stock Market Plunge (Above decisions and more causing fear in Market)

Imposed Social Distancing as justification to prevent the spread of COVID-19.....

ALL of this.....AND YOU'RE GOING TO WIND UP GETTING COVID-19 ANYWAY. IS / WAS IT WORTH IT?

Questioning the Clampdown
Will people lose faith when they find out they are expected to get the virus anyway?

Opinion | Questioning the Clampdown

'Experts now agree the virus’s spread can be slowed but not contained. It will take its place among mostly seasonal respiratory infections. After a time, recurrent outbreaks will be moderated by a large number of potential carriers who have immunity from their last infection.

And then we can ask some questions. The cost to Americans of the economic shutdown is vast. What are they getting for their money? Essentially less excess demand for respiratory ventilators and other emergency care than can currently be supplied.

This demand will come largely from the elderly and chronically ill, who would be competing for these resources with the usual large number of old and ill people already suffering from acute respiratory distress as a result of routine flu and cold infections. A silver lining will be fewer cold and flu victims overall thanks to social distancing to fight Covid-19.

Some number of respiratory deaths will be avoided (really delayed since we all die) but we’ll be spending a lot more than we’ve ever been willing to spend before to avoid flu deaths. Eighty-three percent of our economy will be suppressed to relieve pressure on the 17% represented by health care. This will have to last months, not weeks, to modulate the rate at which a critical mass of 330 million get infected and acquire natural immunity.

Will people put up with it once they realize they are still expected to get the virus?

Wouldn’t it make more sense to pour resources into isolating the vulnerable rather than isolating everyone?

Basically aren’t we really just praying that summer will naturally suppress transmission and get us off the hook of an untenable policy?'

And, in the end, they will demand that you RELY ON GOVERNMENT to save you.
:laughing0301:

To government. The cause of....and solution to....all of life's problems.

Given the rate of not needing Hospitalization and not knowing how many had it and not counted......I'd say that is correct...............except to the elderly......which would take it's toll more rapidly than the Flu.

The idiot nurse made me swab my nose and I came back negative. Then I nearly passed out driving home and was in bed for 2 days so sick that I could not even listen to the radio because the stimulus made me want to puke. Then I went back to the doctors and a different nurse shoved that test up into my brain and I was confirmed positive.

We will get past this quickly

Caution? Agreed.

Hmmm, did you really asked that question?

High Unemployment mean higher crime rates which mean people robbing, dealing drugs or being in illegal activities that lead to higher death rates and also when a Depression happens that is World Wide, well wars break out and people die...

Do not believe me then read a History Book...

Caution? Agreed.

Happy hour at Goden Corral 7 days a week and avoiding salad bar/salmonella "threat" ?

my question at this point is -

what is the cost of letting this run it's course
vs
what is the cost of hiding from it in hopes we're simply buying time so few can afford

Buying time is crucial. If we didn’t take measures to slow spread, we would crush the medial system, as is the case in Italy. It would be shorter, but devastating to lives.

If we distance and slow spread, even if there are the same number of cases overall, then the medial system isn’t overwhelmed at any one point in time and potentially save hundreds of thousands of lives.
Hundreds of thousands? Really? How many have died so far worldwide?

The idiot nurse made me swab my nose and I came back negative. Then I nearly passed out driving home and was in bed for 2 days so sick that I could not even listen to the radio because the stimulus made me want to puke. Then I went back to the doctors and a different nurse shoved that test up into my brain and I was confirmed positive.

We will get past this quickly
Maybe......maybe not................I'm FURLOUGHED.........taking my vacation now.......then use my reserves.........a little unemployment which isn't jack squat......................2 to 8 weeks over this CRAP...........1000 loaded up and left were I work..............

Forum List

Back